Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: lets face it

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: lets face it

"cogitans" wrote:
    I understand why you feel that way, I understand your reasoning.

But to me it's still just a figure of speech, and I'll probably keep on saying it, without even realizing it.

That's just the way it is.
    And I will continue to fight the good fight!

So - does PSV have what it takes to get past Liverpool in the quarters?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"aceclown" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    you konw what i mean ultra, mostly the same players.
    no additions that look impacting
    Oh geez, FA is not done, there are trades, and the draft.
    Give it some time.
    But I want it now
    >

=Z=

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    that's cool prophet, but obviously i'm gonna depend my jiggly butt if i believe it to be right.
    That might be the most hilarious typo I've seen in years.

=Z=

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    that's cool prophet, but obviously i'm gonna depend my jiggly butt if i believe it to be right.
    That might be the most hilarious typo I've seen in years.

=Z=
    LMAO!!!!

What makes me worry is what gives him the clue to believe it is right? That seems a bit risky to me to wait around until the moment is right to depend your ass.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

What makes me worry is what gives him the clue to believe it is right? That seems a bit risky to me to wait around until the moment is right to depend your jiggly butt.

wow, you guys really got me there.
    and you should be worried cuz if you think the offense will be fine based on the fact that some superstars are gonna get cut on june 1st and that the draft is gonna produce imediate stars, history will tell you it's unlikely.
    it's stupid for me to have to depend, oh i mean defend, hardy har har, that the offense worries me.
    daniel graham, randy mcmichael, eric johnson, jermary stevens.
    maybe shiancoe is someone they really like and he turns out good, but theres not exactly alot to view in his four years.
    look at the pats, they attacked free agency at the wr position, whether they all work out or not.
    they got welker, washingont, and stallworth.
    so when you see that we were so bad there, and all we do is have curtis visit and sign bobby wade, doesn't exactly light a fire.
    we haven't brought people in for visits let alone sign someone, so to nitpick my wording, and take the wait and see approach, i think i'll stick with my approach of adding talent.
    i didn't even go into the guards and tackles who at the very least adds depth and competition.
    so continue to say i'm wrong in some way but i dont get what makes you right.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    What makes me worry is what gives him the clue to believe it is right? That seems a bit risky to me to wait around until the moment is right to depend your jiggly butt.

and you should be worried cuz if you think the offense will be fine based on the fact that some superstars are gonna get cut on june 1st and that the draft is gonna produce imediate stars, history will tell you it's unlikely.
    it's stupid for me to have to depend, oh i mean defend, hardy har har, that the offense worries me.
    maybe shiancoe is someone they really like and he turns out good, but theres not exactly alot to view in his four years.
    look at the pats, they attacked free agency at the wr position, whether they all work out or not.
    so when you see that we were so bad there, and all we do is have curtis visit and sign bobby wade, doesn't exactly light a fire.
    we haven't brought people in for visits let alone sign someone
    , so to nitpick my wording, and take the wait and see approach, i think i'll stick with my approach of adding talent.
    i didn't even go into the guards and tackles who at the very least adds depth and competition.
    Yup, the great plan is staying dormant and will reveal itself soon.
    We just have to believe.
    I'm sure New England will cut a few of their WR's which we can snag at a good price and have quality character players that came from a good system.

To quote the title of your thread "lets face it", we are not going to have a strong passing game this season.
    Get AP in the draft, have him share the load with Chester and grind the piss out of the game.
    It will at least keep the games close until the passing personnel are discovered.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:

we haven't brought people in for visits let alone sign someone, so to nitpick my wording, and take the wait and see approach, i think i'll stick with my approach of adding talent.
    Here's the reality of the offense last year.
    The offense wasn't that bad when you consider a few things.

1) Although the offense was ranked 24th last year they were in the middle of the league for most of the year till the very end.
    Sure we didn't score much but we moved the ball decently.
    The reasons why there wasn't as many scores as we would have liked was due to: penalties that killed drives and no flexibility for the QB to do what needed to be done.
    TJ adds that extra running threat that BJ didn't.
    that may pay off when in the redzone.
    Therefore if the penalties decrease that's two advantages we will have over last year.

2) CT ran the ball well although teams stacked the box on the left side of the line.
    With better blocking on the right side of the line teams will have to pay more attention to that side.
    That will give the left side even more of an advantage.

3) There were a lot of dropped passes last year.
    However there were prospects that are promising.
    Nance and Carter may surprise people.

Of course these are "Ifs" however they are good enough to keep me optimistic about next season.
    We lost many of the games by less than 1 score.
    I can name 2 games that would have been won if it weren't for 1 penalty in each game.
    1) Green Bay game - Bethel Johnson took back the opening kickoff for a TD that was called back because of a penalty that didn't happen.
    2) In the San Francisco game, Taylor ran 65 yards for a TD on a screen that was called back due to a penalty.
    I can even count the first Bears game.
    We had that won until the fumble late in the 4th quarter.
    The fumble was a result of a great play by a Bears defensive lineman.
    He doesn't make that play we win that game too.

Again, these are "what ifs" but I'm only proven that we were just one play from winning a few of the games last year.
    That's how I stay optimistic.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"ejmat" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

1) Although the offense was ranked 24th last year they were in the middle of the league for most of the year till the very end.
    The reasons why there wasn't as many scores as we would have liked was due to: penalties that killed drives and no flexibility for the QB to do what needed to be done.
    Therefore if the penalties decrease that's two advantages we will have over last year.

2) CT ran the ball well although teams stacked the box on the left side of the line.
    With better blocking on the right side of the line teams will have to pay more attention to that side.

Of course these are "Ifs" however they are good enough to keep me optimistic about next season.
    I can name 2 games that would have been won if it weren't for 1 penalty in each game.
    1) Green Bay game - Bethel Johnson took back the opening kickoff for a TD that was called back because of a penalty that didn't happen.
    2) In the San Francisco game, Taylor ran 65 yards for a TD on a screen that was called back due to a penalty.

Again, these are "what ifs" but I'm only proven that we were just one play from winning a few of the games last year.
    i got yah.
    what bothers me about those what if's is that it comes down to those few oppurtunities you konw.
    everyone struggles with turnovers and penalties at some point, but we were so bad that when something like that happened we couldnt overcome it.
    1 penalty should not prevent you from scoring 1 td for the whole game.
    it's part of the problem sure, but it was more like rubbing salt on a wound.
    it just added to our problems offensively.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

i got yah.
    what bothers me about those what if's is that it comes down to those few oppurtunities you konw.
    everyone struggles with turnovers and penalties at some point, but we were so bad that when something like that happened we couldnt overcome it.
    1 penalty should not prevent you from scoring 1 td for the whole game.
    it's part of the problem sure, but it was more like rubbing salt on a wound.
    it just added to our problems offensively.
    It definately added to the problems.
    Therefore with some minor adjustments things can be fixed.
    We can all agree that if we score 1 more TD a game (very feasable) we may be able to win 4-5 more games this season.
    Think the defense will be better once they sure up the middle of the field.
    Therefore I don't see us giving up many more points per game either.
    I honestly think they are going in the right direction.
    I know they are not making a big splash in free agency but this year it may not be needed considering the pay of what many consider 2nd tier players.
    I say let's see what we do in the draft, re-assess, then voice pros and cons to this years offseason.
    We can't go by 2 weeks of free agency to say we will suck.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i was just hoping for nfl impact players to be added.
    there werent alot out there, but there were worthy guards, tackles, wr's, tight ends that coulda helped.
    And here is the crux of our disagreement. I really don't think there were any guards, tackles, WRs or TEs that could have made an impact...at least not for more than one year.
    Sometimes it isn't about just improving for the next season.
    It is about setting the team on a path to continuous improvement.
    Overpaying an aging, mediocre WR now would only hurt us next FA, when there is more talent out there.
    And then we would be stuck with an old WR with a moster contract who no longer produces.
    That is sound for the most part....BUT when NE in essence signs Stallworth to a contract that could end up being a one-year contract for all intents and purposes, then it makes one wonder if the Vikes aren't being just a LITTLE too passive.
    I can understand building for the future...BUT we are REALLY HURTING at the WR position...and this may end up hurting TJack's development for the future.
    Not giving the very raw QB much help can't be good for his continued development...IMHO anyway.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast