Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Kangaroo Farts Have No Methane

OK...so the next big solutiion step to the "Global Warming"/ "Ozone depletion" crises has hit the fan folks. It seems that livestock such as cows, pigs, sheep etc create and pass a lot of methane gas. Scientists are experimenting on a way to control this by adding the bacteria from Kangaroo stomachs to those of the livestock.

Wonder if they will smell any different?? I have just about pulled out my last hair over all the enviornmental impact stuff going on out here in my area. They just passed a new law here. Now it's illegal to burn real wood in our fire places. They are talking about outlawing gas powered mowers and barbecuing with charcoal soon.

Wonder how long it's gonna be before they hook a meter up to our butts and charge us a fee for expelling gas/methane?

This stuff is really getting out of hand!!! You all should consider yourselves so fortunate not to live in California. If my job wasn't so locked in here I'd be out so fast I'd just be a puff of gas leaving the state!!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kangaroo Farts Have No Methane

What they should really do is ban swimming pools, because water vapour is by far the #1 greenhouse gas.
    :

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

If we could all just fart like kangaroos the world would be a better place

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Heard this on the radio the other day.
    Go roos!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Sew Al Gore's butt crack together and see if that helps first.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Sew Al Gore's butt crack together and see if that helps first.
    Why?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    OK...so the next big solutiion step to the "Global Warming"/ "Ozone depletion" crises has hit the fan folks. It seems that livestock such as cows, pigs, sheep etc create and pass a lot of methane gas. Scientists are experimenting on a way to control this by adding the bacteria from Kangaroo stomachs to those of the livestock.

Wonder if they will smell any different?? I have just about pulled out my last hair over all the enviornmental impact stuff going on out here in my area. They just passed a new law here. Now it's illegal to burn real wood in our fire places. They are talking about outlawing gas powered mowers and barbecuing with charcoal soon.

Wonder how long it's gonna be before they hook a meter up to our butts and charge us a fee for expelling gas/methane?

This stuff is really getting out of hand!!! You all should consider yourselves so fortunate not to live in California. If my job wasn't so locked in here I'd be out so fast I'd just be a puff of gas leaving the state!!

Cheers!

I had heard about some of the bans, but now you can't burn real wood in your own fireplace?
    > What do they want you to burn...duraflame? My question is: How many of California's legislators own stock in Duraflame?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Frostbite is offline Coach

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I had heard about some of the bans, but now you can't burn real wood in your own fireplace?
    > What do they want you to burn...duraflame? My question is: How many of California's legislators own stock in Duraflame?

Yep...presto logs/duraflame is ok....but real wood isn't. It's a "Revenue Collection" Nightmare here in Northern CA folks. They take photos at intersections now when the lights change(Talk about Lazy Law Enforcement)...have a special parking task force (Not just meter maids...they have those too) that come around the heighborhood and measure how far away your wheels are from the curb. They ticket you for even having a for sale sign on your car if it's parked on the street here. If you are 16 years old or older you can't even catch a Bull Frog here without a license. When you go to buy your Fishing License here it's one price for the general license then they charge you extra for each stamp you add on for Salmon/Bass/Saltwater etc. They are going to start metering our water next summer and sending out notices of over-watering citations if your lawn water runs down the street.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The funny thing is those duraflame "logs" probably have more harmful chemicals in them than anything in a normal log.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The funny thing is those duraflame "logs" probably have more harmful chemicals in them than anything in a normal log.

You know, I thought the same exact thing...but apparently, they are going GREEN.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d..._BIZ/711220317
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast