Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Moss threads

  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Moss threads

    How about if we just made a Moss sticker to merge all the Moss threads into.

    And then whenever someone would refer to Moss there could be a modedit that said: All dicussion on Moss in Moss sticky

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Moss threads

    A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

    Members have the right to voice their opinions.
    However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

    I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Moss threads

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

    Members have the right to voice their opinions.
    However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

    I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.
    I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
    Especially that Ohio State guy.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Moss threads

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

    Members have the right to voice their opinions.
    However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

    I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.
    I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
    Especially that Ohio State guy.

    =Z=
    Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.

  5. #5
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Moss threads

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

    Members have the right to voice their opinions.
    However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

    I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.
    I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
    Especially that Ohio State guy.

    =Z=
    Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.
    Pull my finger first.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #6
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Moss threads

    I think the Mods generally does a good job of trying to keep the arguments on the topic.

    The most important thing is that the arguments doesn't get personal when people go off.

    Other than that I think mod'edits could be a good help to tell people not to derail threads in accordance to the actions that is allready taken.

    I don't know that we can keep people away from having crushes on Moss, even if it do get on some peoples nerves.

    That is also why I suggested the Moss sticky, half in fun and half serious. I thought we could use some life in here after I have spend the last couple of days reading through this stuff.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  7. #7
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Moss threads

    Just put it in the editor...if you type Moss it comes out 'I am a Moss crotch sniffer, and I like it' or something like that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Moss threads

    "Acumen" wrote:
    Just put it in the editor...if you type Moss it comes out 'I am a Moss crotch sniffer, and I like it' or something like that.
    Or make the sticky as I suggested, and let the editor create an automatic: 'Mod edit: Moss talk only in Moss sticky'

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  9. #9
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Moss threads

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

    Members have the right to voice their opinions.
    However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

    I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.
    I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
    Especially that Ohio State guy.

    =Z=
    Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.

    no....then only you and webby will be able to talk about it!!!!
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Moss threads

    I don't like the idea of a Moss sticky.
    If we did that, the Moss thread would grow to astronomical size, and nobody, especially new members, will go through 20+ pages to read every post.
    They will just end up making their own anyway, and the mods will have to move it.
    I think a simple reminder not to hijack threads will suffice.

    Besides, sometimes it is appropriate to bring up Moss into a thread that was not necessarily Moss-centric to begin with.
    For instance, there was a thread not too long ago about trading draft picks for a veteran player.
    Not necessarily a Moss driven thread, but I can understand how his name could be brought up there.

    On the other hand, someone mentioned in another thread to use the profanity filter to change "Randy Moss" to "Dimitrius Underwood".
    (I can't remember who, probably Zeus or some other smart ass ) Think of all the "Bring Back Dimitrius Underwood" threads we would have floating around then... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Look at me" threads
    By Prophet in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 06:41 PM
  2. Which repeat threads nauseate you more...Culpepper or Moss?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 03:15 AM
  3. STOP MAKING THREADS TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP MAKING THREADS!
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •