Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: lets face it

  1. #21
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: lets face it

    listen positive ones you can list all the players in the world, but we were still 6-10.
    not pessimisticly 6-10, realistically 6-10.
    so the fact that we are basically the same team outside of getting some draft picks back from injuries that pretty much still makes them rookies, make for a somewhat glib situation.
    am i writing off the season?
    no, shit happens.
    but the coaching was not great last year and like i said in my statement we have not addressed the problems we had last year as of yet and an already thin free agent class is pretty much stripped of impact talent now.
    so we pretty much have to have a great draft and hope it all comes together.
    but that's alot to hope for guys when you look around the league.
    san fran beat us 9-3 right and maybe they ridiculously overpaid for some free agents, they still improved a team that was better than us last year.
    is that realistic?
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    listen positive ones you can list all the players in the world, but we were still 6-10.
    not pessimisticly 6-10, realistically 6-10.
    so the fact that we are basically the same team outside of getting some draft picks back from injuries that pretty much still makes them rookies, make for a somewhat glib situation.
    am i writing off the season?
    no, pooh happens.
    but the coaching was not great last year and like i said in my statement we have not addressed the problems we had last year as of yet and an already thin free agent class is pretty much stripped of impact talent now.
    so we pretty much have to have a great draft and hope it all comes together.
    but that's alot to hope for guys when you look around the league.
    san fran beat us 9-3 right and maybe they ridiculously overpaid for some free agents, they still improved a team that was better than us last year.
    is that realistic?
    Yes, we were 6-10.
    Now we are 0-0 ;D.

    You say that you are not writing off next year, yet in your original post you say "we are gonna stink".
    Sounds like you have pretty much made up your mind already.
    Why even play the season? lol.

    I will agree when you said that we should start looking forward to 2-3 years from now.
    If Childress's plan works the way he believes it will, that should be right around the time we make a superbowl run.

    You act like the only way to change the roster is through FA.
    It's not.
    Draft and trades also make up a large portion of it.
    This year's FA was pretty much worthless for us because there were few players that fit in with what Childress is trying to do.
    Changing your overall strategy for building a team just because of one thin FA doesn't make sense.

    Do I think we are making a superbowl run next year. Of course I do. ;D.
    But even I take the purple sunglasses off sometimes, and I realistically expect us to be in the 9-7 range.
    Each year I expect to improve a little bit until we have forged a new dynasty in the NFC.

    I truly believe we are on the verge.
    Childress learned a lot in his rookie year.
    Our players learned a lot in the new system.
    It isn't going to take much to transform our record.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    listen positive ones you can list all the players in the world, but we were still 6-10.

    not pessimisticly 6-10, realistically 6-10.

    so the fact that we are basically the same team outside of getting some draft picks back from injuries that pretty much still makes them rookies, make for a somewhat glib situation.

    am i writing off the season?
    no, shit happens.

    but the coaching was not great last year and like i said in my statement we have not addressed the problems we had last year as of yet and an already thin free agent class is pretty much stripped of impact talent now.

    so we pretty much have to have a great draft and hope it all comes together.

    but that's alot to hope for guys when you look around the league.

    san fran beat us 9-3 right and maybe they ridiculously overpaid for some free agents, they still improved a team that was better than us last year.

    is that realistic?
    If you were talking about replacing a whole team then yes. When we lose the majority of our games by less then 10 points no it's not realistic. What that means is we could very well have been one play away from winning. SO is it realistic to think a few new faces can make the diff yes it is.

    We were in every game with the exception of 2. We were in the redzone endless times where penalties killed us many by artis hicks.

    So is it realistic to think Ryan Cook can use his year of exp and fill that void? Yes it is.

    This doomsday bullshit has no place in the realm of reality.

    Our first year coach who had no experience calling plays now has a year of experience. A year of dissapointment but we were in the games, we were competing and had many opportunities to win. What killed us was mistakes. Mistakes that can be cured with experience and confidence. Something this team will have more of this year.

    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    listen positive ones you can list all the players in the world, but we were still 6-10.

    not pessimisticly 6-10, realistically 6-10.

    so the fact that we are basically the same team outside of getting some draft picks back from injuries that pretty much still makes them rookies, make for a somewhat glib situation.

    am i writing off the season?
    no, shit happens.

    but the coaching was not great last year and like i said in my statement we have not addressed the problems we had last year as of yet and an already thin free agent class is pretty much stripped of impact talent now.

    so we pretty much have to have a great draft and hope it all comes together.

    but that's alot to hope for guys when you look around the league.

    san fran beat us 9-3 right and maybe they ridiculously overpaid for some free agents, they still improved a team that was better than us last year.

    is that realistic?
    You're judging the 2007 team based on the 2006 roster and coaching staff.

    Things have changed.

    The true point is, however, that whining and bitching and complaining isn't going to help anyone.
    There's a reason that fans are called "boosters" and "supporters" and not "whiners" or "bitchers".

    =Z=

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: lets face it

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    listen positive ones you can list all the players in the world, but we were still 6-10.

    not pessimisticly 6-10, realistically 6-10.

    so the fact that we are basically the same team outside of getting some draft picks back from injuries that pretty much still makes them rookies, make for a somewhat glib situation.

    am i writing off the season?
    no, pooh happens.

    but the coaching was not great last year and like i said in my statement we have not addressed the problems we had last year as of yet and an already thin free agent class is pretty much stripped of impact talent now.

    so we pretty much have to have a great draft and hope it all comes together.

    but that's alot to hope for guys when you look around the league.

    san fran beat us 9-3 right and maybe they ridiculously overpaid for some free agents, they still improved a team that was better than us last year.

    is that realistic?
    Yes, we were 6-10.
    Now we are 0-0 ;D.

    You say that you are not writing off next year, yet in your original post you say "we are gonna stink".
    Sounds like you have pretty much made up your mind already.
    Why even play the season? lol.

    I will agree when you said that we should start looking forward to 2-3 years from now.
    If Childress's plan works the way he believes it will, that should be right around the time we make a superbowl run.

    You act like the only way to change the roster is through FA.
    It's not.
    Draft and trades also make up a large portion of it.
    This year's FA was pretty much worthless for us because there were few players that fit in with what Childress is trying to do.
    Changing your overall strategy for building a team just because of one thin FA doesn't make sense.

    Do I think we are making a superbowl run next year. Of course I do. ;D.
    But even I take the purple sunglasses off sometimes, and I realistically expect us to be in the 9-7 range.
    Each year I expect to improve a little bit until we have forged a new dynasty in the NFC.

    I truly believe we are on the verge.
    Childress learned a lot in his rookie year.
    Our players learned a lot in the new system.
    It isn't going to take much to transform our record.
    Now that's a "true fan"
    ;D
    There are a ton of factors that go into that 6-10 and the NFL has proven that past performance is no indicator of future returns. We will be better next year, we have a lot of guys returning who will be more comfortable with the system BC instituted, I think that will translate into a better offense and more wins. Remember our #1 from last year didn't play so you could say we will be getting two #1 picks this year, we just already know one of them. I think we will be improved and in the parity league a little improvement can mean a lot of wins.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: lets face it

    I am ever the optimist and probably do were purple glasses, however, when you take a look at the 2007 Schedule it will get the NAYSAYERS on this site into true lemming mode and headed for the cliffs
    ;D

    If I were to pick the games right now, based on what they have done so far and not even taking into account injuries, holdouts and what we do with our team during the Draft and Future trades I would break it down like this.

    Chicago (2)


    (Major upheaval going on right now with the troops = split)
    Detroit (2)



    (This is tough.
    They are trying despite Millen = split)
    Green Bay (2)
    (A team on the upswing even with FAvvvvreee = split)
    at Dallas




    (Loss)
    at New York Giants (Loss)
    Philadelphia


    (Win)
    Washington


    (Win, two years in a row.)
    at Denver




    (Cutler goes through second year jinx = Win)
    at Kansas City
    (Win)
    Oakland




    (Win)
    San Diego



    (Loss)

    7-9

    Taking into account how many close games we lost last year and by putting my purple blinders back on (voting with my heart) gives me a sweep at Detroit, a sweep at the PUCKERS, and Romo faulters and we beat Dallas.

    10-6
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: lets face it

    Chicago (2)


    (Major upheaval going on right now with the troops = split)
    Detroit (2)



    (This is tough.
    They are trying despite Millen = split)
    Green Bay (2)
    (A team on the upswing even with FAvvvvreee = split)
    at Dallas




    (Loss)
    at New York Giants (Loss)
    Philadelphia


    (Win)
    Washington


    (Win, two years in a row. )
    at Denver




    (Cutler goes through second year jinx = Win)
    at Kansas City
    (Win)
    Oakland




    (Win)
    San Diego



    (Loss)

    7-9
    i think that's a fair assessment.
    and i hope you guys are right, outside of that bitcher guy.
    we have a defense on the
    verge of domination and the problems we have on offense are fixable.
    but we need alot to go right.
    and childeress did not exactly instill confidence in me with his job last year.
    and i know it's hard to tell, but i am being sarcastic a bit.
    but if we do just build from the draft alone, its rare where you see such a young team make such a collective big stride.
    the defense will keep us in all games, but childress's offense has to produce at least double digits a little bit more frequently this year otherwise lets go get cowher
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    Chicago (2)


    (Major upheaval going on right now with the troops = split)
    Detroit (2)



    (This is tough.

    They are trying despite Millen = split)
    Green Bay (2)

    (A team on the upswing even with FAvvvvreee = split)
    at Dallas




    (Loss)
    at New York Giants (Loss)
    Philadelphia


    (Win)
    Washington



    (Win, two years in a row. )
    at Denver




    (Cutler goes through second year jinx = Win)
    at Kansas City

    (Win)
    Oakland





    (Win)
    San Diego




    (Loss)

    7-9
    i think that's a fair assessment.

    and i hope you guys are right, outside of that bitcher guy.

    we have a defense on the
    verge of domination and the problems we have on offense are fixable.

    but we need alot to go right.

    and childeress did not exactly instill confidence in me with his job last year.

    and i know it's hard to tell, but i am being sarcastic a bit.

    but if we do just build from the draft alone, its rare where you see such a young team make such a collective big stride.

    the defense will keep us in all games, but childress's offense has to produce at least double digits a little bit more frequently this year otherwise lets go get cowher
    Not sure who the
    outside of that bitcher guy
    was however, there are a couple of them in the thread that gave you a pretty good response.


    I am definately NOT in the league with any of the mods on this site, however, there are a few rules in here to keep the credibility up.

    Recommend you go to the right thread, give an intro and then take a look at the posting rules as well as the responders info on the left of the screen.

    Might help you out a bit.

    Again, welcome to the site.
    Post well and often.



    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: lets face it

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure who the
    outside of that bitcher guy
    was however, there are a couple of them in the thread that gave you a pretty good response.
    That was me, of course.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: lets face it

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure who the
    outside of that bitcher guy
    was however, there are a couple of them in the thread that gave you a pretty good response.
    That was me, of course.

    =Z=
    I thought so too.....
    ;D
    My Pappy told me.....Always take the high road my son
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
  2. MOVED: lets face it
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
  3. Lets All Get Together!!!
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
  4. Lets Face It where not getting Calvin Johnson
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Lets Get It On, Again!!
    By brettfavreisgod in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •