Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    I hate how Christians are often too ignorant to know that December 25th and the Christmas Tree are completely fabricated from Pagan rituals that Xtians would call "satanic." Nothing about Xmas has anything to do with Christianity. In fact, the entire story of Jebuz's virgin birth is taken from a number of other religions and mythology.
    Sorry 'bout the religious talk, but that's why I can't take the holiday seriously.

  2. #22
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    This thread is for all of the Scrooges, Grinches, and cantankerous grouches. Hate Christmas? Join the club, and put down your reasons here.

    Try to avoid jingoism such as, "I
    hate Christmas because of the commercialism." A better response would be, "I hate Chrismas because my kid turns into Satan's spawn on Christmas morning if I don't go to fisticuffs to get that last furby or tickle-me Elmo or whatever fuckoff toy all the kids want this year."

    So, I'll get it started:

    I hate Christmas because every year I ask for the same thing for Christmas: World Peace. Know what I get? Socks. Fucking socks. Granted, some of them have been really nice argyle socks, but that still hardly compares to a planet free from war, death, or violence. What a bunch of horseshit!

    Christmas is nutsacks.

    Perhaps if you were to give those socks to a needy child in a 3rd-world war torn country that has no socks, you could be helping to spread peace.

    Bitching & complaining about the socks or other gifts one receives just spreads to anger & hate & a lot of anger & hate by a lot of people eventually leads to wars.

    Perhaps if people would quit bitching about what they got or didn't get for Christmas & take the time to be grateful they even recieved something, appreciate what the gift represents from the gift giver, then take another minute or two to ponder about all the people who have nothing & don't get anything & another minute or two about what the gift of life means & how precious life itself is, the world would be a happier place, wars might cease & peace prevail.


    "If you're not part of the cure, you're part of the problem"

    "I felt sad that I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet"

    [sigh...]

    I am immensely grateful for what I've been given in this life. It's certainly more than I deserve. There are also many things I love about the Christmas season: the happiness and wonder exuded by children, the outpourings of good will, the spiked eggnog...

    ...but you know what happens when you overanalyze a punchline?





    Right.

    No more jokes about Christmas. Apparently I'm the only one who thinks they're funny. Lesson learned.

  3. #23
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    "The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    This thread is for all of the Scrooges, Grinches, and cantankerous grouches. Hate Christmas? Join the club, and put down your reasons here.

    Try to avoid jingoism such as, "I
    hate Christmas because of the commercialism." A better response would be, "I hate Chrismas because my kid turns into Satan's spawn on Christmas morning if I don't go to fisticuffs to get that last furby or tickle-me Elmo or whatever fuckoff toy all the kids want this year."

    So, I'll get it started:

    I hate Christmas because every year I ask for the same thing for Christmas: World Peace. Know what I get? Socks. fricken socks. Granted, some of them have been really nice argyle socks, but that still hardly compares to a planet free from war, death, or violence. What a bunch of poopy!

    Christmas is nutsacks.

    Perhaps if you were to give those socks to a needy child in a 3rd-world war torn country that has no socks, you could be helping to spread peace.

    Bitching & complaining about the socks or other gifts one receives just spreads to anger & hate & a lot of anger & hate by a lot of people eventually leads to wars.

    Perhaps if people would quit bitching about what they got or didn't get for Christmas & take the time to be grateful they even recieved something, appreciate what the gift represents from the gift giver, then take another minute or two to ponder about all the people who have nothing & don't get anything & another minute or two about what the gift of life means & how precious life itself is, the world would be a happier place, wars might cease & peace prevail.


    "If you're not part of the cure, you're part of the problem"

    "I felt sad that I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet"

    [sigh...]

    I am immensely grateful for what I've been given in this life. It's certainly more than I deserve. There are also many things I love about the Christmas season: the happiness and wonder exuded by children, the outpourings of good will, the spiked eggnog...

    ...but you know what happens when you overanalyze a punchline?





    Right.

    No more jokes about Christmas. Apparently I'm the only one who thinks they're funny. Lesson learned.
    How dare you make a joke about Christmas or world peace.
    This is exactly why there are starving children overseas.
    People like you make me sick.
    ;D

    People should ease up.

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    What did you expect, you posted this in the forum where we banish members and ridiculous threads.

    PP.O Hell
    Short term banishment for the slack jawed and rule breakers. Bat the banished around until they redeem themselves!

    You banished yourself.
    LOL!
    ;D

  5. #25
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    Hey Ultra how did your computer end up?

  6. #26
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    "Schutz" wrote:
    Hey Ultra how did your computer end up?
    It's ok now.
    No sound though.

    :-

  7. #27
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    What did you expect, you posted this in the forum where we banish members and ridiculous threads.

    PP.O Hell
    Short term banishment for the slack jawed and rule breakers. Bat the banished around until they redeem themselves!

    You banished yourself.
    LOL!
    ;D
    That was kind of part of the joke, yeah? And here I thought the use of the word "nutsacks" might be too much of a giveaway.


    Well, at least my mom thinks I'm funny.

  8. #28
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I hate how Christians are often too ignorant to know that December 25th and the Christmas Tree are completely fabricated from Pagan rituals that Xtians would call "satanic." Nothing about Xmas has anything to do with Christianity. In fact, the entire story of Jebuz's virgin birth is taken from a number of other religions and mythology.
    Sorry 'bout the religious talk, but that's why I can't take the holiday seriously.
    I don't think you'll find any learned Christian who believes that December 25th is the actual date of Christmas. The Biblical line, "The shepherds were out in the fields by night..." blows that theory all to heck. Shepherds aren't in the fields in December. Most likely it was early Spring when lambing season was going on. The latest figure I heard was April 15th. I don't know if that was "tongue-in-cheek" humor or not. And likewise the year was not 0. Most scholars now believe it was anywhere from 4-6 BC. So any "Christian" who believes that Christmas is actually December 25th, Year 0 are not up on their Bible history. The date of December 25th was picked to match up with a pagan festival so that all people could celebrate at the same time. So you are partially correct in your first statement.
    Now, concerning your other statement saying,
    Nothing about Xmas has anything to do with Christianity.
    I fear you are sadly misinformed. I suppose you heard this from some friend who heard it from some friend. I would like to see your statements backed up with FACTS. I can't prove the Bible to you but you, apparently, believe you can prove your assertions. But you see the "hole" in your argument is that by saying,
    the entire story of Jebuz's virgin birth is taken from a number of other religions and mythology.
    then they must have known about this at the time (somewhere around 500 AD) when they set the supposed "false" date for Christmas. So
    why set the for Christmas at all if everyone knew it was a sham? According to your logic the Bible was written long after these "other" religions and mythology but before the date was set for Christmas. That makes no sense at all.
    And lastly you make this statement:
    Christians are often too ignorant.
    I think you should be given a "green dot" for insulting myself and others by calling us "ignorant."
    I can see the key in the lock and it's starting to turn!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  9. #29
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    I wouldn't say that I hate Christmas. But it does tire me at times.

    What really gets me is all the rush for the presents. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind giving other people presents, but it is so ridiculous to have to buy presents for a certain amount of people for a certain amount of money, so everything is evened out for everyone. I myself don't care to even get presents at Christmas, but if I go out and say so, everyone will call me an idiot who are trying to destroy the joy of Christmas for all.

    If we could just cut the whole commotion down to a few days around 23th-26th December or so, I'd be satisfied with seeing the family, relaxing in an enjoyable surrounding, and eat some good traditional food.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #30
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: OFFICIAL Christmas is nutsacks thread.

    I hate receiving the long generic form letters about people's lives that I don't care about.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 09:22 AM
  3. The Official Christmas Carol Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 10:55 PM
  4. OFFICIAL VIKINGS CHRISTMAS GAME TAILGATE THREAD!!!
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 08:16 AM
  5. The Official Merry Christmas thread...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •