Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: An open request to the HOFers on PP.O

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Stop acting like donkey butts.

Seriously, we all need to take a step back and look at what has been happening to PP.O lately.
    Every thread has bickering, long time members are leaving, normally calm posters are going ballistic and swearing at everyone in a thread (OK, that last one might have been just me ).

We have developed an extremely harsh and counter productive atmosphere here in the past few months.
    I know of no less that four long time Charter Members who have either stopped posting on PP.O for good recently or have communicated to me and others that they are seriously considering it.
    Looking at PP.O from the outside in, it is easy to see why.
    This forum resembles a junior high school with the level of immaturity we have been seeing lately.
    I am an active member at a couple of other football sites, including WeAreVikingsFans.com.
    PP.O used to be regarded as a great community site - now it is regarded as a joke.

* We (and I include myself in this) need to stop being so gol 'darnit condescending toward posters with differing opinions.
    My opinion is not any better than anyone else's. Neither is yours.

* We need to start actually listening to what others have to say and consider their view points instead of simply trying to formulate an argument.
    Nobody on this site knows everything, and if you listen you may actually learn a few things...

* We should be respectful of others on the site.
    Everyone has a different background.

* And finally, just because we have the right to act like an as$ all the time, doesn't mean that we should act like an as$ all the time.
    Show some social responsibility people

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
    I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
    But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
    Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Thank you.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

JMHO:

I am not sure the problem is the HOFers getting out of control.
    It might just be the fact that if you are going to continue to be here at PPO, you must realize that there will be some frustration involved because of the size of PPO and the active participation that it brings.

Once you realize (we) you are frustrated, take a step back and realize that someone's opinion that differs from your is exactly that their opinion.
    If they seem like they are attacking yours. take it with a grain of salt and move on.

"This is my opinion and it is a valid opinion."
    Seems like a Al Frankin SNL skit.
    LOL!

On a side note, I see Zubaz say they are back.
    LOL!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It's 2009 and bitching is an entitlement!
    ;D

Good post NoDak.
    All people from North Dakota are so damn smart!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
    When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
    I don't post as much because [s]everything[/s]
    most here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.

I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
    I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
    JMHO.

Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.
    I had to strike the word everything, I still appreciate the new links and the time and effort that posters put into a well thought out topic.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Want an outsiders view and opinion, it is a big part of the reason I am more reserved on the site as well.

Seeing some of the threads turning into literally pissing matches at the drop of a hat or a perspective of a post puts a poster that is trying to have fun and learn of others viewpoints on high alert. Like walking on eggshells trying not to start a free for all.

I highly recommend this site and think the world of the members of this site, I have read a couple of threads that were disappointing. Reminds me of the past offseason on the Packer boards.. constant infighting and udder insults flying left and right.

I think it is good to bring it to light, discuss it and focus attention to changing it. It took many months to change that culture back on a number of Packer boards, but it took a lot of effort from the senior members to set the tone.

This is a fantastic board with great diversity.. for whatever reason there has been turmoil a late.. hopefully it rebounds without losing more members that provide great insight.

It starts with each and every member, the only place to start.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"pack93z" wrote:
    Want an outsiders view and opinion, it is a big part of the reason I am more reserved on the site as well.

Seeing some of the threads turning into literally pissing matches at the drop of a hat or a perspective of a post puts a poster that is trying to have fun and learn of others viewpoints on high alert. Like walking on eggshells trying not to start a free for all.

I highly recommend this site and think the world of the members of this site, I have read a couple of threads that were disappointing. Reminds me of the past offseason on the Packer boards.. constant infighting and udder insults flying left and right.

I think it is good to bring it to light, discuss it and focus attention to changing it. It took many months to change that culture back on a number of Packer boards, but it took a lot of effort from the senior members to set the tone.

This is a fantastic board with great diversity.. for whatever reason there has been turmoil a late.. hopefully it rebounds without losing more members that provide great insight.

It starts with each and every member, the only place to start.
    Exactly.

The senior leaders should set a good example and stand-up for each other.

If a member is outta line, a senior member mentions it; then other senior members should back him.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Wouldn't it be a drag if we were all the same? Viva la difference... ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The site has changed so much in the three years since Ive joined.
    Its gone from loose happy to uptight and irritating.
    I know hes been busy but webby needs to give us one of his foot in the asses speaches.
    The site has changed a lot and the fun factor of the site is gone.
    People have been chased away and now its a bunch of morons constantly saying I know you are but what am I

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I guess I have not noticed it as much, But I have seen some of what you are talking about. Generally I try to get along with everyone. And there has only been one thread ecently that has gotten my Goat,(and I think the only one for that matter). But I wouldn't go as far as to call it a joke. IMHO.
    Not saying anything bad about the mods in any way shape or form, they are are stand up people, and do a great job when they atre on. I kinda say that on purpose because with the exception of Ultra, some of them are not regulars to the site. Agin not trying to rip on, or be critiical in anyway. But I have noticed less moderration on the site.

On the flip side I think that some of it has to do with the passion we have for thsi team, and our frustration of hwo we are so close, but yet so far away at the same time. I alos belive that alot of peopel are facing some outside pressure,
    economy, job, money ect. I know I am. So maybe some of that is also coming out in people as well. This is just my 2 cents though.

Outside of Cajun(again me living in my own little world) who else has left?
    I don't think PP.O is a joke either, just sharing what some of the views are outside our community.
    As for the people who have left, or are thinking about leaving, I would rather not name names... especially since two of them are just considering it right now.
    If they want to go public with it, that is their prerogative.
    True but others have been saying that since I first joined. I think more out of jealosy than anything. But they also can't say that they don't have the same problems. With thsi many people it is bound to happen.
    But I can also say that there are other sites, and I am sure the same ones saying that we are a joke that have not been very welcoming at all.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Caine" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great post.

Points have been taken aboard and digested My Sexy Little Pixie.

If I have been a bit overboard, I apologize.
    Hard to keep Old Marrdro back at times.
    I will endevour to be nicer, however, ..........

Doesn't mean I am gonna be someones whipping boy either.

Get in my jiggly butt and.....JK
    ;D.
    Why would you want someone in your jiggly butt?
    That's just....

oh.....wait......I'm not judging you.
    I accept your life choices.....

Caine
    LOL, see my attempt at humor/levity fails but you come through.......Probaby why I only got one vote in the "Who's the funniest PPO'r" thread.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast