Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: OVERRATED!!!!!!

  1. #31
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    I hate when people say underated to a player that has bad or average stats and then sais that the opposing teams players which has better stats are overrated not to diss anyone on this site but alotta people on this site do that!


    Examples: The Vikings linebackers are better than the Packers? Not from what i last checked. Supposively henderson is eqaul to barnett
    ??? Yea not really and then how our cornerbacks are the most overrated tandem in the leuge ??? Yea well Vikes corners helped them to a one sided defensive failure so yea. Anyway also our receivers.........oh it pisses me off.........LOOK our recivers get out in the open alone! they cant get help from favre when they beat a corner for a deep TD so stop using brett as an excuse......also RG isnt any where near AD? Look AD may be better but maybe not for very long. RG had the most stats for the last half of the season.So yea now look im not meaning to diss any vikings fans or anyone on this site but gol 'darnit! Vikings wear purple glasses all the time...........If AD is so gol 'darnit good why didnt you guys beat us last year? Because of favre? That is the most acidine statment i have ever heard! Look we have practically the same team from last year except more motivation and confidence. A-rod wont choke he just wont its simple i know how he is he has composure so stop blaming a whole 35-0 shutouton a single player!



    Look im sorry about that no offence intended to anyone and im not saying the packers will win no matter what im just saying stop being cocky!

    Stats can certainly get a indidvidual in a bind, its not always the best measuring stick but the numbers do tell a story.

    EJ Henderson is better then Nick Barnett I've seen my share of both guys and while they are both good EJ is becoming a better all-around player. Last year was certainly a Pro Bowl season and I like the way EJ hits, he's arguably the stongest player at his position and proabably the most physical and thats what MLB is all about. Barntett's a fast LB and a sound tackler but certainly not the presence of EJ.

    There may be some that believe they are overated but I like the Packers corners. The Vikings corners are probably the most physical tandem in the NFL. With pass rush our CB's can finally get some help on the coverage end.

    I also like the Packers WR's but to pretend that Favre didn't have a big impact within there overall play would be considered "blinders". Brett Favre puts the football in places many don't and the WR's certainly took advantage of it. Rodgers will enjoy a QB friendly system where he's able to get rid of ball quickly and vice versa with Tarvaris.

    Also consider that AP has been doing amazing things since high school, nobody knew who RG was before last year. Not to mention he barely played a few games but it was good time to be in. He also capitilized off of the moment with a contract extention.

    AD is only one man amongst our team, and if we can't Run Block for him he will go nowhere so in essence theres the answer to why Peterson cannott win a game alone.

    I'm sure your guys are greatly confident, so far its been musical chairs on the Oline and everyone saw Al Harris in favor of the QB you just traded.

    Aron Rodgers has a good chance to be a good QB especailly in GB where you guys have some weapons. He's also had plenty of time and preperation only game speed experience is needed. In essence Aron Rodgers will not wager the game one way or that other, rather a team effort and who wins the battle in the trenches will determine the results.

    No pun intended I just think that Jared Allen's Swagger could be rubbing off on some of the fans and there's reason for it.

  2. #32
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    I'm not completely sold that it was GB that beat us 34-0, than it was Childress and Bevell.

    Fire Childress.

    Also, Nodak... don't write off Grant so quickly. I think he'll turn out to be a pretty damn good RB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #33
    hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    325

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    I shouldn't respond but I just can't resist.
    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Examples: The Vikings linebackers are better than the Packers? Not from what i last checked. Supposively henderson is eqaul to barnett
    ??? Yea not really
    I would argue that Henderson is every bit as good as Barnett. Their stats were very similar last year considering EJ had to blitz damn near every play due to our poor pass rush.

    and then how our cornerbacks are the most overrated tandem in the leuge ???
    Your corners are actually quite solid. I wouldn't say they are the best of the best but they're solid.

    Yea well Vikes corners helped them to a one sided defensive failure so yea.
    No, our DE's were the reason we were so lopsided, and the fact that we were best against the run, it forced teams to throw against us more than most other teams.

    Anyway also our receivers.........oh it pisses me off.........LOOK our recivers get out in the open alone! they cant get help from favre when they beat a corner for a deep TD so stop using brett as an excuse......
    You're receivers are solid but they aren't going to be as good as they were last season. Favre knows how to keep a play alive and give receivers time to get open, you aren't going to get that with Rodgers.

    also RG isnt any where near AD? Look AD may be better but maybe not for very long. RG had the most stats for the last half of the season.
    Grant doesn't even compare to AD. AD was facing 8 and 9 men in the box for half the season and still managed to be the #1 rusher in the NFC. Favre made Grant look better than he was, defenses couldn't stack the box when Favre was behind center cause he would pick them apart. Grant is a decent RB but he doesn't even come close to touching AD.


    So yea now look im not meaning to diss any vikings fans or anyone on this site but gol 'darnit! Vikings wear purple glasses all the time...........
    Seems to me like you're the one with yellow and green glasses on.

    If AD is so gol 'darnit good why didnt you guys beat us last year?
    Because it takes more than 1 person to win a football game.

    Because of favre? That is the most acidine statment i have ever heard!
    No that loss was nothing but our own fault. You can't blame the other team for beating you.

    Look we have practically the same team from last year except more motivation and confidence. A-rod wont choke he just wont its simple i know how he is he has composure
    Right, I guarantee that if you asked each player if they want favre or rodgers they would choose favre in a heartbeat. Rodgers hasn't started a single game in his NFL career, how do you have any idea if he has "composure" or not. Preseason games are not an indication of the regular season.

    so stop blaming a whole 35-0 shutouton a single player!
    Why don't you go refer to what you said just a few sentences before this then. "If AD is so gol 'darnit good why didnt you guys beat us last year?" That seems to me like you're saying that its all AD's fault for our loss. And yet we can't say that Favre was a reason we lost

  4. #34
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "C" wrote:
    I'm not completely sold that it was GB that beat us 34-0, than it was Childress and Bevell.

    Fire Childress.

    Also, Nodak... don't write off Grant so quickly. I think he'll turn out to be a pretty gol 'darnit good RB.
    Possibly.
    But I honestly think he overachieved last year.
    This year will be more telling of the kind of RB he will become...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #35
    Ihatevikings is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "hav0x" wrote:
    I shouldn't respond but I just can't resist.
    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Examples: The Vikings linebackers are better than the Packers? Not from what i last checked. Supposively henderson is eqaul to barnett
    ??? Yea not really
    I would argue that Henderson is every bit as good as Barnett. Their stats were very similar last year considering EJ had to blitz gol 'darnit near every play due to our poor pass rush.

    and then how our cornerbacks are the most overrated tandem in the leuge ???
    Your corners are actually quite solid. I wouldn't say they are the best of the best but they're solid.

    Yea well Vikes corners helped them to a one sided defensive failure so yea.
    No, our DE's were the reason we were so lopsided, and the fact that we were best against the run, it forced teams to throw against us more than most other teams.

    Anyway also our receivers.........oh it pisses me off.........LOOK our recivers get out in the open alone! they cant get help from favre when they beat a corner for a deep TD so stop using brett as an excuse......
    You're receivers are solid but they aren't going to be as good as they were last season. Favre knows how to keep a play alive and give receivers time to get open, you aren't going to get that with Rodgers.

    also RG isnt any where near AD? Look AD may be better but maybe not for very long. RG had the most stats for the last half of the season.
    Grant doesn't even compare to AD. AD was facing 8 and 9 men in the box for half the season and still managed to be the #1 rusher in the NFC. Favre made Grant look better than he was, defenses couldn't stack the box when Favre was behind center cause he would pick them apart. Grant is a decent RB but he doesn't even come close to touching AD.


    So yea now look im not meaning to diss any vikings fans or anyone on this site but gol 'darnit! Vikings wear purple glasses all the time...........
    Seems to me like you're the one with yellow and green glasses on.

    If AD is so gol 'darnit good why didnt you guys beat us last year?
    Because it takes more than 1 person to win a football game.

