Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Axel is offline Training Camp

Shortening "Quotes" for brevity.

When you "Quote" a respondent, you can pare down the wordage to your salient point.

That is, if you are so inclined to quote a comment from Axel in your reply, you use the "quote" button.
    But you can "delete" or "backspace" out any of his comments you find beside the point of the topic.

Please utilize this simple capability you have to make reading these forums less tedious.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Shortening "Quotes" for brevity.

"Axel" wrote:
    When you "Quote" a respondent, you can pare down the wordage to your salient point.

That is, if you are so inclined to quote a comment from Axel in your reply, you use the "quote" button.
    But you can "delete" or "backspace" out any of his comments you find beside the point of the topic.

Please utilize this simple capability you have to make reading these forums less tedious.
    I smell a BAN!

Axel is offline Training Camp

For example:

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    I smell a BAN!
    Nephilim doesn't get it.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I smell a ban!

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"Axel" wrote:
    [quote]
    For example:

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    BAN!
    Is this what you meant? ???

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"jaymz7" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    For example:

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    BAN!
    Is this what you meant? ??
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I smell a ban!
    "Axel" wrote:
    For example:

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    I smell a BAN!
    Nephilim doesn't get it.
    "Axel" wrote:
    For example:

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:
    I smell a BAN!
    Nephilim doesn't get it.
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "Axel" wrote:

I smell a BAN!
    "Axel" wrote:

No. I think this is what he meant.

Actually I hear you, Axel, I'm just being a jackass. There are some members who are very good about paring down their quotes, and others who intentionally insert ridiculously long ones. Whatever. If Webby thinks we need to pare down, I'm sure he'll make a point of it. Otherwise, it's like getting on people's cases about punctutation (which I've done, but again, who cares?).

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Axel" wrote:

PP.O hell smells like cat piss.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Axel" wrote:

That is, if [size=12pt]you are[/size] so inclined to quote [size=12pt]a[/size] comme[size=12pt]n[/size]t from Axel [size=12pt]i[/size]n your reply, you use the "quote" button.
    But you can "[size=12pt]d[/size]elete" or "backspace" out any of h[size=12pt]i[/size]s c[size=12pt]o[/size]mmen[size=12pt]t[/size]s you find beside the point of the topic.

If you want, you can limit your response to highlighting the salient letters too.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Axel" wrote:

Sure. Everyone should be fair in quoting other members. Is there any other thing of this thread that I don't understand.

Why do you feel that you have been treated unfairly?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Axel" wrote:
    When I Quote" a respondent, I can't pare down the wordage to my salient point.

That is, if I am so inclined to quote a comment from myself in my own reply, I use the "quote" button.
    But I can "delete" or "backspace" out any of my comments I find beside the point of the topic.

Please utilize this simple capability.
    Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast