Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 143

Thread: lets face it

  1. #121
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    good logic ultravike, why would i think the same players in teh same system with the same coach would at all reflect what kinda offense they could be.
    my bad.
    thanx for the news flash
    The same players?
    Sure...all of them?
    I guess I should check.

    Chilly has a year under his belt, I guess that is worth something.


  2. #122
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: lets face it

    "Prophet" wrote:
    If I had to boil it down to only one point that we disagree on it will be Childress.
    I am neutral, slightly toward negative on his coaching.
    I cannot logically say he's good or bad at this point.
    This is the first time i have seen the Vikings building a team from the ground up in a long time and I like it.
    It appears to me that they are building for success and they are on their way.
    They are not that far from making the transition.
    Why?
    optimism?
    I say no.
    It's because most teams I have seen in the history of the game that can stuff the run and control the TOP and have a successful ground game end up being contenders.
    Those aspects of the team have already been accomplished.
    Fill in some more holes and minimize penalities and they are on their way.
    Sure, they could suck jiggly butt next year, but the things I see in the team and it's progress since the Green-Tice era in one year makes me excited.
    yah i could see that.
    at least the defense is relatively young so that if the offense does take time they will still be around.
    i am probably being a bit harsh with childress after only one year, but he came off as stubborn with both sticking with johnson and not making any adjustments himself in game plans.
    we came off as very easy to defend.
    and my problem with the offense is the whole offense.
    gameplan, talent, execution.
    im mean when you're that bad you are doing everything wrong. our defense might get good enough this year to carry us alone, but obviously we need to get a wr who can get downfield.
    and if we get that but we are still dumping balls off to moore on 3rd down then i'll really have cause to complain.
    i just feel if we want t-jack to make real progress he's gonna need help.
    or he might just turn into like a david carr.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  3. #123
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: lets face it

    you konw what i mean ultra, mostly the same players.
    no additions that look impacting
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  4. #124
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    good logic ultravike, why would i think the same players in teh same system with the same coach would at all reflect what kinda offense they could be.
    my bad.
    thanx for the news flash
    It's possible to discuss this rationally you know...

    We won't have the same players next year.
    That much should be obvious.
    We have made major changes so far in FA on offense (release BJ, sign a decent TE, and a questionable WR), and the offseason is pretty young still.
    We have both the draft and trades to continue to change out our personnel.

    The coach is the same, but he is no longer a rookie.
    He made mistakes last year, and I don't think anyone here will argue that point.
    Next year is a better test for him.
    See if he learns from his mistakes.
    See if he can continue to improve in the areas he excelled at last year (and there were some - without rehashing some of the earlier posts, TOP is one of them, rushing is another).
    There is no reason to think the the same coach will perform the same every year.

    Same goes for the scheme.
    If anything, the offense will get better because they are in the same scheme.
    A new scheme isn't like putting on a different jersey.
    It take a while to get used to.
    The more complicated the new scheme, or the more differences between it and the old scheme, the longer it takes for players to get the hang of it.
    The version of WCO that Childress is trying to install was a lot different than the run and gun scheme that Tice used.
    And it is fairly complex.
    This can only get better with time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #125
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    If I had to boil it down to only one point that we disagree on it will be Childress.
    I am neutral, slightly toward negative on his coaching.
    I cannot logically say he's good or bad at this point.
    This is the first time i have seen the Vikings building a team from the ground up in a long time and I like it.
    It appears to me that they are building for success and they are on their way.
    They are not that far from making the transition.
    Why?
    optimism?
    I say no.
    It's because most teams I have seen in the history of the game that can stuff the run and control the TOP and have a successful ground game end up being contenders.
    Those aspects of the team have already been accomplished.
    Fill in some more holes and minimize penalities and they are on their way.
    Sure, they could suck jiggly butt next year, but the things I see in the team and it's progress since the Green-Tice era in one year makes me excited.
    yah i could see that.
    at least the defense is relatively young so that if the offense does take time they will still be around.
    i am probably being a bit harsh with childress after only one year, but he came off as stubborn with both sticking with johnson and not making any adjustments himself in game plans.
    we came off as very easy to defend.
    and my problem with the offense is the whole offense.
    gameplan, talent, execution.
    im mean when you're that bad you are doing everything wrong. our defense might get good enough this year to carry us alone, but obviously we need to get a wr who can get downfield.
    and if we get that but we are still dumping balls off to moore on 3rd down then i'll really have cause to complain.
    i just feel if we want t-jack to make real progress he's gonna need help.
    or he might just turn into like a david carr.
    Doesn't that go back to the original discussion?
    We are in the beginning of FA and there were very few FAs worth drooling over.
    The ones that did get signed go paid exorbitant contracts that bordered on insanity.
    The Vikings have a reasonable amount of coin to toss around and there will be cap-hit casualties before the cap deadline, trades, and of course the draft.
    There is no way that a bunch of fans are thinking the receiving corps sucks ass and the boys at Winter Park don't realize this.
    There is also no way that the boys don't realize that TJack is a greenhorn.
    There are plans in place and they are in motion.
    Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Nothing that you or I say has any bearing on what happens.

    One thing that you will see on this board, not unlike and NFL board I have ever posted on, is there is a huge range of fans and opinions.
    The main reason this board rises abve the rest is because we have a sort of peer-reviewed system in place.
    Anyone that pulls stuff out of their ass and treats it as fact will more than likely get called on it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #126
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: lets face it

    I agree prophet...I am not going to pay if owned an NFL team large sums of money to 2nd tier vets!

  7. #127
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    you konw what i mean ultra, mostly the same players.
    no additions that look impacting
    Oh geez, FA is not done, there are trades, and the draft.
    Give it some time.

  8. #128
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: lets face it

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    you konw what i mean ultra, mostly the same players.
    no additions that look impacting
    Oh geez, FA is not done, there are trades, and the draft.
    Give it some time.
    But I want it now
    >


    Chuch.

  9. #129
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: lets face it

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    good logic ultravike, why would i think the same players in teh same system with the same coach would at all reflect what kinda offense they could be.
    my bad.
    thanx for the news flash
    It's possible to discuss this rationally you know...

    We won't have the same players next year.
    That much should be obvious.
    We have made major changes so far in FA on offense (release BJ, sign a decent TE, and a questionable WR), and the offseason is pretty young still.
    We have both the draft and trades to continue to change out our personnel.

    The coach is the same, but he is no longer a rookie.
    He made mistakes last year, and I don't think anyone here will argue that point.
    Next year is a better test for him.
    See if he learns from his mistakes.
    See if he can continue to improve in the areas he excelled at last year (and there were some - without rehashing some of the earlier posts, TOP is one of them, rushing is another).
    There is no reason to think the the same coach will perform the same every year.

    Same goes for the scheme.
    If anything, the offense will get better because they are in the same scheme.
    A new scheme isn't like putting on a different jersey.
    It take a while to get used to.
    The more complicated the new scheme, or the more differences between it and the old scheme, the longer it takes for players to get the hang of it.
    The version of WCO that Childress is trying to install was a lot different than the run and gun scheme that Tice used.
    And it is fairly complex.
    This can only get better with time.
    The main reason this board rises abve the rest is because we have a sort of peer-reviewed system in place.
    Anyone that pulls stuff out of their jiggly butt and treats it as fact will more than likely get called on it.

    that's cool prophet, but obviously i'm gonna depend my jiggly butt if i believe it to be right.
    and i think that scheme thing is over-rated too, so many players change teams now and coordinators, everyone deals with that and some are effective and win and some suck like we did last year.
    i mean tomlin inherited a defense that was improving, ie; end of 2005, but look at all the praise he got.
    sean payton last year, new scheme, number 1 offense.
    so i think that's a bit decieving.
    the cupboard looks bare right now with guys that can come in and help us.
    the draft will fill holes, but like alld drafts it's a crap shoot.
    i was just hoping for nfl impact players to be added.
    there werent alot out there, but there were worthy guards, tackles, wr's, tight ends that coulda helped.
    i mean this shiancoe guy we really dont know what we have cuz he hasn't played much, childress pretty much such wade is a slot reciever for us at best.
    not exactly overhauling the offense.
    i really think a guy like calvin johnson alone can change our offense but it seems unlikely we'll get him
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  10. #130
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: lets face it

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i was just hoping for nfl impact players to be added.
    there werent alot out there, but there were worthy guards, tackles, wr's, tight ends that coulda helped.
    And here is the crux of our disagreement. I really don't think there were any guards, tackles, WRs or TEs that could have made an impact...at least not for more than one year.
    Sometimes it isn't about just improving for the next season.
    It is about setting the team on a path to continuous improvement.
    Overpaying an aging, mediocre WR now would only hurt us next FA, when there is more talent out there.
    And then we would be stuck with an old WR with a moster contract who no longer produces.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
  2. MOVED: lets face it
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
  3. Lets All Get Together!!!
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
  4. Lets Face It where not getting Calvin Johnson
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Lets Get It On, Again!!
    By brettfavreisgod in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •