Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Thread: marijuana

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: marijuana

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I forget dude, but hit this before the cherry goes out. Quick, I know it's dark but put on some sunglasses to fool everyone that we're not high 8) 8)
    But duuude, they're still going to KNOW.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

So I just had applied at Target today.
    They instantly gave me two interviews and just called to offer me a job.
    I have to have a piss test done within twenty four hours though.
    Why did 4-20 have to be so recent.
    BS

Looks like I will be drinking a lot of vinegar tonight and tomorrow.
    :-X

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"Billy" wrote:
    BS

Call Onterrio Smith and ask him if you can borrow an item of his property .....

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    BS

Stores like that usually only test you once, so after your hired you can do anything you want as long as you don't act suspicious.
    8)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Json" wrote:

......In other words, THC basically causes brain activity to slow down.

Found this on a hiphop reveiw site referenced below, about a group called Potluck...to be honest I don't really care for the music that much, but none the less the above paragraphs from the person who reviewed the album says exactly how I feel so well that I had to share.

http://www.hiphoplinguistics.com/reviews/albums/2007/straightouttahumboldt.php

Read those words again to yourself a few times & then ask yourself, "What will happen when a 6-10 year old kid suddenly runs out in front of my car to retrieve a ball or when I need to react quickly to avoid am accident or some other type of injury."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Json" wrote:
    Marijuana and the Brain
    Back in grade school, way before I started smoking herb, I remember watching a video on how marijuana affects the brain. The video displayed a cartoon drawing of the human brain and cells moving around rapidly inside it. The cells were flying all around, bouncing off each other, and creating all kinds of havoc. This, it said, was the normal functionality of the brain. The cartoon brain then inhaled some marijuana, and it showed a cloudy substance called THC slowly fill the brain in the spaces between the rapidly moving cells. This THC created a barrier between the brain cells, causing them to move slower and not bounce off of each other so quickly. And that was not a good thing. For some reason, that image has always stuck in my memory.

Years later and well into my existence as a pothead, I curiously researched this effect to find that the video showed what scientists feel is a real depiction of the affects of marijuana on the brain. Scientifically speaking, the human brain contains cells called neurons that process information. These neurons communicate with each other using chemicals called neurotransmitters, which bind to a neuron’s protein receptors and fill the gaps between individual neurons. When THC is introduced to the brain, it blocks the actions of the neurotransmitters and binds with special cannabinoid receptors to interfere with normal neuron functions. In other words, THC basically causes brain activity to slow down.
    Now what I have always found interesting about the affects of THC on the brain is the simple assumption that temporarily slowing down brain function is bad for us. All day long, while we’re sitting in our cubicles or serving fries and milkshakes or robbing hardworking people of their pensions, we are constantly thinking and our brain cells are bouncing around like crazy. Well, maybe that’s bad for us. Maybe a little THC in moderation intended to slow that down is actually a good thing. Maybe relaxing your brain cells from time to time actually helps you not go crazy and live longer. I don’t know man … but considering the fact that we still know next to nothing about the real functionalities or complexities of the brain, that theory seems feasible to me.

Found this on a hiphop reveiw site referenced below, about a group called Potluck...to be honest I don't really care for the music that much, but none the less the above paragraphs from the person who reviewed the album says exactly how I feel so well that I had to share.

I know it already says 'temporarily' about the brain activity slowing down, but how long is "temporarily" here? And I've always heard that there are lasting affects when this happens. Someone shed some light?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Read those words again to yourself a few times & then ask yourself, "What will happen when a 6-10 year old kid suddenly runs out in front of my car to retrieve a ball or when I need to react quickly to avoid am accident or some other type of injury."
    The way I see it, it's the parent's job to make sure their kids don't run out on the street. If they do, stupid kid. Survival of the fittest ;D
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

More and more evidence leans toward pot NOT having lasting effects. Sorry I'm not linking anything, but a couple of my brothers have sent me links supporting no long term effects(they're convincing me to be a pot head.... it's not working too well).
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

The way I see it, it's the parent's job to make sure their kids don't run out on the street. If they do, stupid kid. Survival of the fittest ;D

I beleive that causing the brain to slow down isn't all that bad. When im baked i usually just overthink things and really just think of the reasoning behind whats goin on. Like when im in math class stoned(not anymore though), it takes longer to get but when I do get it I grasp it alot better... Higher learning.

This is true for me, i know a couple people that are the same. Some people are the complete opposite. Marijuana effects everybody differently that's why you can't tell people its right or wrong.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    More and more evidence leans toward pot NOT having lasting effects. Sorry I'm not linking anything, but a couple of my brothers have sent me links supporting no long term effects(they're convincing me to be a pot head.... it's not working too well).
    I guarantee that....wait, what was I talking about again??...oh yeah, I guarantee that there is no....shit, ah, well, you know what I was going to say.
    I'm hungry.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast