Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 143

Thread: lets face it

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    84

    Re: lets face it

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "WINchester" wrote:
    First i wanted the team to move up and draft Calvin Johnson, then i wanted to trade down for 2 early round picks but
    now I say stay at 7 draft laRon Landry,
    at
    41 - Rice, Meachum, jarret, or Jason HIll depending on whos left,
    at 72 a DE - Tim Crowder,
    at 102 - OL - Josh Beekman or Ryan harris,
    and in FA:
    grab a Nick Harper,
    a Cato June if he isnt too expensive,
    and some help on the offensive line,
    I know i will get slack for this one but if he comes really cheap a Drew Bledsoe to be a BACKUP just in case our great hope T-jackson doesnt fulfill our wishes we need an experienced quarterback in there to take his place

    Thats not spending too much in Free Agency and its taking picks in the draft according to the posistions we need and that can help us right away
    Whew,

    Here is what I would do.

    at 7 draft laRon Landry.
    To high for him. Take one of the two DE Adams/Anderson as one will be available.
    We can fix all of our secondary problems with a pass rush.
    Maybe a DB in the later rounds.
    at
    41 - Rice, Meachum, jarret, or Jason HIll.

    I agree here on WR, Rice might be left, but think it will be Johnnie Lee Higgins.
    at 72 a DE - Tim Crowder Not bad, however, because I took a DE with the first pick I would take another WR here.
    Possesion type guy say Matt Trannon TE/WR 6'6 235 Michigan St.
    Could be a TE or WR.
    at 102 - OL - Josh Beekman or Ryan harris, YUP.
    Can't agree with both of these but OG is a good value pick here.
    Would also like to see maybe a vet in FA but not much out there.
    and in FA:
    a Cato June if he isnt too expensive.
    To small, converted safety, more of a 3-4 guy.

    Just a couple of thoughts/ideas for ya.



    Thanks for the feedback

    but about the Landry thing i think its too high also, but a lot of mock drafts have either the texans draftring him at 8 or the Falcons drafting him at 10 so we can try to trade down to 9 (dolphins) and hope the texans dont draft him and maybe get a third or fourth round draft pick out of it also

  2. #42
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: lets face it

    The true point is, however, that whining and bitching and complaining isn't going to help anyone.
    There's a reason that fans are called "boosters" and "supporters" and not "whiners" or "bitchers".


    I don't care what anybody says, seriously, that is the quote of the month.

    Marty
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #43
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: lets face it

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The true point is, however, that whining and bitching and complaining isn't going to help anyone.
    There's a reason that fans are called "boosters" and "supporters" and not "whiners" or "bitchers".



    I don't care what anybody says, seriously, that is the quote of the month.

    Marty
    Well - thank YOU very much!

    =Z=
    (I wrote that, you know)

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #44
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: lets face it

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The true point is, however, that whining and bitching and complaining isn't going to help anyone.
    There's a reason that fans are called "boosters" and "supporters" and not "whiners" or "bitchers".



    I don't care what anybody says, seriously, that is the quote of the month.

    Marty
    Well - thank YOU very much!

    =Z=
    (I wrote that, you know)
    You crack me up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #45
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: lets face it

    Question for Del Rio -
    Earlier in this post you said the vikings have 40 plus talented people?????
    Are you conting the ticket sales personnel when you say that? Because there is NO WAY you can be referring to this football team as having 40 plus talented players.
    The fact is: this organization is in the crapper, it has no leadership, the brain trust in the front office CANT EVALUATE TALENT and as far as the head coach is concerned, until he learns that completeing a 2 yard pass when you are 3rd and 7 is NOT a "kick ass" offense, mediocracy will be the level of play we can expect for years to come.
    AND THAT IS A REALITY CHECK!!!!!

  6. #46
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: lets face it

    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Question for Del Rio -
    Earlier in this post you said the vikings have 40 plus talented people?????
    Are you conting the ticket sales personnel when you say that? Because there is NO WAY you can be referring to this football team as having 40 plus talented players.
    The fact is: this organization is in the crapper, it has no leadership, the brain trust in the front office CANT EVALUATE TALENT and as far as the head coach is concerned, until he learns that completeing a 2 yard pass when you are 3rd and 7 is NOT a "kick jiggly butt" offense, mediocracy will be the level of play we can expect for years to come.
    AND THAT IS A REALITY CHECK!!!!!


    I think this might be a newb callin' del out.

    ...this should be interesting...

    8)
    -Sno

  7. #47
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: lets face it

    Yes I am a newby to the site.
    I wanted to go online to see what the fans were saying about the free angency moves or lack there of but to read some of the flowerey comments being posted here it appears that some of the people on this site simply are not being honest in their evaluation of the team.
    I think the teams performance and their personnel decisions so far in free agency support my comments.


  8. #48
    tclawmen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    194

    Re: lets face it

    One more comment and I will back off but here goes:
    REALITY: the vikes just signed their new
    tight end to a 6 year deal worth 18 million.
    Thats for a back up who caught 38 passes in 4 years, I understand he was not a starter because he was backing up one of the premire tight ends in the nfl but he was still a back up.

    IN THE MEANTIME:

    REALITY: R.
    McMichael (who is a starter and a premire t/e)
    just signed a 3 year deal for 9 million.

    Now be honest: which t/e do you think has the better chance of helping a struggling offense? HMMMMMMM?


  9. #49
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: lets face it

    "tclawmen" wrote:
    One more comment and I will back off but here goes:
    REALITY: the vikes just signed their new
    tight end to a 6 year deal worth 18 million.
    Thats for a back up who caught 38 passes in 4 years, I understand he was not a starter because he was backing up one of the premire tight ends in the nfl but he was still a back up.


    IN THE MEANTIME:

    REALITY: R.
    McMichael (who is a starter and a premire t/e)
    just signed a 3 year deal for 9 million.

    Now be honest: which t/e do you think has the better chance of helping a struggling offense? HMMMMMMM?

    REALITY:
    The Shiancoe contract calls for $18 million over 5 years (not SIX), of which only $7 million is guaranteed.

    REALITY:
    The McMichael contract calls for $11 million over 3 years, ALL of which is guaranteed.

    Now that I have corrected your factual errors, please proceed with your rant.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #50
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: lets face it

    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Question for Del Rio -
    Earlier in this post you said the vikings have 40 plus talented people?????
    Are you conting the ticket sales personnel when you say that? Because there is NO WAY you can be referring to this football team as having 40 plus talented players.
    The fact is: this organization is in the crapper, it has no leadership, the brain trust in the front office CANT EVALUATE TALENT and as far as the head coach is concerned, until he learns that completeing a 2 yard pass when you are 3rd and 7 is NOT a "kick ass" offense, mediocracy will be the level of play we can expect for years to come.
    AND THAT IS A REALITY CHECK!!!!!

    You carry a roster of 50+ people on a professional football team.

    Now I do not know where you come from, or what you are about, but where I come from if you play football in the NFL you are talented end of story. Which I stated in my very next post or soon thereafter.

    The point of the post (as stated) was to say that if you are going to be stupid enough to say that we are doomed because of our FA signings when our team was in damn near every game we played last year then don't bother, and if you do please for the love of god do not try to pass it off as reality.

    Now as for your reality check I'm going to take the safe money bet and go ahead and say I will be better off filing your opinions in the shit can and stick by my guns. You want to claim the organization is in the crapper? That we have no leadership? That our team can't evaluate talent? AFTER ONE YEAR? Drama Queen? I think so.

    TALENT often takes more then a year to develop. You have Greenway out, T. Williams out, your QB pusses out before the season, your WR is a drunk...... you're installing a new offense that is far and away from anything the majority of these players are used to playing........

    Please keep your boo hooing and drama queen bullshit away from me in regards to telling me what reality is. That may be your reality, but it also sounds like the reality of someone who has plastic sheets and KANDOO ass wipes on the bathroom counter.

    All you guys make it sound like Childress can go down to player mart and pick out the very best of the best players. He needs to get the best players for his system and yes it will take more then one season. Someone crying about Shiancoe sounds similar to the same people crying about Leber...... I'll take the word of people involved in football over someone watching ESPN anyday.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
  2. MOVED: lets face it
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
  3. Lets All Get Together!!!
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
  4. Lets Face It where not getting Calvin Johnson
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Lets Get It On, Again!!
    By brettfavreisgod in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •