Vikings to hold workout for QB Aprile Pazzo on Sunday

I was a bit perplexed by this, until I read the entire story...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070329054603.f2i8t0mu&show_article= 1&catnum=-1

Discover Magazine announced in 1995 that a highly respected biologist, Aprile Pazzo (Italian for April Fool), had discovered a new species in Antarctica: the hotheaded naked ice borer. The creatures were described as having bony plates on their heads that became burning hot, allowing the animals to bore through ice at high speed -- a technique they used to hunt penguins.

In 1992, US National Public Radio announced that Richard Nixon was running for president again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." They even had clips of Nixon announcing his candidacy. Listeners flooded the show with calls expressing their outrage. Nixon's voice actually turned out to be that of impersonator Rich Little.

.... there's more in the link above...

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings to hold workout for QB Aprile Pazzo on Sunday

This is a sad thread. Had me going

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Oh yeah. April Fools. I will be absent this weekend.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Purplexing" wrote:
    I was a bit perplexed by this, until I read the entire story...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070329054603.f2i8t0mu&show_article= 1&catnum=-1

Discover Magazine announced in 1995 that a highly respected biologist, Aprile Pazzo (Italian for April Fool), had discovered a new species in Antarctica: the hotheaded naked ice borer. The creatures were described as having bony plates on their heads that became burning hot, allowing the animals to bore through ice at high speed -- a technique they used to hunt penguins.

In 1992, US National Public Radio announced that Richard Nixon was running for president again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." They even had clips of Nixon announcing his candidacy. Listeners flooded the show with calls expressing their outrage. Nixon's voice actually turned out to be that of impersonator Rich Little.

.... there's more in the link above...

What's even more "perplexing" is that every year someone just has to remind the masses that April Fools is just around the corner, shooting down any chance of a good prank.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Way to go purplexing...as Billy Madison would say "YOU BLEW IT!!!!"

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Ha,

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    I love that moving picture show.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    Ha,

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    I love that moving picture show.
    The price is wrong Bob