    Because of favre? That is the most acidine statment i have ever heard!
    No that loss was nothing but our own fault. You can't blame the other team for beating you.

    Look we have practically the same team from last year except more motivation and confidence. A-rod wont choke he just wont its simple i know how he is he has composure
    Right, I guarantee that if you asked each player if they want favre or rodgers they would choose favre in a heartbeat. Rodgers hasn't started a single game in his NFL career, how do you have any idea if he has "composure" or not. Preseason games are not an indication of the regular season.

    so stop blaming a whole 35-0 shutouton a single player!
    Why don't you go refer to what you said just a few sentences before this then. "If AD is so gol 'darnit good why didnt you guys beat us last year?" That seems to me like you're saying that its all AD's fault for our loss. And yet we can't say that Favre was a reason we lost



    Not at all am i blaming that loss on AD but it seems that when we talk about future games everyopne sais we have AD though so we will win. And then in past games the exscuse is simply oh well now you guys dont have Favre! so thats all i really meant.

  6. #36
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:





    Not at all am i blaming that loss on AD but it seems that when we talk about future games everyopne sais we have AD though so we will win. And then in past games the exscuse is simply oh well now you guys dont have Favre! so thats all i really meant.
    I sugest taking it up with whomever might have posted that instead of posting a rant generalizing the community.

  7. #37
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Jesus christ talking to vikings fans is hard as hell not all of you but its ppl like nordak that piss me the fuck off
    Why?

    Is it because your infantile packer brain can't understand the logic and reason Nodak(not nordak) posts with?

    Or is it the delivery you struggle with, you see, not everything we read around here on PP.O was written by someone whose education stopped at the 2nd grade.


    Your opening post was utterly absurd, so I'm not going to warrant it with a response. However, when you say something bad about a good poster who actually gave you a legitimate response, which may have been punctuated with a little quip about your age(or intelligence, either way, they don't match up), I'm going to defend it.

    You are a ridiculous ass with one of the most bias opinions I have ever seen in my entire life.

    Arguing with you is like shoveling the ocean. Please go away.

  8. #38
    Ihatevikings is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Holy Bones! talking to vikings fans is hard as hell not all of you but its ppl like nordak that piss me the floop off
    Why?

    Is it because your infantile packer brain can't understand the logic and reason Nodak(not nordak) posts with?

    Or is it the delivery you struggle with, you see, not everything we read around here on PP.O was written by someone whose education stopped at the 2nd grade.


    Your opening post was utterly absurd, so I'm not going to warrant it with a response. However, when you say something bad about a good poster who actually gave you a legitimate response, which may have been punctuated with a little quip about your age(or intelligence, either way, they don't match up), I'm going to defend it.

    You are a ridiculous jiggly butt with one of the most bias opinions I have ever seen in my entire life.

    Arguing with you is like shoveling the ocean. Please go away.

    Why? anderson? what did i say offensive in my original post i only flipped when nodak typed shit to me and im not even really mad anymore

  9. #39
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    Oh!!!
    This'll be fun!

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    I hate when people say underated to a player that has bad or average stats and then sais that the opposing teams players which has better stats are overrated not to diss anyone on this site but alotta people on this site do that!
    That's a REALLY long winded sentence.
    And it doesn't make any sense.


    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Examples: The Vikings linebackers are better than the Packers? Not from what i last checked. Supposively henderson is eqaul to barnett
    ??? Yea not really
    Let's look at the stats, shall we?
    EJ Henderson has a total of 427 tackles, 315 were solo and 112 assisted. He also has 9.5 sacks and 0 safeties.
    Nick Barnett has 609 tackles, 433 solo, and 176 assisted tackles.
    11.5 sacks and he, too, has no safeties.

    Pretty close, I'd say, seeing as both have been in the league for the same amount of time.
    Only Barnett started his rookie season, and EJ came in sparingly (probably mostly for special teams).

    And we aren't even looking at the other two LB positions.
    AJ Hawk and Chad Greenway have almost mirrored stats.. I'd say they are about the same.
    Poppinga's last 2 years stat totals are as follows, 110 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 interceptions.
    Leber's is 113 tackles, 8 sacks and 2 interceptions.
    I give Leber the nod there.

    Looks to me like they are pretty even matched.
    Only the Vikings LBs are playing behind arguably the best D-line.
    The Pack?
    Not so much.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    and then how our cornerbacks are the most overrated tandem in the leuge ??? Yea well Vikes corners helped them to a one sided defensive failure so yea.
    I wouldn't say Harris and Woodson are the most overrated tandem in the league (yup, it's spelled that way), but I will say that they are both VERY talented.
    And, at times, are VERY overrated.
    I'm not a huge fan of the Vikings corners, but never have I seen someone say they were underrated.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Anyway also our receivers.........oh it pisses me off.........LOOK our recivers get out in the open alone! they cant get help from favre when they beat a corner for a deep TD so stop using brett as an excuse......
    Your receivers get open JUST long enough for Favre to hit them.
    It was just as much Favre as it was the WR, maybe even MORE Favre.
    Brett is NOT en excuse, he is a REASON.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    also RG isnt any where near AD? Look AD may be better but maybe not for very long. RG had the most stats for the last half of the season.
    Grant has nothing on Adrian.
    Grant NEVER faced 8-9 man fronts regularly.
    AP never had a first year Hall of Famer QBing handing the rock off to him.
    Look, Grant had a good end of the year.
    But I'm calling it now, a mirage.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    So yea now look im not meaning to diss any vikings fans or anyone on this site but damn! Vikings wear purple glasses all the time...........
    Purple glasses?
    And you're not wearing Green shades?

    :

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    If AD is so damn good why didnt you guys beat us last year? Because of favre? That is the most acidine statment i have ever heard!
    It takes more than one great RB to beat a team.
    AD can't put pressure or sack Favre.
    AD can't cover Jennings or Driver.
    This quote of yours is the most 'acidine'* statement I have seen.

    [size=4pt]*I have no clue what acidine means.[/size]

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Look we have practically the same team from last year except more motivation and confidence.
    Uh.
    No.
    No you don't.
    Take away a Hall of Famer QB, and you have a COMPLETELY different team.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    A-rod wont choke he just wont its simple i know how he is he has composure so stop blaming a whole 35-0 shutouton a single player!
    Nice.
    Way to put some fact into this sentence.

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Look im sorry about that no offence intended to anyone and im not saying the packers will win no matter what im just saying stop being cocky!
    Look, I'm sorry about this.
    No offense was intended to you.
    Also, I'm not saying that the Vikings will win, either.
    It's not cockiness, it's optimism.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  10. #40
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: OVERRATED!!!!!!

    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Ihatevikings" wrote:
    Holy Bones! talking to vikings fans is hard as hell not all of you but its ppl like nordak that piss me the floop off
    Why?

    Is it because your infantile packer brain can't understand the logic and reason Nodak(not nordak) posts with?

    Or is it the delivery you struggle with, you see, not everything we read around here on PP.O was written by someone whose education stopped at the 2nd grade.


    Your opening post was utterly absurd, so I'm not going to warrant it with a response. However, when you say something bad about a good poster who actually gave you a legitimate response, which may have been punctuated with a little quip about your age(or intelligence, either way, they don't match up), I'm going to defend it.

    You are a ridiculous jiggly butt with one of the most bias opinions I have ever seen in my entire life.

    Arguing with you is like shoveling the ocean. Please go away.

    Why? anderson? what did i say offensive in my original post i only flipped when nodak typed shit to me and im not even really mad anymore
    Really, you need to ask why?

    I didn't explain myself clearly enough?


    I just spent two and a half hours waiting for, or on a bus. I'm in no mood to deal with trolls.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Things That Are Overrated
    By jkjuggalo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
  2. Is Peterson overrated?
    By Eyedea in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:38 PM
  3. overrated grossman at it again
    By TARKenton in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
  4. Bears "D" overrated?
    By LuckyVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 03:10 AM
  5. Bucs D overrated?
    By akvikefan89 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •