Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: lets face it

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: lets face it

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i was just hoping for nfl impact players to be added.
    there werent alot out there, but there were worthy guards, tackles, wr's, tight ends that coulda helped.
    And here is the crux of our disagreement. I really don't think there were any guards, tackles, WRs or TEs that could have made an impact...at least not for more than one year.
    Sometimes it isn't about just improving for the next season.
    It is about setting the team on a path to continuous improvement.
    Overpaying an aging, mediocre WR now would only hurt us next FA, when there is more talent out there.
    And then we would be stuck with an old WR with a moster contract who no longer produces.
    That is sound for the most part....BUT when NE in essence signs Stallworth to a contract that could end up being a one-year contract for all intents and purposes, then it makes one wonder if the Vikes aren't being just a LITTLE too passive.
    I can understand building for the future...BUT we are REALLY HURTING at the WR position...and this may end up hurting TJack's development for the future.
    Not giving the very raw QB much help can't be good for his continued development...IMHO anyway.
    i totally agree cajun.
    sorry, i'm sure you probably hate that.
    and i dont know if one more td is gonna cut it against our schedule this year.
    the teams we play are probably gonna be able to muster up more points then sf, washingont, carolina did last year, even with our defense looking strong again.
    10 points a game instead of 3 points a game doesn't win you many games.
    we need a reciever that tjack can lean on.
    and if we can't find that, at least get some guys who can catch it if it hits them in the hands.
    maybe we'll get lucky and a guy like nance turns into a secret stud.
    but the options right now are drafting wr's cuz i dont know if bringing in what's left is worth it.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    there werent alot out there, but there were worthy guards, tackles, wr's, tight ends that coulda helped.
    And here is the crux of our disagreement. I really don't think there were any guards, tackles, WRs or TEs that could have made an impact...at least not for more than one year.
    Overpaying an aging, mediocre WR now would only hurt us next FA, when there is more talent out there.
    And then we would be stuck with an old WR with a moster contract who no longer produces.
    That is sound for the most part....BUT when NE in essence signs Stallworth to a contract that could end up being a one-year contract for all intents and purposes, then it makes one wonder if the Vikes aren't being just a LITTLE too passive.
    I can understand building for the future...BUT we are REALLY HURTING at the WR position...and this may end up hurting TJack's development for the future.
    Not giving the very raw QB much help can't be good for his continued development...IMHO anyway.
    i totally agree cajun.
    the teams we play are probably gonna be able to muster up more points then sf, washingont, carolina did last year, even with our defense looking strong again.
    and if we can't find that, at least get some guys who can catch it if it hits them in the hands.
    but the options right now are drafting wr's cuz i dont know if bringing in what's left is worth it.
    What I hate is that it appears that the Putzies might actually SUCCEED in BUYING the championship!
    I REALLY need for them to start declining so that I can rub it in the faces of the Massholes that I work with...and the rest of the Masshole fans in general!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i totally agree cajun.
    What I hate is that it appears that the Putzies might actually SUCCEED in BUYING the championship!
    I REALLY need for them to start declining so that I can rub it in the faces of the Massholes that I work with...and the rest of the Masshole fans in general!
    He said Massholes.
    That's pretty funny.

You may be right in that we need to muster up more points than 3 and 10 to win games.
    Most games you should be able to score at least 20 but I do think our offense was not that far from there last year if it weren't for a few penalties we would have been more productive on the scoreboard.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415