Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moss threads

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Moss threads

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't like the idea of a Moss sticky.
    If we did that, the Moss thread would grow to astronomical size, and nobody, especially new members, will go through 20+ pages to read every post.
    They will just end up making their own anyway, and the mods will have to move it.
    I think a simple reminder not to hijack threads will suffice.

Besides, sometimes it is appropriate to bring up Moss into a thread that was not necessarily Moss-centric to begin with.
    For instance, there was a thread not too long ago about trading draft picks for a veteran player.
    Not necessarily a Moss driven thread, but I can understand how his name could be brought up there.

On the other hand, someone mentioned in another thread to use the profanity filter to change "Randy Moss" to "Dimitrius Underwood".
    (I can't remember who, probably Zeus or some other smart jiggly butt ) Think of all the "Bring Back Dimitrius Underwood" threads we would have floating around then... ;D
    Newflash:
    Who the hell reads through 4 pages, let alone 20?
    Not many.
    People generally read the first post and that is it.
    If they are regulars they read the last couple.

Word filtering is not the key.
    Jamming a foot an arse is.
    ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that the Vikes should get Moss...THEN we could see how long it would take before we start seeing "Get Rid of Moss" threads...LOL

I think it should go like this:

1st time. an unnecessary Moss mention gets mentioned unnecessarily, a mod warns poster to be judicious with Moss references

2nd time, an unnecessary Moss mention happens, the poster gets a two-day timeout

3rd time, an unnecessary Moss mention happens, the poster gets a suspension determined by Webby

4th time, yer outta there!!!

That's ONE MORE strike than what baseball players get...more than fair IMO.

These rules can be modified by distance between Moss mentions (e.g., if the time between the first and second mention is sufficiently spaced from each occurance, then the mod just gives a gentle reminder...that way no one is on pins and needles, but blatant and stubborn violators get canned, but fairly innocent mistakes over time just get tapped on the shoulder).

My 2 cents.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.
    That's the problem with the majority of Moss threads, they are the same exact information with the same arguments over and over and over again.
    That's why they're annoying.

I'm all for piling any Moss threads into one thread unless there is some new development of some kind.
    I would assume two years post trade is long enough to let the old arguments die.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

That's the problem with the majority of Moss threads, they are the same exact information with the same arguments over and over and over again.

I'm all for piling any Moss threads into one thread unless there is some new development of some kind.
    I would assume two years post trade is long enough to let the old arguments die.
    I never thought I'd say this, but I agree.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree.
    Now we're done.
    We can go back to disagreeing for the rest of the offseason so there's some sense of normalcy here.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Mr" wrote:

And you are usually the conductor of the "derail train"!

;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I say have the word editor do the work for us.

Have the editor change "Moss" or "Randy Moss" into "Keenan Howry"

Then the posts would be more like "I want Keenan Howry back", "I love Keenan Howry", "We should trade our #3 pick for Keenan Howry" & "Keenan Howry would help us win a super bowl".

Posters would get so frustrated & look like asshats, that they would cease to post on the subject or at least keep it to a minimum.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Or else, when somebody types "Moss" they are redirected to a page that says:

[img width=216 height=151]http://jigoku.studio-zoe.com/temp/banned.png[/img]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have no problem with Moss threads as long as they are not repeats (which about 90% of them seem to be, and I myself am guilty of this I'm sure). I guess I could care less what the big bosses want to do, whatever it is it will probably be the right thing.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast