Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I've got a secret (warning, dirty :P)

how is that funny?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    As soon as i saw it was with Adam sandler I knew it wasn't funny. Sorry i know alot of people like him but he is one of the most unfunny and overrated comedians of all time IMO
    well he tells immature humor mainly...
    :P so if thats not your thing, don't expect you to like him
    I like Immature Humor, Just don't think He is funny, His better roles have actually been when he is not funny. Reign over me. Although I did like the remake of Longest Yard

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    As soon as i saw it was with Adam sandler I knew it wasn't funny. Sorry i know alot of people like him but he is one of the most unfunny and overrated comedians of all time IMO
    well he tells immature humor mainly...
    :P so if thats not your thing, don't expect you to like him
    I like Immature Humor, Just don't think He is funny, His better roles have actually been when he is not funny. Reign over me. Although I did like the remake of Longest Yard
    have to give Adam Sandler one thing tho.. by a lot some of Hollywood as "perfect"
    He rights most of his own movies (with some help of course), stars in most (not lately however), produces them, and has an huge cast of friends that he can always call upon to star in his movies.
    Because of how he treats his friends and colleagues.. he can pretty much do whatever he wants

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Sandlers got his funny stuff. He can be hit and miss.
    I don't know he did a pretty good Cajun-Man or Opera-Man on SNL.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He's got some good stuff for sure, but i'm in the "he's lost a bit" crowd.
    His earlier movies were great (Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy, the Wedding Singer, Big Daddy)
    lately his newer movies have been big cheesefests (Click, 50 first dates, etc.)
    I think he's realized that there are a lot of people who don't like him because of his immature attitude towards comedy, and tried to change a bit, but by changing he's losing some of his original fans.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He's got some good stuff for sure, but i'm in the "he's lost a bit" crowd.
    His earlier movies were great (Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy, the Wedding Singer, Big Daddy)
    lately his newer movies have been big cheesefests (Click, 50 first dates, etc.)
    I think he's realized that there are a lot of people who don't like him because of his immature attitude towards comedy, and tried to change a bit, but by changing he's losing some of his original fans.

Yea, but he also produced Grandma's Boy which was f'ing hillarious... and say what you will about Click, but that movie was unbelievably sad
    :'( lol

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Blog Entries

i'm not saying he doesn't do decent films, but he's lost the pure comic side to him.
    BIlly Madison and Happy Gilmore are his 2 finest movies ever.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are the best for sure.

He did kind of sell out, but he is also a super millionaire now, so I don't blame him too much.
    He is still funny in my book, but he has not equaled his earlier movies IMO.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are the best for sure.

He did kind of sell out, but he is also a super millionaire now, so I don't blame him too much.
    He is still funny in my book, but he has not equaled his earlier movies IMO.
    its definatly unfair to say he sold out, Sandler makes the films that he wants to, and thats what he's done.
    He tried something new, and didn't completely work out.
    Like i've said before, he's one of the few lucky ones in Hollywood that can pretty much do a movie about anything they want
    :P

I won't disagree that he's fallen off some, like others have said, Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore kicked ass.
    So did Waterboy, Mr Deeds, Wedding Singer, Little Nicky, and Big Daddy, all of his "older" films.

50 First Dates, Spanglish, Eight Crazy Nights, and especially... Punch Drunk Love, definatly weren't as good most have come to expect from a movie donning the name "Adam Sandler".
    But I'm not completely disappointed, I'm a fan of Click.
    The Longest Yard is one of my favorite movies.
    Grandma's Boy is hillarious (ik he's not in it, but its his genius that made it).
    Anger Management wasn't terrible.. Then I also liked both Reign Over Me and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

Plus he's still at it.
    Strange Wilderness was a Happy Madison Production (which i heard seemed like it was rushed... and didn't meet standards, havn't seen it), he's starring in a movie called You Don't Mess with the Zohan to be released later this year, and is supposedly going to be in a movie called
    Bedtime Stories this year thats still in production, and a Judd Apatow comedy in 2009.

All of the current films he has out (besides Strange Wilderness) that I named.. I liked 11 out of 15 of them.
    Thats not bad imo.

- Dan Calabrese

Blog Entries

yea, i'm saying he's garbage now, his movies are good, just not as good as they used to be.
    There's a difference between making a decent movie (anger management), and making a great movie (Billy Madison).
    He hasn't been in a great movie in quite some time, only decent to mediocre ones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast