Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: lets face it

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: lets face it

great, prophets back.
    if watching the progress of a team doesn't include constant 3 and outs and a punt, then i guess i have to watch more closely.
    and i'm sure the cardinals have had some good personel guys over the years but they still find a way to suck.
    so for me not to question the much smarter people in the front office is ridiculous.
    as if their plan might not be a good one?
    and del rio you have to choices, mind your business or prove why i shouldnt be down on the vikes offense.
    is that a hard thing to fathom.
    maybe for an anus like you it is, but if you are gonna throw your hat in the ring, come in with something besides "you're wrong, be happy"
    saying that the offense has one year under their belt goes both ways.
    they have one year of ineffectiveness.
    what happens if it starts out that way again and players start thinking that dumping the ball to c.talor on 3rd and 10 is just stupid.
    it's just not a good argument cuz i have the games of minimal 1st downs, no td's, losses, to back me up while all you got is insults and rosy colored outlook.
    so again, call me what you want, but you are losing.
    we have not done enough, and my opinion is the draft is probably not gonna be enough to make the offense vastly improved. hope i'm wrong
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we
    us
    us
    us
    our
    we
    YOU (and me) are just a fan.
    YOU are not a Viking.
    So there is no We or Us or Our when discussing the Vikings.

It's not personal - even though the joy and pain of following the Vikings is.

=Z=
    Who are you to decide that. It's just a figure of speech, and I say it just show dedication.

I bet I probably say those words myself all around the place. And when I do it even if
    we are on the up or down, I see no problem in that.
    Didn't see this until I started to review the thread.

I disdain the use of "we" or "us" in referring to the Vikings because I am not putting on pads, scripting plays, negotiating contracts, drafting players or signing checks.

I am watching The Vikings do all of that.
    I have no say, no sway, no pull - and no stake other than my personal emotions - in any of this.

=Z=
    Actually, I have to disagree with you here Z.
    I think the fans are as much a part of the Vikings organization as the players.
    If there were no fans, there would be no team.
    Therefore I don't have a problem using the royal "We" when referring to the Vikings.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    great, prophets back.
    if watching the progress of a team doesn't include constant 3 and outs and a punt, then i guess i have to watch more closely.
    and i'm sure the cardinals have had some good personel guys over the years but they still find a way to suck.
    so for me not to question the much smarter people in the front office is ridiculous.
    as if their plan might not be a good one?
    and del rio you have to choices, mind your business or prove why i shouldnt be down on the vikes offense.
    is that a hard thing to fathom.
    maybe for an anus like you it is, but if you are gonna throw your hat in the ring, come in with something besides "you're wrong, be happy"
    saying that the offense has one year under their belt goes both ways.
    they have one year of ineffectiveness.
    what happens if it starts out that way again and players start thinking that dumping the ball to c.talor on 3rd and 10 is just stupid.
    it's just not a good argument cuz i have the games of minimal 1st downs, no td's, losses, to back me up while all you got is insults and rosy colored outlook.
    so again, call me what you want, but you are losing.
    we have not done enough, and my opinion is the draft is probably not gonna be enough to make the offense vastly improved. hope i'm wrong
    There isn't a person alive that doesn't think the Vikings offense didn't suck last year.
    You still continue to ignore any of the positives from the team last year which is, like I said in my first response to you in this thread, nauseating.

The whole play calling issue that you are referring to is just flat out wrong.
    That has been broken down on a play-by-play basis proving that it is wrong.
    Don't believe me?
    Go to nfl.com and do it yourself or look up the existing thread on here that is titled, 'the play calling myth' or something like that.

Execution was a huge problem and the number of penalties was a huge problem.
    Again, like you choose to ignore, based on your apparent reading comprehension skills, six of the games were lost be less than a score.
    Guess what, that means the offense wasn't doing what they should have been doing.

Good luck on your uphill climb, maybe you should buy some oxygen.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    in refernece to DEL RIO, zeus.
    yeah perplex i'm dumb becuz i think the offense needs help.
    thank god you chimed in otherwise i would never have been enlightened with such a well developed mind.
    i've never met such a bunch of wusses that can't deal with someone pointing out the faults in something.
    did mommy coddle you guys a little too much.
    grow a sack.
    Do us a favor and go play on the freeway please; your borderline trolling here.

"Del" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Question for Del Rio -
    Earlier in this post you said the vikings have 40 plus talented people?????
    Are you conting the ticket sales personnel when you say that? Because there is NO WAY you can be referring to this football team as having 40 plus talented players.
    The fact is: this organization is in the crapper, it has no leadership, the brain trust in the front office CANT EVALUATE TALENT and as far as the head coach is concerned, until he learns that completeing a 2 yard pass when you are 3rd and 7 is NOT a "kick ass" offense, mediocracy will be the level of play we can expect for years to come.
    AND THAT IS A REALITY CHECK!!!!!

You carry a roster of 50+ people on a professional football team.

Now I do not know where you come from, or what you are about, but where I come from if you play football in the NFL you are talented end of story. Which I stated in my very next post or soon thereafter.

The point of the post (as stated) was to say that if you are going to be stupid enough to say that we are doomed because of our FA signings when our team was in damn near every game we played last year then don't bother, and if you do please for the love of god do not try to pass it off as reality.

Now as for your reality check I'm going to take the safe money bet and go ahead and say I will be better off filing your opinions in the shit can and stick by my guns. You want to claim the organization is in the crapper? That we have no leadership? That our team can't evaluate talent? AFTER ONE YEAR? Drama Queen? I think so.

TALENT often takes more then a year to develop. You have Greenway out, T. Williams out, your QB pusses out before the season, your WR is a drunk...... you're installing a new offense that is far and away from anything the majority of these players are used to playing........

Please keep your boo hooing and drama queen bullshit away from me in regards to telling me what reality is. That may be your reality, but it also sounds like the reality of someone who has plastic sheets and KANDOO ass wipes on the bathroom counter.

All you guys make it sound like Childress can go down to player mart and pick out the very best of the best players. He needs to get the best players for his system and yes it will take more then one season. Someone crying about Shiancoe sounds similar to the same people crying about Leber...... I'll take the word of people involved in football over someone watching ESPN anyday.
    Wow...Del being called-out all over the place!

Sheesh, leaves for a few weeks anbd look what happens.

okay prophet, i'll bite.
    it's a myth.
    that's fine.
    but we never got it going, play calling or not.
    and over 16 games, and with the decision to stick with johnson as long as he did, wouldn't you expect to see a glimpse of improvement.
    what were the postitives on offense.
    chester taylor?
    okay, but i feel that was mismanaged too.
    so taylor wouldnt have worn down, why not mix m.moore in a bit more.
    he was pretty much our most effective guy in the passing game.
    and look up the stats of m.moore's 3rd down receptions and how many resulted in first downs.
    we all watched the games, we know we all saw that way too much.
    and those plays aren't even a matter of letting the play develop and hit a wr.
    it's like the play was going to moore right off the bat.
    i've talk about our defense plenty and i think were on the verge there, i was disappointed we couldnt get the pass defense fixed over the whole second half, but were close to be awesome there.
    but going up against
    defenses of teams like green bay, s.f, miami, arizona, st louis, and on and on and just being so bad on offense is worriesome.
    for us to struggle getting first downs while i watch other teams in the league go up and down the field makes me think childress is doing something wrong.
    maybe that's bad logic, but he's the offensive guru you know

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    okay prophet, i'll bite.
    it's a myth.
    that's fine.
    and over 16 games, and with the decision to stick with johnson as long as he did, wouldn't you expect to see a glimpse of improvement.
    chester taylor?
    and look up the stats of m.moore's 3rd down receptions and how many resulted in first downs.
    i've talk about our defense plenty and i think were on the verge there, i was disappointed we couldnt get the pass defense fixed over the whole second half, but were close to be awesome there.
    but going up against
    defenses of teams like green bay, s.f, miami, arizona, st louis, and on and on and just being so bad on offense is worriesome.
    for us to struggle getting first downs while i watch other teams in the league go up and down the field makes me think childress is doing something wrong.

That was last year.
    A new season is upon us.
    Do not dwell in the past.
    Have thick skin, grab your balls, and drive-on little soldier.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If I had to boil it down to only one point that we disagree on it will be Childress.
    I am neutral, slightly toward negative on his coaching.
    I cannot logically say he's good or bad at this point.
    This is the first time i have seen the Vikings building a team from the ground up in a long time and I like it.
    It appears to me that they are building for success and they are on their way.
    They are not that far from making the transition.
    Why?
    optimism?
    I say no.
    It's because most teams I have seen in the history of the game that can stuff the run and control the TOP and have a successful ground game end up being contenders.
    Those aspects of the team have already been accomplished.
    Fill in some more holes and minimize penalities and they are on their way.
    Sure, they could suck ass next year, but the things I see in the team and it's progress since the Green-Tice era in one year makes me excited.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

good logic ultravike, why would i think the same players in teh same system with the same coach would at all reflect what kinda offense they could be.
    my bad.
    thanx for the news flash

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    okay prophet, i'll bite.
    it's a myth.
    that's fine.
    chester taylor?
    but going up against
    Your posts are getting better ragz.

Prophet is correct, the play calling issue is a myth, or at least it is widely exaggerated.
    Looking at it objectively you can see that there no statistically no play calling pattern.

And you're right, the offense never did get going.
    The Vikings had more third down completions or runs that failed to convert than any other team.
    This probably can't be blamed solely on either play calling or execution.
    It is most likely a combination of both, and hopefully something we can improve on this season.

Nobody is saying that the offense was stellar last year.
    But I am honestly struggling with what point you are making Ragz.
    I am honestly not sure if your major complaint is with the play calling, the offensive scheme, or the talent level with the players.
    I would like to discuss this with you, but your posts are all over the place, and hard to follow.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast