Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Staff sergeant relieved of duties after posing for Playboy

POSTED: 5:21 a.m. EST, January 12, 2007

[img width=220 height=242]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/01/12/playboy.military.ap/story.manhart.ap.jpg[/img]
    Michelle Manhart says of her Playboy photos: "I didn't do anything wrong."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Staff sergeant relieved of duties after posing for Playboy

"Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED: 5:21 a.m. EST, January 12, 2007

[img width=220 height=242]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/01/12/playboy.military.ap/story.manhart.ap.jpg[/img]
    Michelle Manhart says of her Playboy photos: "I didn't do anything wrong."
    I don't think she did anything wrong, but she had to know this will end her career.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Everyone in the Army knows that your body is Goverment Property. I would guess that she didnt want to be in anymore, and looked for a way out. As a SSG she probably joined before the wars and has probably been deployed multiple times and is growing weary of it. That is my take on it anyway!

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Im sorry. Air Force, I wasnt paying attention to detail.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

First of all, when I went through training at Lackland back in the early 90's, there were no instructors I would like to have seen in Playboy.

Second, the actual legality of it is questionable.
    There is no article in the UCMJ preventing a noncommissioned officer from posing nude in playboy.
    When she did was within the confines of cilvil law, and the "Conduct Unbecoming" article only applies to officers, cadets, and midshipmen.

However, there is normally a standing general order in each MAJCOM that says something to the effect that an airman cannot do anything to reflect the USAF in a negative light.
    There is also usually a general order that states that any self inflicted act cannot interfere with her ability to complete her duty.
    I am sure that nude pics of their instructor is enough to cause distraction among a bunch of 18 and 19 year old airmen.
    These two general orders is probably where she is going to get nailed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"gr8vike" wrote:
    Everyone in the Army knows that your body is Goverment Property. I would guess that she didnt want to be in anymore, and looked for a way out. As a SSG she probably joined before the wars and has probably been deployed multiple times and is growing weary of it. That is my take on it anyway!
    This actually isn't true
    A lot of people, especially in basic training and tech school, claim that if you hurt yourself through negligence or intent, it is considered damage to government property.
    But that is actually just a rumor.

That and the article didn't say what kind of instructor she was, but I believe TI's (basic training instructors) are not deployable.
    The majority of the instructors at Lackland AFB are TI's, medical instructors, security forces instructors, or combat control.
    Call me crazy, but she didn't exactly fit the bill for SF or CC, so I assume she is either medical or a TI.
    Neither one has a high deployment rate.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    First of all, when I went through training at Lackland back in the early 90's, there were no instructors I would like to have seen in Playboy.

There is no article in the UCMJ preventing a noncommissioned officer from posing nude in playboy.
    When she did was within the confines of cilvil law, and the "Conduct Unbecoming" article only applies to officers, cadets, and midshipmen.

However, there is normally a standing general order in each MAJCOM that says something to the effect that an airman cannot do anything to reflect the USAF in a negative light.
    There is also usually a general order that states that any self inflicted act cannot interfere with her ability to complete her duty.
    I am sure that nude pics of their instructor is enough to cause distraction among a bunch of 18 and 19 year old airmen.
    It's that last bit which I tried to get into above, failed as I was typing and then just left the first sentence.

If she's in a position of authority over young men, then she's blown any credibility with them, because every one of them will have seen her naked by noon on the day the issue comes out.

However - I think, if being a SSgt in the AF is anything like what I know of the marines, then she's not a dummy, so she probably knew this going in and made sure she got enough $$$ from Playboy to cover it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

With as hot as her body looks showing her naked is not a negative light.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "gr8vike" wrote:
    This actually isn't true
    A lot of people, especially in basic training and tech school, claim that if you hurt yourself through negligence or intent, it is considered damage to government property.
    But that is actually just a rumor.

That and the article didn't say what kind of instructor she was, but I believe TI's (basic training instructors) are not deployable.
    The majority of the instructors at Lackland AFB are TI's, medical instructors, security forces instructors, or combat control.
    Call me crazy, but she didn't exactly fit the bill for SF or CC, so I assume she is either medical or a TI.
    Neither one has a high deployment rate.
    I am really not familiar with how the Air Force runs. I am in the Army & know that if you go out and get a tatoo, you can get in trouble. And when I was working with the Air Force in Iraq, The SF did have some pretty good looking women. Maybe I was just used to the Army Women but I dont know. Nothing to go crazy about either way.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Blog Entries

Apparently the CNN photo didn't do her justice...

[img width=170 height=226]http://myspace-138.vo.llnwd.net/01553/83/13/1553683138_m.jpg[/img]

And apparently the issue is already out because she is signing them at a bar in Houston tonight...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast