Thread: Next years hope

Next years hope

The problem
    It wasn't Johnson’s fault. I always hated the stupid 2nd round draft choice since the beginning. I really did try to stay optimistic from my first blog but it didn’t last. Everyone loved him though. That he’s what the team needs. They were looking for Daunte Culpepper who I never liked either. He is a even crappier version of him who didn’t seem too mobile against the nfl linebackers because everyone in the nfl is as good and better then the best in your division 2 school. Green Bay gave him a little welcome to the NFL greeting. In green bay they talk about how different it would have been if Troy made that catch downfield. He practically had to do the limbo while outrunning the cornerback for the ball to hit his shoulder! Put the ball a few feet in front of him and that’s 6. That’s the deep ball he supposedly can throw.
    Oh the veteran Brad Johnson sucks let’s put in this 3rd string, division 2 quarterback from a crappy school. He's more quote "mobile" then Johnson. Oh it was all his fault. He couldn't throw it long. He throws before the first down marker on 3rd down. He can’t scramble or move from the pocket.
    Then Tavaris Jackson gets in there and suddenly everyone else gets worse supposedly, say the fans, and when he stinks it up worst then Johnson its the wide receivers who can't catch a ball, oh it's the offensive line not holding a block long enough and the play calling from Childress that every thing got worst when T. Jackson got in. Brad Johnson had to deal with the same crap except he took all the heat for all of it and idiot fans blamed him and it got to brad Childress. It was a bad move.

Hope in Childress
    My only hope I have is that Brad Childress was just giving Tavaris Jackson two games of experience so next year he'll know what to expect from the nfl or a heck of a lot better something that wouldn’t include TJack he wanted to see for himself if this so called prodigy is really as good as the fans say. Then he could see if he needs a new qb for the off season (Which he probably figured out he does). The bad though is either way he gave up on the season which held playoff hopes which was wrong If we had played Brad Johnson and if we could have won those last two games gone 8-8 and gone to the playoffs.

Don’t give up on playoff hopes
    And this is how. We beat the tiebreaker with NYG who went 8-8 because they lost to Seattle, We beat Atlanta even if they did happen to beat Phily but they went 7-9, because our NFC conference record was better and we win the their tiebreaker. We beat the Carolina Panthers. We could have beat St. Louis so that would make them 7-9. SF lost to Arizona so they went 7-9. Green Bay would have gone 7-9 too if we got some frickin’ first down and burned clock with brad and won the GB game. So we would have beat everyone for the tiebreaker if they did go 8-8, except San Francisco and Dallas but SF went 7-9 and Dallas can go in with us but the only team that did was NYG who we beat in tiebreaker. The only team we don't beat was Dallas for the wild card so we would have gotten the number 2 spot and once you get to the playoff who cares what you did in the regular season none of that matters. You have to win out just like the 14-2 team next to you.

Next year’s looks hopeful
    Childress didn't see our playoff hopes. So now Childress knows this guys sucks so he got to get a qb and a wr target. All Donavon McNabb (PHI), Michael Vick(ATL), Jeff Garcia(PHI) and
    Matt Shaub (ATL) say they aren't going to settle for 2nd string. They all are 1st string material obviously. So two of those four say they’ll go free agent, probably Matt Shaub and Jeff Garcia, so one of those would be a lot better then now and with a seventh pick we can go for one of the top 3 draft WR in the draft to give that guy a target. There's Teddy Ginn Jr., the electrifying #7, who can return kicks which we need from the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, or Dwayne Jarret from the USC Trojans. And most the picks in front of us don't really need a WR so at least two of the three WR will remain for our pick. We get a coach in a couple years after Childress proves himself one way or another and we got ourselves a super bowl team because the WR will develop and our qb will as well and then everything will start looking up.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Next years hope

Can we all get some of those mushrooms too?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    The problem
    It wasn't Johnson’s fault. I always hated the stupid 2nd round draft choice since the beginning. I really did try to stay optimistic from my first blog but it didn’t last. Everyone loved him though. That he’s what the team needs. They were looking for Daunte Culpepper who I never liked either. He is a even crappier version of him who didn’t seem too mobile against the nfl linebackers because everyone in the nfl is as good and better then the best in your division 2 school. Green Bay gave him a little welcome to the NFL greeting. In green bay they talk about how different it would have been if Troy made that catch downfield. He practically had to do the limbo while outrunning the cornerback for the ball to hit his shoulder! Put the ball a few feet in front of him and that’s 6. That’s the deep ball he supposedly can throw.
    Oh the veteran Brad Johnson sucks let’s put in this 3rd string, division 2 quarterback from a crappy school. He's more quote "mobile" then Johnson. Oh it was all his fault. He couldn't throw it long. He throws before the first down marker on 3rd down. He can’t scramble or move from the pocket.
    Then Tavaris Jackson gets in there and suddenly everyone else gets worse supposedly, say the fans, and when he stinks it up worst then Johnson its the wide receivers who can't catch a ball, oh it's the offensive line not holding a block long enough and the play calling from Childress that every thing got worst when T. Jackson got in. Brad Johnson had to deal with the same crap except he took all the heat for all of it and idiot fans blamed him and it got to brad Childress. It was a bad move.

Hope in Childress
    My only hope I have is that Brad Childress was just giving Tavaris Jackson two games of experience so next year he'll know what to expect from the nfl or a heck of a lot better something that wouldn’t include TJack he wanted to see for himself if this so called prodigy is really as good as the fans say. Then he could see if he needs a new qb for the off season (Which he probably figured out he does). The bad though is either way he gave up on the season which held playoff hopes which was wrong If we had played Brad Johnson and if we could have won those last two games gone 8-8 and gone to the playoffs.

Don’t give up on playoff hopes

And this is how. We beat the tiebreaker with NYG who went 8-8 because they lost to Seattle, We beat Atlanta even if they did happen to beat Phily but they went 7-9, because our NFC conference record was better and we win the their tiebreaker. We beat the Carolina Panthers. We could have beat St. Louis so that would make them 7-9. SF lost to Arizona so they went 7-9. Green Bay would have gone 7-9 too if we got some frickin’ first down and burned clock with brad and won the GB game. So we would have beat everyone for the tiebreaker if they did go 8-8, except San Francisco and Dallas but SF went 7-9 and Dallas can go in with us but the only team that did was NYG who we beat in tiebreaker. The only team we don't beat was Dallas for the wild card so we would have gotten the number 2 spot and once you get to the playoff who cares what you did in the regular season none of that matters. You have to win out just like the 14-2 team next to you.

Next year’s looks hopeful
    Childress didn't see our playoff hopes. So now Childress knows this guys sucks so he got to get a qb and a wr target. All Donavon McNabb (PHI), Michael Vick(ATL), Jeff Garcia(PHI) and
    Matt Shaub (ATL) say they aren't going to settle for 2nd string. They all are 1st string material obviously. So two of those four say they’ll go free agent, probably Matt Shaub and Jeff Garcia, so one of those would be a lot better then now and with a seventh pick we can go for one of the top 3 draft WR in the draft to give that guy a target. There's Teddy Ginn Jr., the electrifying #7, who can return kicks which we need from the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, or Dwayne Jarret from the USC Trojans. And most the picks in front of us don't really need a WR so at least two of the three WR will remain for our pick. We get a coach in a couple years after Childress proves himself one way or another and we got ourselves a super bowl team because the WR will develop and our qb will as well and then everything will start looking up.
    1.Jackson went to Alabama State, they are D-1AA, not DII.

2. If a ball hits you in the shoulder, you are in position to catch it.

3. Our wide outs couldn't catch, that's why people claimed that they couldn't catch.

4. The NFC Championship game is this weekened and we aren't in it, so I have given up on our playoff hopes.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Diehardvikesfan makes some good points there......

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!