Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Another Example Of America's Finest

I put this in the HOF'r thread and if the mods think it is better served were all can see it, they can put it out into the general forums, however, with Jerimiahs permission I would like to quote a PM he sent me that I think should be shared with our members.........

I Took the Oath on thursday. I swore in! Man, it was awesome. I got option 32: 2 years active duty followed by 4 in the reserve.

I will train up as a 19-Kilo! Tanker! I will be riding the M1 Abrahms. I report to the Sacramento MEPS on December 30th, fly out the next day and will be in reception at FT.
    Knox until Jan 9th. Then I go "Down-Range." From there, who knows. I was told to expect immediate deployment though. We'll see. Hope so.

I just kept looking around and hearing how our Army was supposedly "struggling" and how only the "desperate" and those with "limited opportunities" were the only ones joining. That's crap. I just earned my plumbing contractors License in May. I own a business. I own a home. I have an awesome family, i'm not "desperate." I'm also not tooting my own horn, it's just that I felt that I needed to do my part, as a citizen. Someone has to do it. Why not me?

My 9 year-old girl is upset. My 12 year old boy is worried but also bouncing off the walls when I show him videos of the tank. My wife knows I have been itching to get back and supports me all the way. 15 years married and still going strong. She has got my back.

When I get to Knox, I will see that my wife gets you my address via pm and I will write you. Thanks for the supprt Marr, it means alot.
    Miah.
    I know there are alot of different opinions about our role overseas and how our troops are used, however, I hope that is kept out of this thread.

Lets all join in and keep on supporting our troops that are currently in and the ones like Jereamiah
    who stand up everyday and take the oath.
    I speak from experience as I served proudly for 22 years, these guys/gals are facing a real shooting war instead of the old "Cold War" enemy alot of older Vets faced during our time.

A decision of this magnitude has my utmost respect.

They are and will always be America's Finest, at least in this old Sailors eyes.

Props to you my friend.
    You officially have your own spreadsheet.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Another Example Of America's Finest

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I put this in the HOF'r thread and if the mods think it is better served were all can see it, they can put it out into the general forums, however, with Jerimiahs permission I would like to quote a PM he sent me that I think should be shared with our members.........

I Took the Oath on thursday. I swore in! Man, it was awesome. I got option 32: 2 years active duty followed by 4 in the reserve.

I will train up as a 19-Kilo! Tanker! I will be riding the M1 Abrahms. I report to the Sacramento MEPS on December 30th, fly out the next day and will be in reception at FT.
    Knox until Jan 9th. Then I go "Down-Range." From there, who knows. I was told to expect immediate deployment though. We'll see. Hope so.

I just kept looking around and hearing how our Army was supposedly "struggling" and how only the "desperate" and those with "limited opportunities" were the only ones joining. That's crap. I just earned my plumbing contractors License in May. I own a business. I own a home. I have an awesome family, i'm not "desperate." I'm also not tooting my own horn, it's just that I felt that I needed to do my part, as a citizen. Someone has to do it. Why not me?

My 9 year-old girl is upset. My 12 year old boy is worried but also bouncing off the walls when I show him videos of the tank. My wife knows I have been itching to get back and supports me all the way. 15 years married and still going strong. She has got my back.

When I get to Knox, I will see that my wife gets you my address via pm and I will write you. Thanks for the supprt Marr, it means alot.
    Miah.
    I know there are alot of different opinions about our role overseas and how our troops are used, however, I hope that is kept out of this thread.

Lets all join in and keep on supporting our troops that are currently in and the ones like Jereamiah
    I speak from experience as I served proudly for 22 years, these guys/gals are facing a real shooting war instead of the old "Cold War" enemy alot of older Vets faced during our time.

They are and will always be America's Finest, at least in this old Sailors eyes.

Props to you my friend.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    I give my props as well.
    I know what it's like and luckily he has a family that can support him too.
    I know my wife would be highly upset and it's very difficult on any family when a military member is sent over seas.
    This is a selfless act and I for one appreciate your and your family's contribution to the country.
    Aim High!
    Oh sorry, that's the Air Force
    ;D

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Miah.

Props to you my friend.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    <S> to Jereamiah, who I had the pleasure of meeting last year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Thank you for your service Jerimiah

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I admire your energy...and for taking life by the horns. I applaud your decision, and props to your wife for her support. May God be with you...and thanks for giving your service to our great country.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

thanks

Haven't heard from him in a while.
    Sent him a PM for an update last night after I watched "Pete" rough up Deon on the NFLN last night. Made me wonder how Big J was doing.

I am sure he is getting 3 squares of good ole military chow and a cot to lay his head down on.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't see this thread when it was first posted.
    Keep us updated - I hope all is going well and he's safe!
    Its a whole other world over there.

You'll never know the respect I have for men like you Jeremiah.
    People like you give me the ability to say: I'm proud to be an American.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your sacrifices.
    Its understandable that your daughter is upset, but when she gets older she'll realize what a strong, passionate man her father is.
    Your family should be very proud of you.
    Best of luck!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Props to you Jerimiah, thank you for your service.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Haven't seen anything via PM in a couple of weeks however, he was online the other day so I am assuming all is well or his better half (his wife) is checking his PM box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast