Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Soy-based foods may lower sperm count


    I think I'll stick with red meat thank you.


    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25833435/


    CHICAGO - Eating a half serving a day of soy-based foods could be enough to significantly lower a man’s sperm count, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.

    The study is the largest in humans to look at the relationship between semen quality and a plant form of the female sex hormone estrogen known as phytoestrogen, which is plentiful in soy-rich foods.


  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think I'll stick with red meat thank you.
    You sure about that?

    Red Meat Linked to Colon Cancer

    "While these risks to overall health are not in the same league as the risk from smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity," said Thun, "these findings are important because red and processed meat are major components of the diet of many Americans, and because there is now substantial evidence that long-term high consumption increases the risk of colon cancer."
    So, which is it? Low sperm count or colon cancer?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think I'll stick with red meat thank you.
    You sure about that?

    Red Meat Linked to Colon Cancer

    "While these risks to overall health are not in the same league as the risk from smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity," said Thun, "these findings are important because red and processed meat are major components of the diet of many Americans, and because there is now substantial evidence that long-term high consumption increases the risk of colon cancer."
    So, which is it? Low sperm count or colon cancer?
    OK

    How about Pink Taco?

  4. #4
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    OK

    How about Pink Taco?
    Now your speakin my language!!!

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    I should probably eat lots of Soy before going for the pink taco... not ready for any little C Mac D's running around yet.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think I'll stick with red meat thank you.
    You sure about that?

    Red Meat Linked to Colon Cancer

    "While these risks to overall health are not in the same league as the risk from smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity," said Thun, "these findings are important because red and processed meat are major components of the diet of many Americans, and because there is now substantial evidence that long-term high consumption increases the risk of colon cancer."
    So, which is it? Low sperm count or colon cancer?
    Less chance of unwanted pregnancy or painful, debilitating ass cancer.
    Hmmm, tough choice...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    Why should I care, at 70 I got no sperm county anyway. And besides I've had zero sperm count since my vacastomy 30 years ago.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #8
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    "C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    OK

    How about Pink Taco?
    Now your speakin my language!!!

    remember to shave your teeth when you are done eating

  9. #9
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    You can't eat soy based foods anyway... Meat Meat Meat !
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Soy-based foods may lower sperm count

    Eat what you want everybodys going to die anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN Remakes Team Logo's Based On How They've Started.
    By Krumb in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
  2. 8 Foods We Eat too Much
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. How to Be a Hobo with a Web Based Income
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
  4. The 20 Worst Foods in America
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
  5. Top 5 Favorite Foods
    By Deepthreat89 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •