Thread: Telephone Problems
05-21-2007, 11:18 AM #1
A South Carolina farm wife called the local phone company to
report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that
on the few occasions when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady.
He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.
4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone
Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.
Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.
05-21-2007, 11:20 AM #2
Re: Telephone Problems
Can one of you mods put this in the Official Joke Page.
I messed up
:-[Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.
By RK. in forum The ClubhouseReplies: 9Last Post: 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
By vikeswin2005 in forum The ClubhouseReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2006, 04:20 AM
By AngloVike in forum Help / Suggestion BoxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2005, 01:09 AM
By Blackshirtz in forum Help / Suggestion BoxReplies: 10Last Post: 02-11-2005, 03:58 PM