Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

What is your good, bad and ugly from the 2007 season?

The Good - Season exceeding expectations, with a play-off push. Emergance of AP and the rushing record. TJ daring to impress us! Big plays from the secondary at New York.

The Bad - That sunday night against the skins, the shut-down of the run and failure of the pass. Sickening disappointment of not making the play-offs.

The Ugly - TJs rushed passes, makes you want to cringe! Also, the number of turnovers towards the end of the season.

"A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Good:

They fought until the bitter end, making football exciting in December.
    Our rushing attack up until the last four games of the season.
    Our rush defense dominated yet again.
    Overall the entire team seemed to improve over last season.

Bad:

Missing the chance to play our way into the post season.
    The play of our safeties in several key losses.
    Our pass rush.
    Some of the play-calling in big games.

Ugly:

TJack's interceptions when he tried to make a play out of nothing.
    Dwight Smith/Darrion Scott/Ray Edwards' behavior off the field.
    That first half against the Redskins on Sunday night.
    The negative nancies that roam this site crying about our young players during their developmental stages.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

The Good: 8 victories. I would never have thought that going into the year. We had a shot at it in the final week, it were a great improvement by the players and the coaches.

The Bad: DE position. Still not enough rushes of that edge. The only guy I have confidence in is Udeze, and he will not be the big rusher. I have hopes for Robison, but other than that it's up in the air.

The Ugly: TWill, the guy just refuses to catch balls. Also to some extend Shank-O (drops, penalties and turnovers).

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

briannord is offline Rookie

The Good:
    Being so young and yet being able to compete.
    296 rushing yards.

The Bad: Stop smoking pot please.

The Ugly:
    AP at San Fran.
    Tarvaris Jackson throwing and jumping at the same time for picks like what three times?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Good:
    The progress this team has made.

The Bad:
    The areas they still need to progress in.

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
    Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

We can't make adjustments.
    (I bet none of you even have a clue what adjustments are)
    Our playcalling sucks.
    (I bet none of you can even diagram a play let alone use the terms for it)
    Our players looked flat.
    (Faster teams make slower teams look flat.
    We played a faster team).
    We need to change the scheme to fit the players talents.
    (You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
    Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
    (No smiley face).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly: Posters on this site who use the same old cliche's in an attempt to make everyone think they actually know something about football.
    Truth be told if you use of these cliche's and don't back it up with any kindof substance you actually look dumber than if you would have just not posted anything.....

Our playcalling sucks.
    Our players looked flat.
    (You realize the players on this team were drafted because thier talents fit the scheme.)
    Our coaches are hold the players back. (This one makes me just scratch my head and say WHAT)

As you craft your posts and feel the need to type one of these cliche's now that most knowledgable fans will feel the need to type YUTZ in responding to you but will hold back because we must play nice with the mindless posters of drivel cause if we slam on you we will be labeled as mean.
    (No smiley face).
    Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.
    "A head coach needs 3 things. A good wife, a loyal dog and a helluva Quaterback!" John Gruden

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The good: The 8 wins and the improvement we have all seen in the team

The bad: The 8 losses and the inconsistent play at some skill positions

The ugly: Zeus after he has had one too many GBPs. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Good:

The Bad:

Our playcalling sucks.
    Our players looked flat.

(No smiley face).
    Ok so u havent't got time for 'cliches' because your too 'knowledgable' for them. Heres a quick note, forums are for fans, not experts. Ok some may know more than others but dont post things like that thinking your better than anybody. We're all Vikes fans on here to talk about them, not about how knowledgable some fans are. Lighten up or keep your football-less opinions toi yourself. no smiley face? Grow up.
    Relax.
    Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
    Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
    I think that qualifies as ugly.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Good:

The Bad:

Our playcalling sucks.
    Our players looked flat.

(No smiley face).
    Relax.
    Marrdro was not attacking you directly, and responding like that makes you look immature.
    Nobody is trying to prove themselves more knowledgeable than the next person, and there are some people who constantly use the same arguments and cliches over and over again even after the problems with that argument have been pointed out time and time again.
    Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.

Blog Entries

"Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Proud2BPurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Good:

The Bad:

Our playcalling sucks.
    Our players looked flat.

(No smiley face).
    Relax.
    Probably was a slight over reaction on my part, i apologise for that. I understand your point about the same arguments constantly being made, you made it sound a lot more constructive than Marrdro did! Thanks an apologies to all.
    Yeah, well I am just an all around nicer guy that Marrdro.
    (just kidding Marty)
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast