Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    This will be the 12th year of my annual Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza. It starts Friday with a poker tournament at the local Indian Casino, Golf Tournament on Saturday, Game on Sunday, and another golf tournament on Monday.

    We also have a many other games revolving around the big game to make it more interesting (typical squares, propositions question sheet, etc) but I am looking for any new ideas.

    One we have done the past three or four years is everybody puts in $10 and gets ten - $1 poker chips. Throughout the game you can yell out a wager for anyone to accept. They range from the next play will be a pass to the next set of commercials will have a Budweiser add in them. The more creative the better. Then if you lose you throw a chip to the winner. They can be one on one bets or take all bets if you like.
    It's up to the initiator of the wager.
    It's great having chips flying around the room and wagers going on all over the place. It helps make a dud of a game fun.

    Anybody else have any other ideas or games that have worked out well?

  2. #2
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    "GALLY" wrote:
    This will be the 12th year of my annual Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza. It starts Friday with a poker tournament at the local Indian Casino, Golf Tournament on Saturday, Game on Sunday, and another golf tournament on Monday.

    We also have a many other games revolving around the big game to make it more interesting (typical squares, propositions question sheet, etc) but I am looking for any new ideas.

    One we have done the past three or four years is everybody puts in $10 and gets ten - $1 poker chips. Throughout the game you can yell out a wager for anyone to accept. They range from the next play will be a pass to the next set of commercials will have a Budweiser add in them. The more creative the better. Then if you lose you throw a chip to the winner. They can be one on one bets or take all bets if you like.
    It's up to the initiator of the wager.
    It's great having chips flying around the room and wagers going on all over the place. It helps make a dud of a game fun.

    Anybody else have any other ideas or games that have worked out well?
    Have everybody put a dollar into a pot. Then have everybody step on a scale to weigh themselves. After the game everybody gets on the scale to see who gained the most weight. It was great fun at thanksgiving, even though I came in last only gaining 2.9lbs. My younger brother won with 4.7lbs. Everyone said it was because I didn't eat any gravy. ;D

  3. #3
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    Wow, nobody has any other traditions and thoughts on things for Super Bowl Parties......That amazes me.....

  4. #4
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    I move far too often to get any sort of tradition going.....

    My trick is to find the best party I can and go there...

    However, sounds like you have a hell of a nice weekend!


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #5
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    I eat enough to constipate myself

  6. #6
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    "GALLY" wrote:
    Wow, nobody has any other traditions and thoughts on things for Super Bowl Parties......That amazes me.....
    What my idea wasn't good enough for ya? Or maybe it was so good that everyone else knew theirs would pale in comparison, so they didn't post them.

  7. #7
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    "GALLY" wrote:
    This will be the 12th year of my annual Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza. It starts Friday with a poker tournament at the local Indian Casino, Golf Tournament on Saturday, Game on Sunday, and another golf tournament on Monday.

    We also have a many other games revolving around the big game to make it more interesting (typical squares, propositions question sheet, etc) but I am looking for any new ideas.

    One we have done the past three or four years is everybody puts in $10 and gets ten - $1 poker chips. Throughout the game you can yell out a wager for anyone to accept. They range from the next play will be a pass to the next set of commercials will have a Budweiser add in them. The more creative the better. Then if you lose you throw a chip to the winner. They can be one on one bets or take all bets if you like.
    It's up to the initiator of the wager.
    It's great having chips flying around the room and wagers going on all over the place. It helps make a dud of a game fun.

    Anybody else have any other ideas or games that have worked out well?
    Thats awesome...I would like particpate in something like that......for any sporting weekend....like a guys weekend out

  8. #8
    GALLY is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    277

    Re: Super Bowl Weekend Extravaganza

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "GALLY" wrote:
    Wow, nobody has any other traditions and thoughts on things for Super Bowl Parties......That amazes me.....
    What my idea wasn't good enough for ya? Or maybe it was so good that everyone else knew theirs would pale in comparison, so they didn't post them.
    Too many people wouldn't step on the scale....ha ha ha ha.............What a game.
    It was great time.......

Similar Threads

  1. LXXX years of Super Bowl history - Vikings to win Super Bowl XLVI?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 09:20 AM
  3. Worst Super Bowl Moments (Super Bowls I-XL)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 11:54 PM
  4. Who is going to win the Super Bowl?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 09:56 PM
  5. Super Bowl
    By Cissney the Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 10:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •