Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Cajun and PacNWVike - change of nationality?

Well hope no-one is taking offense on this, I know many on here have links back to various countries, so people with non-US flags don't think I'm having a go at you cos I'm not !
    I was just looking on it as an opportunity to stir Cajun up on something other than his spelling
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

If its not bad enough that Cajun is Cajun
    ;D but he is now displaying the french ( note the small f ) flag under his name
    Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
    As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the
    :P fr***h flag !

Gentlemen, explain yourselves please !
    Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
    :P
    j/k
    I'm off to put the German flag onto mine.
    Uh...excuse me!
    The FRENCH were our FIRST allies when we were still English colonies!
    Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!

The French were our allies because we opposed the British, if they could separate the British from the colonies it gave them far greater power if the Atlantic if the British were defeated.
    Shortly after the revolutionary war the French tried very hard to stifle the growth of the American states and we ended up in a undeclared war with France from the mid 1790's to the start of the war of 1812 which if the British had not tried to take back the colonies that war could very easily been against the French instead of the British.

And as far as the Civil war Cajun you are way wrong the French backed the South and even created a Confederate puppet government in Mexico and the block was to keep the Union fleet out of the south, and the french supplied the south with weapons.

France has not been a friend to the US and if it can back stab the US it does!
    Check out a book called Our Oldest Enemy by Miller (can't remember his 1st name).
    It gives a historical background to the French / American relationship and the political and economic reasons that the French opposed the US and it started shortly after we defeated their main enemy at the time the British.

And by the way we kind of paid them back for their assistance in the Revolutionary war by saving them from the Germans (twice).
    The French are not and have not been allies of the United States, and the only reason that France does things because it benefits France, like sell weapons against the UN mandates to Iraq and they sold Nuclear technology to both India and Pakistan after signing the non-Nuclear proliferation act.

But then again Cajun as much as you hate the government of the United States I can see why you fly the French flag!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i and Norwgian, Swedish, Candian-French, German, etc, both most importantly; I'm American.

now im glad that many of you are proud of your ancestory, as am I, however, i do not fly their flag, not on my porch/lawn/car/what-have-you, or even on this forum; as many of you have now decided to.
    I'm not saying it's wrong that you choose to do so; living in the USA, that is your born right, in many countries it would be considered treason.

however, i believe that despite our mixed backgrounds, none of us (besides those of u not from the U.S.) are German, French, English, Scottish, Irish, etc, etc, we all live in this great country, and should be proud of that fact above all.
    And no, i'm not preaching about assimilation; where i think we should all be the same.

oh, and the arguement about the Jewish friends that fly the flag of Israel, that is normally for different reasons, yes their proud of their heritage, but its more so because the star of david is the symbol for their religion, the country of Israel is the holy land of their beliefs, and they are proud to fly it for those reasons.
    However, most, or at least most i've come in contact with, also fly and American flag next to it, because that is their home, despite their heritage, their American, not Israeli, as you're not French.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Ok now I'm very tolerant of my european neighbours, as long as they stay on THAT side of the English Channel where they belong. However I now see that we have two of the PP.O regulars, whom I considered to be true nephews of Uncle Sam now displaying non-US flags under their names?

Does this mean that he will be soon departing for Paris where he can sit in meetings all day, avoiding any work and baths/showers and generally do bugger all?
    As for PacNWVike, he has obviously been partaking of too much imported german lager and sauerkraut, but at least he didn't pick the

Dont forget the french "caving in" to any type of aggression or confrontation.LOL
    j/k
    Uh...excuse me!
    Also, who do you think provided the ships to form the naval blockade of the South when our country was torn by civil war...that's right, the FRENCH!

Methinks that the English are just jealous of how the French have a reputation as lovers...while the English are viewed as Victorian prudes!!!

The French were our allies because we opposed the British, if they could separate the British from the colonies it gave them far greater power if the Atlantic if the British were defeated.
    Shortly after the revolutionary war the French tried very hard to stifle the growth of the American states and we ended up in a undeclared war with France from the mid 1790's to the start of the war of 1812 which if the British had not tried to take back the colonies that war could very easily been against the French instead of the British.

And as far as the Civil war Cajun you are way wrong the French backed the South and even created a Confederate puppet government in Mexico and the block was to keep the Union fleet out of the south, and the french supplied the south with weapons.

Check out a book called Our Oldest Enemy by Miller (can't remember his 1st name).
    It gives a historical background to the French / American relationship and the political and economic reasons that the French opposed the US and it started shortly after we defeated their main enemy at the time the British.

And by the way we kind of paid them back for their assistance in the Revolutionary war by saving them from the Germans (twice).
    The French are not and have not been allies of the United States, and the only reason that France does things because it benefits France, like sell weapons against the UN mandates to Iraq and they sold Nuclear technology to both India and Pakistan after signing the non-Nuclear proliferation act.

But then again Cajun as much as you hate the government of the United States I can see why you fly the French flag!
    You guy read WAY TOO MUCH into the flag stuff!!!

Get over it!!!

And of course, you fly NO FLAG!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    i and Norwgian, Swedish, Candian-French, German, etc, both most importantly; I'm American.

now im glad that many of you are proud of your ancestory, as am I, however, i do not fly their flag, not on my porch/lawn/car/what-have-you, or even on this forum; as many of you have now decided to.
    I'm not saying it's wrong that you choose to do so; living in the USA, that is your born right, in many countries it would be considered treason.

however, i believe that despite our mixed backgrounds, none of us (besides those of u not from the U.S.) are German, French, English, Scottish, Irish, etc, etc, we all live in this great country, and should be proud of that fact above all.
    And no, i'm not preaching about assimilation; where i think we should all be the same.

oh, and the arguement about the Jewish friends that fly the flag of Israel, that is normally for different reasons, yes their proud of their heritage, but its more so because the star of david is the symbol for their religion, the country of Israel is the holy land of their beliefs, and they are proud to fly it for those reasons.
    However, most, or at least most i've come in contact with, also fly and American flag next to it, because that is their home, despite their heritage, their American, not Israeli, as you're not French.

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a mutt, too many nationalities in my background.
    Can I fly all the flags?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

well i meant to =] believe me, US flags everywhere around here. i'll change taht just for you babe.

im extremely patriotic, kinda embarrassed that i didnt actually notice the nationality function thingy earlier.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

j/k
    Uh...excuse me!

You guy read WAY TOO MUCH into the flag stuff!!!

Get over it!!!

When Webby switched over to the new format it must not have come with, but I will change that right away Cajun.

I am not ashamed to say I am from the United States of America like some people,
    because if it is a choice to live here under this government or in Syria or Iran under their government I choose here every f*cking time!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes_King" wrote:

fly the maple leaf loud and proud. its superior ro every other country in the world

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Uh...excuse me!

Where was that love & friendship during Desert Storm?

Also, I'll emphasize these words in your quote,
    "when we were were still English colonies!

English colonies, not French.
    ;D :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast