Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I can see what Singer is saying. Most of the time fans find this site and want to come in here and either celebrate or beeyatch, depending on the outcome of the game and for them, they are just looking for a place to come in and blow off steam without having to do a research paper to post their opinion. On the other hand there are guys who have been here a long tima and there is probably a sense of monotony to see "Fire Childress" starting a thread 6 times a week.

Having been around the forum block a few times, it seems to me that it would be beneficial to the site
    to have a general forum, like Vikings 101 for the newbies and fans who just want to casually discuss the team without having to labeled a YUTZ, and for those who want to go deeper into discussion and what to debate stats etc in more detail, we could have a Vikings PHD that may do a better job of keeping the old guard occupied.

The forum has grown and is continuing to grow and at some point it is advantageous to alter the forums to take advantage of the expanding base.

Just a thought

Might be a real fine idea.....a place for newbs to play and not feel like they need a paper.
    I too feel that sometimes, but its hard to put a finger on around here.

But without feedback to me, I have no clue what in particular is bothersome.
    This site is very large now and its not as easy as it use to be to keep tabs.

I will note that if you fail to get me involved, then I can't help but throw my hands in the air.

I don't see everything the same way as others, but always listen.
    The mods and I need to do a better job perhaps of finding the belittling...but I dn't see disagreement as belittling either.
    Some folks here are quite knowledgeable and because they post intricate well thought out posts, that does not lock you out, nor should it prevent your opinion from being heard.

Singer is right.
    The behavior here has me wondering if I even keep the site alive for the future.
    Sad indeed when there is really only a single rule.
    Its not complex the be a member here.
    There are no cliques or secret passwords.
    But if people keep pissing on the rules and throw a holy stink when corrected, then I am to the point it is better to ban someone than let them foul the waters.
    People that do throw a stink for being corrected sometimes end up being exemplary members too.
    You see my point.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Don't we already have that somewhat in the HOF? Or could that become that place?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Excellent post Webby.

I see a lot of members get all bent out of shape because they are faced with intelligent and well thought out posts.
    The only way to hang in there is counter with intelligent posts.

I know what is going on here lately and it's understandable on one front, and kind of silly on another.

Like Webby said, unless somebody knows about it Webby cannot do anything about it.
    The last thing we want to see is another member quitting.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    Don't we already have that somewhat in the HOF? Or could that become that place?

That was my original intent, but its not clear.
    I myself would like a Vikings101 type area where I can go in and toss in two stupid cents once in awhile just to get it off my chest.
    I would spend more time in the more serious area though myself.

Maybe examples need to be sent. Nothing wromg with a short term ban to "Cool Off" if needed. Or a perminate one if warrented

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Excellent post Webby.

I see a lot of members get all bent out of shape because they are faced with intelligent and well thought out posts.
    The only way to hang in there is counter with intelligent posts.

I know what is going on here lately and it's understandable on one front, and kind of silly on another.

Like Webby said, unless somebody knows about it Webby cannot do anything about it.
    The last thing we want to see is another member quitting.
    I agree.
    I, for one, love intelligent posts and intellectual debates.
    I will admit sometimes I let me temper get the best of me.
    For that I apologize.
    The one thing I will say is this site would not be the site it is without people like Webby keeping it going.
    Singer, personally I hope you decide to stay.
    This site would not be the same without you.
    You always give good feedback and handle it pretty well when someone doesn't agree with you.
    You also initiate some great articles which I would never be able to find.
    For that I thank you.

Frostbite is offline Coach

I am very new here but I have enjoyed the site tremendously since joining. I think Webby and the mods here do a fine job of over-seeing and correcting problem posts etc. No matter what rules are posted on sites like these there will always be the one or two bad apples that filter into the site.

In my humble opinion you join the site with the intention of having fun and talking about football and the Vikings in general. You must consider that if you post anything it is subject to review and possible debate from other members with opposite view points. alsp possible deletion by the Mods/Web Site Owner etc.

I have had some of my topic issues "jumped" on here....but as I see it, other fans have a right to voice there opinions....so I NEVER TAKE IT PERSONAL...

A little thicker skin is sometimes needed on any fan boards anywhere becuase we are all human beings first and foremost, with different personalities and view points that span the gambit of NFL/Vikings and other issues accross the Board subject matter.

Some attention to courtesy....that is treating someone the way you would want to be treated should be our first thought when making any reply posts, or original post for that matter. Think before we speak. Otherwise we run the risk of getting OMAIF Disease (Open Mouth and Insert Foot) which many of the very knowledgable posters here will not and should not have to tollerate. Obviously poor taste posts...foul language and disrespectful posts toward others will not and should not be tollerated here. There is an entire rule section we should have all read that deals with this stuff.

No...nobody should get a pass for posting points that can and should be contested by debate. Anybody remember your debate protocals and edicate?? As far as mis-spelling words...I'm one of the worst because I never took typing 101 and I find it often difficult to keep up on subject matter here with posters that are more efficeint on the keyboard than I am. I don't think we should criticize anybody for it. Again...polite nods about it if you simply can't make heads or tails out of the post because of mis-spelling is probably ok. Nobody is perfect. As humans we get angry sometimes, frustrated, and often short with others. No website on earth is without these problems on occasion. Being able to admit you were wrong is the hardest thing to do sometimes. Appologies don't always come easy, and forgiveness can be difficult to show for some folks.

Finally...When everything is said and done people... the site is for the enjoyment of us all, in the fun and spirit of debate. We can all learn from each other and nobody knows everything. I cannot speak for the Web moderators or the Web site Owner here, but I would venture to say that they also want everyone to have fun within the guidelines of courtesy and common sense. I for one will continue my membership and look forward to 2008 and tossing around the info and ideas with all of you here.

Singersp...you will be missed. Very sorry to see you go my friend.

Thanks for all your input. I learned a lot from your posts.

Cheers!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

singer left
    ???

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    singer left
    ???
    unfortunatly for now. Go back a couple of pages. and you will see his reasons.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He's taking a break, thats it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast