Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Axel's Outhouse

  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Axel's Outhouse

    Shortening quotes is fun, can you shorten some for me?

  2. #2
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    Good riddance!

  3. #3
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Shortening quotes is fun, can you shorten some for m
    ;D
    -Sno

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    S
    Short enough?

  5. #5
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Shortening quotes is fun, can you shorten some for me?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    Sorry, but I agree with him, so send me to hell if you want.

    There are a lot of times when someone is being quoted that their entire post does not need to be quoted when only a paragraph or few sentences will suffice. I've see long entire articles & posts quoted over & over, when only one particular sentence in it was all that was needed.

    I shorten quotes all the time & notice several others do to. I view it as being easier for the person reading my post to see only the pertainent information, rather than look at a page long quote just to see one comment that is highlighted in bold.

    The difference here though, is I don't force or request others to do it.

    Let he who has never shortened someone elses quote cast the first stone.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Good riddance!
    I don't agree with that sentiment.

    Perhaps he was a bit of a dick in his approach, but the message was spot on.
    In a text-based forum, the use of the Quoting functions is essential to maintaining the flow of the "conversation" in any thread.

    And quoting an entire Wall O' Text (WOT) just to chime in with "Yeah!" at the end is the height of idiocy.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Shortening quotes is fun, can you shorten some for me?
    I only had to go back 1 day from your post to find one you shortened.


    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    It starts out simply enough: A man and woman get together
    I'm offended.
    I'm to young to be reading this stuff.
    My virgin mind is ruined.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=343 78.msg582608#msg582608

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    Sometimes you can't shorten them because the context is lost.
    When you can it is best to do so.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Axel's Outhouse

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Sometimes you can't shorten them because the context is lost.
    I disagree.
    There is fat to be trimmed from almost any quoted reply.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Dylan's Outhouse
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
  2. Want to buy an automated outhouse?
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 12:14 PM
  3. Ohio man stalls long enough to get new outhouse
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •