Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: lets face it

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: lets face it

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    and zeus, give me a break, it's a figure of speech so cut me some slack, that's how i talk
    Are you referring to the "we" stuff?

That's a personal pet peeve of mine, for the reasons noted above.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Del" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Who's dumber: the author of this thread, or those of us who were duped into responding to it?

Let's face it; we were duped !

Shame on us all !

:P

You're assuming we were duped, some people read the initial post realize that it will lead to nothing good and that the author is incapable of valid communication and choose to post anyway to pass the time until something worth discussing comes along.

I was half joking about being duped.
    ;D
    I expect all, or almost all, of us realized his 'game' was to flame, incite, get a rise out of us, etc..
    >

'HandBags-and-Gladrags' never really responded to deny any of the positive moves made by the Vikings.
    His assault was one-tracked, and he attacked anyone who disagreed.

It was not a sincere attempt to have a serious discussion.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

For whoever it was that stated Randy McMichael is a premier TE in the NFL I don't thik they watch the Dolphins play often.
    Don't get me wrong, I like McMichael however he has the dropsies as well and he tends to tip the ball up for defenders to intercept.

Therefore signing McMichael for the amount of money to me isn't worth it.
    I would rather get a backup with better skills (i.e. catching, blocking and running routes).
    Before you get pessimistic about someone please know more about the game than just a black and white assessment from stats.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

WHAT IS THERE TO DISPROOVE!????

You said :

Hey guys I'm a pessimist and our team sucks. We are in for a long season and that's reality.

All I said is that is not reality. IT MAY BE YOUR REALITY, but that's it.

So what do you want me to disprove? I am officially apologizing for being a taint licking asshole, what do you want me to disprove. Tell me and I will try my best to focus on the facts.

Because right now all I responded to from you was you saying hey our team sucks thats the way it is, and I said no and then somewhere between there and here you got butt hurt.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

And so, about the future of this team.

The FA class this year was/is not impressive, and I won't slit my wrists because all we have gotten are some 2nd tier guys. I expect they will fulfill their roles, and won't handcuff us if they don't. Yeah, we desperately need some WRs, but why pay in escess for guys that are older and have injury issues; especially when their possible failures would have repercussions into the next few seasons? I would have liked to have had Horn, but not at the price he was gonna get, and Stallworth has two strikes. Been there. Kevin Curtis, being a relatively young and underused guy, would have been nice, but he doesn't want our money, so screw him.

As to the number 7 pick. We won't be getting that stud WR we all want, but we'll still get somebody that is good. Maybe even REAL good. BPA baby. There are enough good recievers that we ought to be able to get one, maybe two good ones in the later rounds. Hey, if our defense gets good enough, we don't need the stud WR. Exactly how many Super Bowls has T.O. won, anyway. Get the stud DE at 7 and maybe our D will stop enough teams that our kicker can win a few games for us. 3 yards and a cloud of dust works for me! Ok, maybe 4 yards.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Who's dumber: the author of this thread, or those of us who were duped into responding to it?

Let's face it; we were duped !

Shame on us all !

:P

You're assuming we were duped, some people read the initial post realize that it will lead to nothing good and that the author is incapable of valid communication and choose to post anyway to pass the time until something worth discussing comes along.

I was half joking about being duped.

;D

I expect all, or almost all, of us realized his 'game' was to flame, incite, get a rise out of us, etc..

>

'HandBags-and-Gladrags' never really responded to deny any of the positive moves made by the Vikings.
    His assault was one-tracked, and he attacked anyone who disagreed.

It was not a sincere attempt to have a serious discussion.

I agree whole heartedly.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    exactly uffdavikes.
    that's my point.
    and as for prophet.
    pathetic huh?
    and if going 2 of your last 10 games is making strides, i hope you mean backwards cuz that's the direction the offense was going most of the time.
    you can state all teh cold hard facts you want but what was the result.
    that's the only cold hard fact i care about.
    and i've stated many of times the phrases, "so far" so i know more can still come but when?
    i hear names like ian scott, cato june, nick harper.
    good, our defense will be awesome but as your facts showed, they were pretty good last year and we still couldnt win cuz we couldnt score.
    if questioning their approach so far makes me pathetic i guess i need help.
    but i'd rather be pathetic then cold hard stupid.
    I wish you would start posting in paragraphs, it's tough to read.

I wasn't talking about only the score.
    I am talking about watching the games and focusing on the lines and play and factoring out conditions like having Tarvaris start when he's not ready.
    Looking at the progress of the team and it's progression which is at a more subtle level than saying, wow, look at that long pass that TWill just dropped.
    Hutchinson was just talking about how he's excited to get back to the field the second year under the new system.

The cold hard facts that I mentioned, and you choose not to pick up on, just like most responses to your rhetoric, is that if you are going to come in and whine like a little school girl then present the both sides of the story.
    Not just the warped perspective that is riddled in half-truths and fallacy to support your version of reality.

