Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: A Hilarous Prank!

"SageVike" wrote:
    u dont understand if ur sick u got bacteria in ur mouth an germs so when u swish it around in ur mouth(no homer) its killin the germs which burn like HELL!
    The bacteria in your mouth isn't what makes a person sick.
    Plus, Listerine kills almost all bacteria, the bad and the good.

I take it you didn't learn from the prank.

btw, thanks to singer, I got my buzz on and my breath is minty fresh.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SageVike" wrote:
    u dont understand if ur sick u got bacteria in ur mouth an germs so when u swish it around in ur mouth(no homo) its killin the germs which burn like HELL!
    You have bacteria & germs in your mouth everyday, regardless if you are sick or not.

Einstein, that is exactly what Listerine was intended for, to kill germs & bacteria in your mouth & be used on a daily basis.

Read the bottle.

Listerine is a brand name for antiseptic mouthwash, named after the English physician Joseph Lister (father of modern antiseptics) who had performed the first antiseptic surgery ever in 1865. Its medicinal taste is palliated slightly by a sweet flavor. Its slogan is "Kills germs that cause bad breath", though halitosis can return after use, even if nothing "extra" is placed in the mouth. This happens because saliva washes away the product, allowing the body's natural bacteria to repopulate the area.

Listerine is one of the most popular mouthwashes sold in the U.S. It is currently manufactured and distributed by Johnson and Johnson when it acquired Pfizer's consumer healthcare division in late December of 2006. Procter & Gamble's Scope is its main competitor.

The active ingredients are menthol, thymol, methyl salicylate, and eucalyptol. Ethanol or grain alcohol is present in concentrations of 21.6% for all flavored Listerine Antiseptic and 26% in the original gold Listerine Antiseptic w/v. At the concentrations in Listerine, ethanol per se does not have antimicrobial activity but rather serves to dissolve the active ingredients and to facilitate the penetration of the active ingredients into dental plaque.[verification needed]

Listerine has many therapeutic uses that contribute to oral health when used regularly as an adjunct to mechanical oral hygiene procedures (toothbrushing and flossing). In clinical studies it has been shown that using Listerine regularly can reduce plaque bacteria by up to an additional 52% more than merely brushing and flossing. Listerine is the only branded over-the-counter mouthwash to receive the American Dental Association's Seal of Acceptance for helping to control dental plaque and gingivitis. In addition, an FDA Advisory Panel has recommended that the active ingredients in Listerine be classified as Category I (safe and effective) for antiplaque and antigingivitis activity.

The Listerine brand name is also used on toothpaste, a Listerine Whitening rinse, a new Listerine Flouride rinse (Listerine Tooth Defense), Listerine Agent Cool Blue (children's plaque disclosing rinse) and on PocketPaks, a minty, dissolvable strip whose marketing claims it "instantly wash[es] and refresh[es] the mouth." In the late summer of 2005, Listerine began selling PocketMist, which is a breath-freshener in spray form.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=330 01.new#new

Its slogan is "Kills germs that cause bad breath"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"SageVike" wrote:
    u dont understand if ur sick u got bacteria in ur mouth an germs so when u swish it around in ur mouth(no homer) its killin the germs which burn like HELL!
    Are you crazy??
    That stuff "KILLS GERMS ON CONTACT!"
    Now you have a head full of dead, decaying germs in your mouth.
    Quick....gargle with some tabasco sauce.....it is the only thing that will get those rotting germs out!

DISCLAIMER:
    I am not a doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once!
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Are you crazy??

Quick....gargle with some tabasco sauce.....it is the only thing that will get those rotting germs out!

DISCLAIMER:

;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    That's classic.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"so-cal" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Are you crazy??

DISCLAIMER:
    ;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    That's classic.
    but i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geicho

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Are you crazy??

DISCLAIMER:

;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    That's classic.
    The Geico commercials are offensive.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Are you crazy??

DISCLAIMER:

;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    That's classic.
    It could have been worse....he could have called you a nappy headed caveman!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "SageVike" wrote:
    Are you crazy??

DISCLAIMER:

;D
    ;D ;D ;D
    That's classic.
    Take it to your shrink.

SageVike is offline Starter

HEY! Do i smell hi jackin! ..... So no1 has ever had their mouth burnin after they used listerine?

"SageVike" wrote:
    HEY! Do i smell hi jackin! ..... So no1 has ever had their mouth burnin after they used listerine?
    No, you just smell.

j/k

Sure our mouths burn after using Listerine, just not enough to make us cry.

:'(

I'll also bet that you're the only one here who thought Listerine could kill the common cold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast