Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: marijuana

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: marijuana

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I could comment on a lot of the debate here.

But I'm only going to try to enlighten people about one aspect.

Sajid, who I had on ignore back when there was an ignore option, is right about one thing.
    There is pain caused by cancer and a few other problems, that is intractable.
    Pot won't touch it. Nothing will.
    The only relief is a narcotic strong enough to put you out.

I wonder why pot was ever made illegal in light of tobacco and alcohol being legal.

But to be honest. Pot is almost surely less harmful than tobacco and alcohol.
    But most credible scientific studies show it to be of little real medical benefit.
    What about as an appetite stimulant, that's the only really legitimate thing I can seem to wrap my head around. I for one would never use pot as an anti-inflammatory or anything, when I know there are real drugs on the market. But if I'm broke and have no insurance and need an appetite stimulant I think pot's a pretty good alternative.

But you're the doc, so I'll take your word.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I could comment on a lot of the debate here.

But I'm only going to try to enlighten people about one aspect.

Sajid, who I had on ignore back when there was an ignore option, is right about one thing.
    There is pain caused by cancer and a few other problems, that is intractable.
    Pot won't touch it. Nothing will.
    The only relief is a narcotic strong enough to put you out.

I wonder why pot was ever made illegal in light of tobacco and alcohol being legal.

But to be honest. Pot is almost surely less harmful than tobacco and alcohol.
    But most credible scientific studies show it to be of little real medical benefit.
    I usually just ignored your posts, thinking u were sum moron, LOL JK =) its cool bro, we all might say/do dumb shyt from time to time..

you made one very important point. why is tobacco/alcohol legal when pot isnt? if it was up to me, id put a quick lifetime ban on alcohol. id go into reasons for it, but this is a thread about the ganja.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

My friend
    sent me this
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=DeathtoDenny link=topic=33432.msg1001570#msg1001570 date=1254375245]
    "The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm
    And the leading ingredient in mr. Clean makes your floor shiny and clean with a hint of lemony freshness, but it sure as hell won't do that to your insides.

Not trying to bash weed or anything, but to claim it is good for you, and has absolutely no adverse affects is pure ignorance.
    Read the article, or google all the medicinal benefits of tetrahydrocannabinol before you start talking about "ignorance." It helped one of my friends, who died of cancer, live longer by enabling him to eat and relieving his pain.
    lol, i gotta agree with i bleed purple here.. to say it is good for you and cant cause any problems, that is just ignorance. yes weed might have a few positive effects, such as enabling cancer patients to eat, etc. but it does more
    harm than good in the long haul for the general public who just wants to toke up, but the same cant be said for patients who already have cancer.

on a side note, to use marijuana for pain, doesnt make any sense to me. most of my patients are already on morphine, i.e. very strong
    pain killers, so to give them marijuana would probably be unjust for pain.
    I like how you "LOL" after I talk about a friend dying of cancer. And I really don't understand where you're getting that MJ is detrimental to health when not smoked. It's an all natural pain killer with the same chemicals the brain releases already. You mention morphine, a horrifically addictive opiate that HEROIN was invented to cure? Opiates ruin people's lives if they don't kill them.
    And you're both ignorant. Neither of you can back up your claims that marijuana is harmful, yet you keep throwing around the term "ignorant." Often, trying to have a logical conversation on this site about anything other than football is like having a catch with a paraplegic, but you two anti-intellectuals need to back up your claims (with independent studies, not funded by the drug czar) or don't contribute. I posted a study that says marijuana reduces cancer's ability to spread IN LUNG CANCER and both of you ignore it, proof that you have your tiny minds made up and have closed them to any further knowledge.
    1st off my ignorant friend.. I wrote "LOL" because you simply did not understand that the point that "I bleed purple" made..
    2nd, your basing your entire argument on the story of one patient. Look kid, im sorry you lost ur friend. ive dealth with thousands of cancer patients, thats my field, its what i do for a living. About one third of cancer patients in active therapy and about two thirds of patients with advanced disease have significant pain, and the major reason why cancer is painful is that it invades tissues, like bone, or soft tissue like muscle, and compresses the nerves and produces pain in that way. the pain that is caused from certain cancers for example, certain sarcomas such as osteosarcomas, cause unbareable pain for the patient. to give them a joint to smoke will do nothing for them except maybe tickle there belly a lil bit. i would say about 99% of cancer patients are on some form of opiate or morphine. is it highly addictive? yes. but does it knock the pain down, you bet it does. its given to patients and monitored very closely by an oncologist.

as for the studies you mentioned, i posted studies earlier in this thread. do some reading when this thread first started before calling someone ignorant. Marijuana might, and i emphasize on the word might, help against lung cancer, which still really hasnt been proven yet. But it does more harm than good.. Studies conducted in M.D. Anderson prove that marijuana increases the risk in head/neck cancers as well as testicular cancer.

"Young men who smoke marijuana are more likely to develop an aggressive form of testicular cancer than those who have never tried the drug, a study has found.

Smoking the drug at least once a week, or using it regularly from adolescence, doubled the risk of a fast-growing form of the disease called nonseminoma, which tends to strike men in their 20s and 30s, researchers said."

"A study by researchers from the University of California at Los Angeles, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, and Arizona Cancer Center has linked smoking marijuana with an increased risk of head and neck cancers."
    check these links out:

Marijuana may raise testicular cancer risk: study - http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...5181BP20090209

Smoking Marijuana May Increase Cancer Risk - http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/co...ancer_Risk.asp

Cannabis doubles testicular cancer risk, says US study - http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...-cannabis-risk

these as credible refrences which are from the american cancer society as well as other institutes who spend millions of dollars conducting cancer reasearch. if your looking for a credible refrences from www.mowie-wowie.com, sorry they might tell you what you want to hear in regards to how marijuana can cure all of lifes ailments. shyt they might even tell you the cure for AIDS is in THC.
    [/quote]

Are you Michael Jackson on South Park?! "That's ignorant." You're not ignorant, you're an idiot. I cited sciencedaily.com, and also don't smoke marijuana. You're an idiot because you:

-Are grammatically incorrect quite frequently

-Don't bother to look at other people's links before attacking them, then coming up with only paltry reports that back up your point

-Your studies are about smoking, not THC; smoking is bad

So, case in point, just stop calling people ignorant because they don't agree with your unreasonable views on the health benefits of Marijuana, which doctors now prescribe in 13 states, and I'll trust a medical doctor before someone who writes "your" in lieu of "you're."

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=33432.msg1001571#msg1001571 date=1254375409]
    [quote author=DeathtoDenny link=topic=33432.msg1001570#msg1001570 date=1254375245]
    "The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm
    And the leading ingredient in mr. Clean makes your floor shiny and clean with a hint of lemony freshness, but it sure as hell won't do that to your insides.

Not trying to bash weed or anything, but to claim it is good for you, and has absolutely no adverse affects is pure ignorance.
    Read the article, or google all the medicinal benefits of tetrahydrocannabinol before you start talking about "ignorance." It helped one of my friends, who died of cancer, live longer by enabling him to eat and relieving his pain.
    lol, i gotta agree with i bleed purple here.. to say it is good for you and cant cause any problems, that is just ignorance. yes weed might have a few positive effects, such as enabling cancer patients to eat, etc. but it does more
    harm than good in the long haul for the general public who just wants to toke up, but the same cant be said for patients who already have cancer.

on a side note, to use marijuana for pain, doesnt make any sense to me. most of my patients are already on morphine, i.e. very strong
    pain killers, so to give them marijuana would probably be unjust for pain.
    I like how you "LOL" after I talk about a friend dying of cancer. And I really don't understand where you're getting that MJ is detrimental to health when not smoked. It's an all natural pain killer with the same chemicals the brain releases already. You mention morphine, a horrifically addictive opiate that HEROIN was invented to cure? Opiates ruin people's lives if they don't kill them.
    And you're both ignorant. Neither of you can back up your claims that marijuana is harmful, yet you keep throwing around the term "ignorant." Often, trying to have a logical conversation on this site about anything other than football is like having a catch with a paraplegic, but you two anti-intellectuals need to back up your claims (with independent studies, not funded by the drug czar) or don't contribute. I posted a study that says marijuana reduces cancer's ability to spread IN LUNG CANCER and both of you ignore it, proof that you have your tiny minds made up and have closed them to any further knowledge.
    1st off my ignorant friend.. I wrote "LOL" because you simply did not understand that the point that "I bleed purple" made..
    2nd, your basing your entire argument on the story of one patient. Look kid, im sorry you lost ur friend. ive dealth with thousands of cancer patients, thats my field, its what i do for a living. About one third of cancer patients in active therapy and about two thirds of patients with advanced disease have significant pain, and the major reason why cancer is painful is that it invades tissues, like bone, or soft tissue like muscle, and compresses the nerves and produces pain in that way. the pain that is caused from certain cancers for example, certain sarcomas such as osteosarcomas, cause unbareable pain for the patient. to give them a joint to smoke will do nothing for them except maybe tickle there belly a lil bit. i would say about 99% of cancer patients are on some form of opiate or morphine. is it highly addictive? yes. but does it knock the pain down, you bet it does. its given to patients and monitored very closely by an oncologist.

as for the studies you mentioned, i posted studies earlier in this thread. do some reading when this thread first started before calling someone ignorant. Marijuana might, and i emphasize on the word might, help against lung cancer, which still really hasnt been proven yet. But it does more harm than good.. Studies conducted in M.D. Anderson prove that marijuana increases the risk in head/neck cancers as well as testicular cancer.

"Young men who smoke marijuana are more likely to develop an aggressive form of testicular cancer than those who have never tried the drug, a study has found.

Smoking the drug at least once a week, or using it regularly from adolescence, doubled the risk of a fast-growing form of the disease called nonseminoma, which tends to strike men in their 20s and 30s, researchers said."

"A study by researchers from the University of California at Los Angeles, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, and Arizona Cancer Center has linked smoking marijuana with an increased risk of head and neck cancers."
    check these links out:

Marijuana may raise testicular cancer risk: study - http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...5181BP20090209

Smoking Marijuana May Increase Cancer Risk - http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/co...ancer_Risk.asp

Cannabis doubles testicular cancer risk, says US study - http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...-cannabis-risk

these as credible refrences which are from the american cancer society as well as other institutes who spend millions of dollars conducting cancer reasearch. if your looking for a credible refrences from www.mowie-wowie.com, sorry they might tell you what you want to hear in regards to how marijuana can cure all of lifes ailments. shyt they might even tell you the cure for AIDS is in THC.
    [/quote]

Are you Michael Jackson on South Park?! "That's ignorant." You're not ignorant, you're an idiot. I cited sciencedaily.com, and also don't smoke marijuana. You're an idiot because you:

-Are grammatically incorrect quite frequently

-Don't bother to look at other people's links before attacking them, then coming up with only paltry reports that back up your point

-Your studies are about smoking, not THC; smoking is bad

So, case in point, just stop calling people ignorant because they don't agree with your unreasonable views on the health benefits of Marijuana, which doctors now prescribe in 13 states, and I'll trust a medical doctor before someone who writes "your" in lieu of "you're."
    [/quote]

lol didnt know there was a grammar teacher correcting my spelling/punctuation.. lol and if thats the point you have to make to try and win your argument then "You're the idiot!" LOL.. and by the way my good ignorant friend, you cited science daily, i cited the american cancer soiciety, i wonder who trumps who? lol i find this really amusing, and also, my refrences talk about smoking marijuana, and also the the effects of marijuana which cause testicular cancer. last time i checked people smoke with their mouth, not with their dick

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

KNOCK OFF the personal attacks or the whole thread is locked.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031