Now you are calling me stupid too.
    That is great.
    You actually think that Wilf, Childress, Spielman, Studwell, and Brzezinski are dumber than your ill-thought out accusations of not overpaying for FAs that they do not want for whatever reason.

If you have been semi-conscious since Zygi took over the team you would realize that if he wants someone on the team he does everything in his power to get them on the team.
    Just because some hack that can't forumulate a sentence says the Vikings should sign Cato June doesn't mean the Vikings want Cato June.

You have a long uphill battle to gain even an ounce of credibility on this site.
    Good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Del" wrote:
    [quote]
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

While you play the victim well the proof is in the posts and if you scroll back to page one I think it's easy to see who escalated this.

And you are right I have nothing better to do.

This is the internet, no one can "push you around"
    there you go again del rio.
    for all your insults and talk you still have not disproved what i've said. not following you. that bitcher guy was labeled the bitcher guy cuz thats what he called me in his post.
    i looked and it was you who started calling people out.
    it's not my fault we're a week later and the things "i think i know" are still just as questionable in relation to te vikes activities.
    was the post brash and over dramatic? of course it was, that stirs it up, but i've tried to squash the name calling and someone like you pops back up and stirs thing up again.
    either way, we still stink on offense no matter what you think i know or don't know
    and zeus, give me a break, it's a figure of speech so cut me some slack, that's how i talk
    ]

Did I insult you in my last post?

Because if I did you need to get the floop out into the sunshine and relax a bit. Either that or shovel some of that sand out of your god damned vagina.
    i love how perplex ain't bringing up del rio's obvious inferiority complex after that statement.
    and you did insult again with your march of dimes comment.
    and you have to prove to me why the optimism for the offense.
    i said why the gloom, bad results last year, same players coming back and some who were starters not, and all you said was that is not reality.
    you wanna play word games that's fine, but i've you been talking about the vikes and you've been talking about my perception.
    why don't you care less about what jail i'm in, or if my family needs charity money and focus on the fact that the vikings offense is in trouble.
    maybe you could actually win this argument if you didnt resign yourself to insults instead of anything substantial.
    complaining may not win us games, but walking around whistling with a smile on your face doesn't either, so i'll try working on that vagina thing for you.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

While you play the victim well the proof is in the posts and if you scroll back to page one I think it's easy to see who escalated this.

And you are right I have nothing better to do.

This is the internet, no one can "push you around"
    there you go again del rio.
    for all your insults and talk you still have not disproved what i've said. not following you. that bitcher guy was labeled the bitcher guy cuz thats what he called me in his post.
    i looked and it was you who started calling people out.
    it's not my fault we're a week later and the things "i think i know" are still just as questionable in relation to te vikes activities.
    was the post brash and over dramatic? of course it was, that stirs it up, but i've tried to squash the name calling and someone like you pops back up and stirs thing up again.
    either way, we still stink on offense no matter what you think i know or don't know
    ]

Did I insult you in my last post?

Because if I did you need to get the floop out into the sunshine and relax a bit. Either that or shovel some of that sand out of your god damned vagina.
    i love how perplex ain't bringing up del rio's obvious inferiority complex after that statement.
    and you did insult again with your march of dimes comment.
    and you have to prove to me why the optimism for the offense.
    i said why the gloom, bad results last year, same players coming back and some who were starters not, and all you said was that is not reality.
    you wanna play word games that's fine, but i've you been talking about the vikes and you've been talking about my perception.
    why don't you care less about what jail i'm in, or if my family needs charity money and focus on the fact that the vikings offense is in trouble.
    maybe you could actually win this argument if you didnt resign yourself to insults instead of anything substantial.
    complaining may not win us games, but walking around whistling with a smile on your face doesn't either, so i'll try working on that vagina thing for you.
    I have to proove why you should be optimistic. I take it back GTFO.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    we
    us
    us
    us
    our
    we
    YOU (and me) are just a fan.
    YOU are not a Viking.
    So there is no We or Us or Our when discussing the Vikings.

It's not personal - even though the joy and pain of following the Vikings is.

=Z=
    Who are you to decide that. It's just a figure of speech, and I say it just show dedication.

I bet I probably say those words myself all around the place. And when I do it even if
    we are on the up or down, I see no problem in that.
    Didn't see this until I started to review the thread.

I disdain the use of "we" or "us" in referring to the Vikings because I am not putting on pads, scripting plays, negotiating contracts, drafting players or signing checks.

I am watching The Vikings do all of that.
    I have no say, no sway, no pull - and no stake other than my personal emotions - in any of this.

=Z=
    I understand why you feel that way, I understand your reasoning.

But to me it's still just a figure of speech, and I'll probably keep on saying it, without even realizing it.

That's just the way it is.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast