Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: lets face it

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: lets face it

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we are gonna stink.

7 is not a great slot for us so the best bet is to move out, but will anyone want to move in that spot and give us another 2nd rounder.

and even so, how much will it improve us this year.

boys and girls, start looking to 2-3 years from now cuz it sure don't look like this year is their priority.

i.
    e; shenigans, bobby wade, and choochoo the special team man.

how many stars would have to align for all our young players to come together at the same time and make a run.

i'm pretty a negative person, but also realistic, so just lets hope some young guys make some big strides so we have something to look foward too in 2012 :'(
    I don't know whats better the comments themselves, or the fact that you call yourself a realistic person.

Because basing our future off of two weeks worth of Free agency and what you think you know about the #7 pick in the draft. . . . . while somehow managing to ignore and discredit the other 40+ very talented people on our team is far beyond any reality I know.
    Refreshed...relaxed...and back to your old self I see...Welcome back...noob
    Please list, I know there are some very talented players on the Vikes, I am more optimistic than bbr, and I sleep with my purple tints on, but 40+? ???

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Free agency does not spell the end for us.

Did the Colts hit FA last year very hard?
    We have some good players and we just need to get them firing in the right system.
    eh, the colts also had peyton manning, marvin harrison, reggie wayne, joseph addai, dallas clark, dwight freeney, bob sanders, cato june, mike doss, nick harper, robert mathis, corey simon, brandon stokley, and adam vinatieri as their keys players.
    we have k. will, fat pat, antoine winfield, darren sharper, steve hutchinson, and matt birk for our key players which is alarming.
    and to further that, we signed 3 backups for our off-season thus far.
    i'm not saying that they may not contribute positively, but we need some impact players, and i doubt that career backups are going to give us a lot of game changing ability.
    The colts already had a solid team before this last offseason....they made a few key moves...examples cory simon and joseph addai....and viola, championship.
    we aren't near where the colts were at last off-season and we're not doing anything to get better.
    hopefully we do really well in the draft....although if the same person has the final say this year as did last year, we're in serious trouble as far as that goes too.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we are gonna stink.

7 is not a great slot for us so the best bet is to move out, but will anyone want to move in that spot and give us another 2nd rounder.

boys and girls, start looking to 2-3 years from now cuz it sure don't look like this year is their priority.

i.

how many stars would have to align for all our young players to come together at the same time and make a run.

i'm pretty a negative person, but also realistic, so just lets hope some young guys make some big strides so we have something to look foward too in 2012 :'(
    I don't know whats better the comments themselves, or the fact that you call yourself a realistic person.

Because basing our future off of two weeks worth of Free agency and what you think you know about the #7 pick in the draft. . . . . while somehow managing to ignore and discredit the other 40+ very talented people on our team is far beyond any reality I know.
    Did I miss something

Welcome Back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Just for ultra and the other OSU fans, Brady Quinn will fall into our laps at the 7 slot and we WILL RULE!!! IF not next year, in years to come. Oh you say he can't win the big game? Either did another QB, a little known QB by the name of Payton Manning!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we are gonna stink.

i.

Because basing our future off of two weeks worth of Free agency and what you think you know about the #7 pick in the draft.
    while somehow managing to ignore and discredit the other 40+ very talented people on our team is far beyond any reality I know.
    Refreshed. . . relaxed. . . and back to your old self I see. . . Welcome back. . . noob
    Please list, I know there are some very talented players on the Vikes, I am more optimistic than bbr, and I sleep with my purple tints on, but 40+? ???
    Sure it's real easy, if your in the NFL your talented.
    If your a starter in the NFL your very talented.

Lets start off nice and easy:

Matt Birk
    Tony Richardson
    Steve Hutch
    Chestor Taylor
    Mewelde Moore (Even if it's just punt returns)
    Kevin Williams
    Pat Williams
    Antoine Winfield
    Darren Sharper
    E. J.
    Henderson
    Ray Edwards
    Greg Blue
    Heath Farwell
    Charles Gordon
    Erasmus James
    Chris Kluwe
    Ryan Longwell
    Ben Leber
    Bryant Mckinnie
    Kenechi Udeze
    Tank Williams

And probably if I cared a whole list of people who play special teams but go relatively unoticed because they don't show up in the stat column.

The point is, this guy has in a nutshell said we are screwed because of our lack of involvment in this free agency (A very weak FA class mind you) and our #7 pick is worthless.
    Aside from the fact that this is total bullshit, he goes on to say he is a realist. . . . .

Now I personaly find it ignorant to hang the hopes of our entire season on a rookie (#7 draft pick) and a few FA's that will be new to the system.
    In doing so you are discrediting the people who have sweat, who have bled, and who have put their health on the line for this football team.
    Players that will be here next year eager to play, ABLE to play, and most importantly experienced under our system and our coach.

Are there 40 people on the team that will go to the pro-bowl? Obviously not, does that matter? No.
    The success of individual players relies on the coaching staff, their experience, their health, their ability. . . . . . . . . . .
    no they are not all pro bowl caliber but if they are there, if they are working hard and some numbnuts wants to throw them under the bus and say They will fail because our coaching staff didn't overpay for some washed up garbage in FA then IMO that is a discredit.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Awww Come on now, we are in no way near as solid as the colts were last year. They really only needed a running back,which they got in the draft, and a kicker. And they got the best clutch kicker in the history of the NFL in FA from their nemesis,so I wouldn't say they were totally stagnant.
    The Pack did not do slick willy in FA and they did better than us?

Hell, its early on.
    I agree 100% with that. The packers coaching staff and the staffs of some of our opponents last year beat us with less talent but better coaching.Arizona was another team. So if your coaches don't have the ability to make marginal players play better than the players of our opponents and we are not going to change the coaches, the one variable that you can change to improve performance is to increase the talent. There is a mathematical formula to prove that theory

W = P/C x T

W= Wins
    P= Players
    C = Coaches
    T = Talent

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Packers signed Woodson and drafted AJ Hawk....I'd say that contributed significantly to their defensive improvements.

But anyways, I can see why TP is so glum. It's easy to be glum of course, since we didn't and probaby won't sign any big namers in FA. I'm sure everyone here agrees though, the money being dashed out this year is def. not worth the players so in a sense, it's kind of a relief we're not throwing away 80 mil to a CB. Also note, the direction this org. is looking at is a youth movement. Why bring all these high priced vets when we're not going to be winning anytime soon? Lets lean on the kids and wait until they're grown up first before hooking players for 80 mil.

Even then I'm still excited because anything can happen. Who knows...what if we draft two Marquis Colston? Suppose one of our players break out...yeap. Easy to be glum, but also easy to be excited.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    we
    us
    us
    us
    our
    we
    YOU (and me) are just a fan.
    YOU are not a Viking.
    So there is no We or Us or Our when discussing the Vikings.

It's not personal - even though the joy and pain of following the Vikings is.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we
    us
    us
    us
    our
    we
    YOU (and me) are just a fan.
    YOU are not a Viking.
    So there is no We or Us or Our when discussing the Vikings.

It's not personal - even though the joy and pain of following the Vikings is.

=Z=
    Who are you to decide that. It's just a figure of speech, and I say it just show dedication.

I bet I probably say those words myself all around the place. And when I do it even if
    we are on the up or down, I see no problem in that.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Awww Come on now, we are in no way near as solid as the colts were last year. They really only needed a running back,which they got in the draft, and a kicker. And they got the best clutch kicker in the history of the NFL in FA from their nemesis,so I wouldn't say they were totally stagnant.
    Let me bring another team in the mix.
    Baltimore Ravens.
    They were crappy in 2005.
    Sure, they got
    McNair in free agency but his stats weren't much better than Bollers.
    The fact they had a lot of injuries in 2005 (similar to the Vikings in 2006), came back healthy in 2006 and that's what made them a good team.
    It wasn't so much of free agency.

The big difference is they have leaders on their team.
    That's the main difference with McNair vs. Boller.
    On defense they have Ray Lewis.
    I still believe we need that kind of leader on defense at the MLB position.
    Hopefully they can find that.

I guess afte all this blabbering we need not throw out the 2007 season because we haven't signed any marquee free agents.
    Let's hope we come back healthy and Chad Greenway turns into the defender we think he can be.
    The team may surprise some of the negative people.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast