Thread: My Kinda Guys!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

My Kinda Guys!

[size=14pt]Miami Running Group Grabs a Beer on Five-Mile Run[/size]
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293694,00.html
    A group of screaming runners makes its way through the streets of South Beach. Restaurant patrons look up from their meals with startled expressions. One runner blows on a conch shell.

Others chant, "On, On!"

At the halfway mark in the five-mile run they stop at a bar called Lost Weekends to hydrate themselves — with beer.

These are the Hash House Harriers — not runners with a drinking problem, but drinkers with a running problem. Or so they say.

Once a week, the hashers partake in a run that is equal parts scavenger hunt, pub crawl and social gathering.

"I love it," said Rich Aube, a 35-year-old real estate agent from Dania Beach who has been hashing for four months. "I like to run and I don't mind drinking."

The Miami-Fort Lauderdale chapter has about 300 registered members, a group that includes a National Hurricane Center meteorologist, a Broward County School Board member, a journalist, Navy officers and a dog. They range in age from 21 to 58. Most are men.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: My Kinda Guys!

Huh, sounds pretty fun. Could they maybe make the run 800 meters or so and stop every 1/4 of the way! That would suit me more! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: My Kinda Guys!

Sounds like those softball tournaments we used to play in when you had to chug a beer at every base.
    Those were fun.