Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why???????

tad/er is offline Waterboy

why???????

man o man, where to begin. first of all.......the whole no caps-makes no sense!none! lets hear it---its the rules, its the rules-----boo hoo, cry all you want! its a stupid rule, just because something is a rule, doesnt make it right. i would hate to do something wrong that really mattered, unlike the stupid no caps rule. what is the reason for no caps? does anyone know, and dont just say its the rules-because anybody can make a rule! if there is a good reason behind it, then i see. but if its there just for the sake of being there, then that is dumb and maybe......................well i will finsish this sentence later on.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: why???????

Lets just say it's pretty common internet courtesy. It's annoying to other readers, and it's usually translated to shouting.

Secondly when you are told that it's the rule of the place you're currently at, and politely told not to do it. It's especially rude just to frown upon that advice.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Caps lock is extremely annoying and the rule is there to make you look less stupid.

Which of the following looks better?

Tarvaris jackson is a great quarterback. I especially like how he throws to the slot receiver across the middle of the field.

TARVARIS JACKSON IS A GREAT QUARTERBACK. I ESPECIALLY LIKE HOW HE THROWS TO THE SLOT RECEIVER ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

the second one makes you look like a four year old.

Using caps lock in a title (to me) makes it seem like you have an unimportant topic and are trying to attract attention to it since it truly is a bad topic. Is this true in all cases? No. Just don't use caps lock. It's a rule for a reason. If you don't want to follow the rules then you can choose to leave the site.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"tad/er" wrote:
    man o man, where to begin. first of all.......the whole no caps-makes no sense!none! lets hear it---its the rules, its the rules-----boo hoo, cry all you want! its a stupid rule, just because something is a rule, doesnt make it right. i would hate to do something wrong that really mattered, unlike the stupid no caps rule. what is the reason for no caps? does anyone know, and dont just say its the rules-because anybody can make a rule! if there is a good reason behind it, then i see. but if its there just for the sake of being there, then that is dumb and maybe......................well i will finsish this sentence later on.
    Here's another clue.
    Make sentences and paragraphs if you want to communicate effectively.
    Also, you are an asshat that stops by and has a post or two and you want to change a community that has been around for a decade?
    Use your fucking brains.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"tad/er" wrote:
    Obviously, you have spent time on the internet playing in kiddie pools, surrounded by the like-minded who, for some reason, have decided that spelling, grammar, punctuation and generally not-sounding like an ignorant fool are not in vogue.

This forum is for adults and those who can behave like adults (there are MANY young PPO-ers who make valuable contributions to the community) to share a common love of the Minnesota Vikings.

As with ANY private organization, PPO has the RIGHT to make its own rules.
    One of these rules is typing in ALL CAPS is considered to be rude in polite conversation.

If you can't deal with it, don't post here.
    Simple as that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"tad/er" wrote:
    Oh yeah, welcome to pp.o hell.
    I'm sure it's an upgrade compared to your usual pathetic existence.
    Be thankful that breathing is innate.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Well lets see........

Besides the obvious which you have apparently been told before that it is considered shouting, it is a rule, it is common courtesy.........there are some other reasons.

One is you will appear less like a retard. I mean that is important. Especially when you are a retard much like yourself. To be able to hit one key and hide the fact that you eat boogers and fling poo at your parents is amazingly simple and worth the effort.

Two well I dont have a #2 I just wanted to call you a retard.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I would just like to add that just because we don't allow all caps, doesn't mean you shouldn't use a capital letter when starting a sentence.
    Just at least use semi-proper english, it's not too much to ask.

You need to start paying more attention in English class.
    Otherwise you are going to look like a complete idiot when you get a real job someday.

Thanks.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"tad/er" wrote:
    Ok Mr. 11 post newbe capslock guy......maybe we should crown you the new Webby and we can all start using all capitals. You obviously have it all figured out. Webby is obviously like some kid on an ant hill with a magnifying glass.....he is out to make this site as unfun as possible and make as many unneccesary rules as he can think of (I think Acuphet is in with him). I think he just likes power.....he wants to be dicatator of pp.o!!! I am glad you came along and have shown us the light.

Snap back to reality buddy!!! He doesn't make unnecessary rules, like ppe said, caps looks bad and I am sure he has other reasons as well.

but if its there just for the sake of being there, then that is dumb and maybe......................well i will finsish this sentence later on.
    Maybe what? You will leave?!? OMG we can't have you leaving!! We would all perish with you gone!! Whatever you want to change we will change as long as you stay!!

Go to pp.o hell!!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Do you feel the heat?

This is what happens when you act like this:

When getting called on being a:

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast