Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Who is the best looking actress/actor

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    You can be an alcoholic without ever drinking a day in your life? Weird, I guess i am one of those people who do not understand the difference then DC. I would love for some enlightenment though!
    Let me see if I can explain it.

People are born with the dependancy to alcohol. It is not an acquired trait.

You either are or your not.

If you are one of the people who are unfortunate to have that trait, but choose to not drink alcohol (I.E. some religions prohibit it) you are an alcoholic without ever touching a drop.

But you will never know it. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    You can be an alcoholic without ever drinking a day in your life? Weird, I guess i am one of those people who do not understand the difference then DC. I would love for some enlightenment though!
    Yes alcoholism is a hereditary disease. Alcoholics do not even necessarily drink at all. You can have the disease and never no because you have never partaken in alcohol. Alcoholics generally function better when there is alcohol in there system. Alcoholics generally do not get DWI's etc because they actually drive better when they have partaken in alcohol. Now alcohol abusers are the ones that get loud and drunk and racous. Generally alocholics are much sneakier and you can not necessarily tell that they have had anything to drink. They like to drink alone.
    Okay this makes much more sense to me then. So tell me this, does social drinking fit into any one of those two categories...providing you aren't going overboard and getting drunk. I assume that would fit under abuse if you did get out of control.
    IMO and from what I know your are absolutely right. social drinking is just that unless you are a heavy social drinker and then yes it would fall under alcohol abuse.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Singers - you are very involved in this subject but that last part is splitting hairs to me. If his health is damaged and physically he is impaired then that to me and many other Americans he is an alcoholic. And if you damage your health and physically are not as able, it would figure that it is affecting work, social life, home life. It takes quite a bit of time to be able to drink a fifth in a night. I don't know every instance or incident but I can tell you that heavy drinking by a parent in a home, whether you want to believe it or not is bad socially and emotionally for the children. So call it what you will, but this thread has deviated from its original intent and you are intitled to your opinion as am I. Think what you want!
    Your getting close to understand the difference between Alcoholism & Alcohol Abuse.

Caj never said his grandfather was pysically impaired.

He could simply choose to drink every night by choice.

An alcoholic will drink because he is dependent on the alcohol & he has the need to drink.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Ok wow this thread really got hijacked. The topic is Orlando Bloom... umm I mean actors and actresses people! :lol:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I personally think it has run it's course and I am going to lock it. If anyone disagrees, please PM me and I'll consider unlocking it...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829