Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOF Chat

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: HOF Chat

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    There should be an annoyance test you have to pass, since there's lots of ppl without lots of posts who have good posts
    You shouldn't be able to donate your way in either
    You make it seem like those of us that have donated but have yet to reach that numerical milestone did so only to get HOF status.
    I could be mistaken but I'm sure that most of us that have donated to PPO did so only because we enjoy the site and the camaraderie that is shared amongst fellow Viking fans.
    I for one didn't even know nor did I expect to receive anything in return.

I know I don't bring much football knowledge to this site but I enjoy coming here for Viking related news and information, plus I enjoy reading the comments of others. I've learned a lot in my short time here. But I do find it a tad bit insulting to assume someone is more important because they have 500 more posts than myself.

Maybe I need to start posting in the boobie thread to boost my numbers. ;D
    I enjoy your posts and have you ranked pretty gol 'darnit high on the ole spread sheet young lady..... ;D
    Would that be the same spreadsheet that Dr. J is on?
    LOL, Nope.
    That spread sheet only has room for Dr. J, JLH, Laura Francese and of course, Wildwoman......

No offense VikingMD.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jilly is offline Coach

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    There should be an annoyance test you have to pass, since there's lots of ppl without lots of posts who have good posts
    You make it seem like those of us that have donated but have yet to reach that numerical milestone did so only to get HOF status.
    I could be mistaken but I'm sure that most of us that have donated to PPO did so only because we enjoy the site and the camaraderie that is shared amongst fellow Viking fans.

I know I don't bring much football knowledge to this site but I enjoy coming here for Viking related news and information, plus I enjoy reading the comments of others. I've learned a lot in my short time here. But I do find it a tad bit insulting to assume someone is more important because they have 500 more posts than myself.

also, don't take this the wrong way, but how are you able to post in this thread?
    Its in the HOF forum, which I had thought you needed 1250 posts to get in.
    unless Webby granted you special access, which i don't have a problem with, I was just curious.
    Thats what we are talking about IBP. Evidently if you donate to the site you acheive HOF status. I did not know this was the case when I donated and I hate for for people to think that was the reason for my donation. Its really no big deal to me, I don't even visit this forum but this hasn't been the first time I have heard others mention that we bought our way in so I thought I would speak up.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the chat anymore due to it's negativity but to only limit HOFers the the new chat, I think you would sadly miss out on some quality posters. I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others. Ultra summed it up pretty good and I think most of us would agree.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey, most of us come here for the fellowship of other Viking fans, and through posting have come to respect many and like what you have to say in many different forums. All the work the Webby has done to provide us the best fan site on the www. Folks like singerSP who religously post all the dang news, to Del Rio the "noggin thumper" it's always great to read others opinions. You can learn alot here.The HoF is a place for everyone that loves Viking Football and enjoy's the banter of the posters whether you agree or disagree with some posts, its not post count that makes this place cool as heck, It's fans who care enough to post about the same thing we all have a passion for. The Minnesota Vikings

SKOL Brothers and Sisters,
    DC/PT

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

also, don't take this the wrong way, but how are you able to post in this thread?
    unless Webby granted you special access, which i don't have a problem with, I was just curious.
    I actually was not aware the donation allowed HOF status.
    Permissions error somewhere.
    Although I can individually allow such access.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Let's put it this way:
    this was the request from a bunch of you, a HOF-specific chat room.

You asked,
    I delivered.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    ....I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others...
    They're not?
    Fuck.
    I thought I had an epiphany at 1250, and now I find out I didn't.
    Damn it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    ....I think it's ridiculous to assume that because someone has 1250 posts, they are magically superior to others...
    They're not?
    Fuck.
    I thought I had an epiphany at 1250, and now I find out I didn't.
    Damn it.
    I had something at 1250 posts... epiphany may not be the word... but how about that "True HOF Thread"

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Jocelyn and I are glad that we met you and the hubby. You don't have to have football knowledge. Hell I am not the smartest guy in the world. This site is more than football. I have met some great people here in real life. I didn't know any Vikings fans before this site. Now I know a lot. It has been more every minute I spend on here. Except my boss probably would not agree if he found out how much time I spend on it at work.
    ;D

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Webby" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I actually was not aware the donation allowed HOF status.

Permissions error somewhere.

Although I can individually allow such access.
    It's gotta be a permission thing when the membergroups were created.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Well I'd really like to take part in the chat but I have to go to a bar to watch the game....

I don't think the ol' iPhone works too well for the gameday chat.... so that means bringing a laptop.
    Last time I did that, I wrote my Master's thesis while getting drunk.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast