Its the final half hour for me so Im going to put in my favorite posts from me because in a half hour it will be lost forever anyways.

1.The problem
It wasn't Johnson’s fault. I always hated the stupid 2nd round draft choice since the beginning. I really did try to stay optimistic from my first blog but it didn’t last. Everyone loved him though. That he’s what the team needs. They were looking for Daunte Culpepper who I never liked either. He is a even crappier version of him who didn’t seem too mobile against the nfl linebackers because everyone in the nfl is as good and better then the best in your division 2 school. Green Bay gave him a little welcome to the NFL greeting. In green bay they talk about how different it would have been if Troy made that catch downfield. He practically had to do the limbo while outrunning the cornerback for the ball to hit his shoulder! Put the ball a few feet in front of him and that’s 6. That’s the deep ball he supposedly can throw.
Oh the veteran Brad Johnson sucks let’s put in this 3rd string, division 2 quarterback from a crappy school. He's more quote "mobile" then Johnson. Oh it was all his fault. He couldn't throw it long. He throws before the first down marker on 3rd down. He can’t scramble or move from the pocket.
Then Tavaris Jackson gets in there and suddenly everyone else gets worse supposedly, say the fans, and when he stinks it up worst then Johnson its the wide receivers who can't catch a ball, oh it's the offensive line not holding a block long enough and the play calling from Childress that every thing got worst when T. Jackson got in. Brad Johnson had to deal with the same crap except he took all the heat for all of it and idiot fans blamed him and it got to brad Childress. It was a bad move.

Hope in Childress
My only hope I have is that Brad Childress was just giving Tavaris Jackson two games of experience so next year he'll know what to expect from the nfl or a heck of a lot better something that wouldn’t include TJack he wanted to see for himself if this so called prodigy is really as good as the fans say. Then he could see if he needs a new qb for the off season (Which he probably figured out he does). The bad though is either way he gave up on the season which held playoff hopes which was wrong If we had played Brad Johnson and if we could have won those last two games gone 8-8 and gone to the playoffs.

Don’t give up on playoff hopes
And this is how. We beat the tiebreaker with NYG who went 8-8 because they lost to Seattle, We beat Atlanta even if they did happen to beat Phily but they went 7-9, because our NFC conference record was better and we win the their tiebreaker. We beat the Carolina Panthers. We could have beat St. Louis so that would make them 7-9. SF lost to Arizona so they went 7-9. Green Bay would have gone 7-9 too if we got some frickin’ first down and burned clock with brad and won the GB game. So we would have beat everyone for the tiebreaker if they did go 8-8, except San Francisco and Dallas but SF went 7-9 and Dallas can go in with us but the only team that did was NYG who we beat in tiebreaker. The only team we don't beat was Dallas for the wild card so we would have gotten the number 2 spot and once you get to the playoff who cares what you did in the regular season none of that matters. You have to win out just like the 14-2 team next to you.

Next year’s looks hopeful
Childress didn't see our playoff hopes. So now Childress knows this guys sucks so he got to get a qb and a wr target. All Donavon McNabb (PHI), Michael Vick(ATL), Jeff Garcia(PHI) and
Matt Shaub (ATL) say they aren't going to settle for 2nd string. They all are 1st string material obviously. So two of those four say they’ll go free agent, probably Matt Shaub and Jeff Garcia, so one of those would be a lot better then now and with a seventh pick we can go for one of the top 3 draft WR in the draft to give that guy a target. There's Teddy Ginn Jr., the electrifying #7, who can return kicks which we need from the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, or Dwayne Jarret from the USC Trojans. And most the picks in front of us don't really need a WR so at least two of the three WR will remain for our pick. We get a coach in a couple years after Childress proves himself one way or another and we got ourselves a super bowl team because the WR will develop and our qb will as well and then everything will start looking up.

Jeah but our prodigy didn't seem too mobile tonight when he was taking a beating from a mediocre defense. He wasn't too mobile when he tried to outrun the linebackers. He tried running on several instances and didn't gain more then a couple yards except for that last series at the end when he didn't even have the sense to get out of bounch. That stuff might have worked in his division 2 college school but you know what. Welcome to the NFL, Tavaris Jackson. Try that on Leonard Little or Witherspoon next week.

2.TJack sucks
He is not smart. He's one of those guys who thows when hes open not when he's about to break and get open which even Brad Johnson did. All good qbs in the nfl go by that to get good. Only starter that don't are guys like Michael Vick who we can all agree is no better than a running back with a strong arm.
He tries to run when he can't. Because in the NFL everyone is faster then any linebacker in TJacks AA league. That's why he had more sacks then yards. He took a beating because he either took too much time looking for the open guy or trying to run. We had one first dow against Green Bay and that was all
Chester Taylor on 2nd and 10. H e didn't look too mobile in that game now did he. He didn't even get that great of a 40 time to be called fast. Why we traded up for him in the 2nd round i'll never know. He was projeced a 5th rounder. They say he has a rocket arm the farthest i saw him throw was something like 50 yrds to Troy W. in the Green Bay Game and Troy pretty much had to slow way down from what speed he was going and do the limbo for it to barely hit his shoulder pad. If he had the "rocket arm" he would have thrown it a few more feet in front of the guy and that would have been six. He just needed more arm and from how hard he was trying to thow it, it didn't look like he had much more.

If Tavaris Jackson is our future I'm scared.

QUOTE- NodakPaul
OK, here goes...

1. You say "He is not smart".

What are you basing that off from?
Seriously, where in the hell did you get that?
Every interview I have seen with TJ has shown him to be rather articulate.
It is kind of funny to see someone who misuses punctuation, spells words wrong, and doesn't bother with paragraphs to insult someone else's intelligence.
If you live in a glass house...

2. "He's one of those guys who thows when hes open not when he's about to break and get open which even Brad Johnson did.
All good qbs in the nfl go by that to get good. Only starter that don't are guys like Michael Vick who we can all agree is no better than a running back with a strong arm. "
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say here.
I think you are implying that TJ waits for the receiver to get open before he throws to him, whereas Brad would throw the pass on a timing route to where the receiver should be after the break.
Fair enough, I saw some of this too, especially in the Green Bay game.
You know, the Green Bay game, the rookie's first ever NFL start, on national TV, in a storied stadium, in poohie weather, after spending the entire season up to that point throwing to the practice squad.
If you expected him to have mastered WCO and timing routes like a 38 YOA veteran by that point you were smoking.
It is called being a rookie.

At least we can agree on the Vick comment.

3. "He tries to run when he can't. Because in the NFL everyone is faster then any linebacker in TJacks AA league. That's why he had more sacks then yards."
ummm. OK.
TJ finished with 475 yards.
No comment needed.

4. "He took a beating because he either took too much time looking for the open guy or trying to run."
Actually you are correct.
This is exactly what happened in the GB game.
Refer to my comment under #2.
Rookie, first start, practice squad, yada yada yada...

5. "We had one first dow against Green Bay and that was all
Chester Taylor on 2nd and 10."
Again, stop trying to pull stats out of your jiggly butt when you don't know what you are talking about.
We had 3 first downs against GB.
Two rushing and one passing.
I know, it takes sooooo long to log onto nfl.com and look up real facts, but it keeps you from looking like an idiot.

6. "H e didn't look too mobile in that game now did he. He didn't even get that great of a 40 time to be called fast. "
What was his time in the 40?
I honestly don't know myself... although based on your previous stats, I doubt you do either.

7. "Why we traded up for him in the 2nd round i'll never know. He was projeced a 5th rounder. "
Funny, I saw most boards as projecting him in the fourth.
But that doesn't matter.
Would you rather have Mel Kiper in our draft room.
His projections are ALWAYS right on the money you know...

8. "They say he has a rocket arm the farthest i saw him throw was something like 50 yrds to Troy W. in the Green Bay Game and Troy pretty much had to slow way down from what speed he was going and do the limbo for it to barely hit his shoulder pad. If he had the "rocket arm" he would have thrown it a few more feet in front of the guy and that would have been six. He just needed more arm and from how hard he was trying to thow it, it didn't look like he had much more."
LMAO.
50 yards in horrible conditions and he was still able to put it on the shoulder pad.
Yeah, his arm sucks.

I am sure it had nothing to do with the WR not being able to make adjustments.
Didn't he throw a couple of bombs in preseason?
I couldn'd find preseason stats anywhere, so I don't know for sure.
Plus, just because you have a strong arm doesn't mean you should bomb it out every time... -QUOTE

First I can really agree with your quote "It almost makes my day when people make asinine comments online.
It is always fun to pick them apart.
" It is fun.

Secondly I'm sorry I don't waste my time going through my post sitting on my butt making sure I made the right punctuations to make sure your comfortable

1. First im not really sure you can be "articulate" in a interview about a sport where two teams try and beat the crap out of each other. Second what I meant not grade smart or vocabulary smart. I meant smart in the only place it matters. On the field. Making reads. Recognizing defenses. Knowing timing routes basing when you throw it by either zone or man coverage. I don't care if he got D's in college as long as he can be qb smart. Hell 3/4 of the Seahawks don't even know where Beijing is. [(China) NFL Networks Sounds of the Game Matt
Hasselbeck asked his entire team one on one where they thought it was and the closest they got to what country was Asia] Knowing where to place the deep ball.

Quote from: Braddock on February 12, 2007, 01:59:38 pm
What does that guy mean "He just needed more arm and from how hard he was trying to throw it," ? He just flicked the ball with his wrist. That was nothing for him. I would be willing to bet he could throw 90 yards.

I might be mistaken on his effort towards that throw but you can chose two option. He either doesn't have the rocket arm people thought or its TJacks fault for not putting more effort into the throw to make it six. He puts more into it then a "flick of wrist" and thats 6 and we would have won. So chose Braddock.

2. I can level with you there. i accept he's a rookie and makes those mistakes.

3. what I was referring to was rushing and being mobile like most of the TJack fans seem to rave on about. I think that the quote you used should have been a little tip with the words like run and faster and it was the Green Bay game. He had a total of passing 475 yrds in 4 games, true but in the green Bay game he had something like 50 and 25 yrds worth of sacks. Compare that to how many yards he ran. he had one half decent run on the final series against the prevent defense after a sack and didn't even have the SMARTS to get out of bounce when time is running out. He thought he could run because he could in the AA division 1 school but running wasn't really the highlight of his starts. (Unless your referring to the highlight on NFL Networks Total Access where they showed the beating he took)

4. Again I guess I can accept that hes a rookie.

5. I resent the fact that you think I have jiggly butt.

6. His forty time was 4.75 seconds. (http://www.gbnreport.com/combineresults.html)Jay Cutler was .02 seconds slower but not many people talk about him being the next McNabb or Vick. If you look at that list there are quite a few qbs faster then TJack but I doubt there fans are trying to put them in because they're more "mobile". If you look more you'll even see lineman faster then TJack.
but hey I don't expect a qb to be fast as long as people to talk about how fast he is and put him over the current veteran qb for the reason that Tavaris Jackson can run and Brad can't. You should have seen by his games that he wasn't the great mobile qb.
Never assume. It just makes you look like a dumb @$$

7. Okay 4th round. Then why the He!! did we trade up for him in the 2nd round 2 rounds farther up then projected in case you can't do math. You're excuse for taking a guy 2 rounds farther up can't be that no one was left. We had something like pick 64 so how many players are there participating in the draft minus 64. That was who was left. And if we could get TJack 4th then take a shot at someone and get our so called prodigy even 3rd round would be okay if we hadn't traded it. Take a shot with someone who was left and fulfilled a need of ours who did decent in the combine because you can always get TJack in the fourth round instead of Ray Edwards DE if you felt strongly about TJack and get a better projected DE or someone else we needed.

8.He tried to make the adjustment he slowed down turned a bit and bent his back so it looked as though he was doing the limbo. Im not saying he should bomb it out every time. I hate people like rex grossman who would bomb it out before checking up most throw. Im a supporter of checking up (unless its 3rd down of course) But he did bomb it there and didn't get the job done. No where in my paragraph did I say he should throw it down field more often just that when he does he should BOMB IT and get it in front of him. Hit him in stride. He's a rookie okay make him slow a bit and or catch with his body. Troy seems fond of that anyways. As a rookie he should want to show off his arm in his first start anyways and make the throw.

PS. Want NFL stats. he's thrown twice as many INTs then TDs. He had, passing, 2 TDs. One against the Jets which he was falling down and made an idiotic throw that was a screen pass and against the prevent defense and Moore had a fantastic YAC breaking 4 tackles and getting into the endzone. Im not really going to hold TJack up in the air in joy for that one. Going out on a limb here but Im going to say it was mostly Moore on that TD. The other was a 3 yard pass down 41-14 against the Rams in the 4th quarter with a mediocre defense who where in prevent the whole drive.

3.Quote from: cajunvike on February 12, 2007, 05:55:03 pm
Do your research, PHOD...TJack wasn't a RUSHING QB in college...and he was originally a Arkansas recruit...he only went to I-AA because Matt Jones (who WAS more of a rushing QB - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=115524) was already the starter at QB for Arkansas.
Tony Romo was a I-AA QB and it doesn't seem to have hurt his chances of starting either.
Division I-AA QBs that have WON the Super Bowl include Kurt Warner and Doug Williams, to name at least two...and I think that Louisiana Tech was I-AA when Terry Bradshaw went there too.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10418&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2 f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftrack er%2fplayer%3fid%3d10418

And MOBILE does NOT equate to 40 time...it refers moreso to elusiveness...the kind of elusiveness that Romo showed this year that made Parcells bench Bledsoe.

No offense but I don't really think that Tavaris Jackson is quite at the same level as Tony Romo. And Tony Romo isn't a rookie. TJack is. Then MAYBE in a few years TJack will be like Romo (I have hopes but Im not liking the chance of improvement) do more research. Tony romo was second string for FOUR YEARS. Yes in 4 years in the NFL through training he played decent for half a season. It was his four years of watching the game, the teams and going through practice that helped his chance more then being from a I-AA which did hurt him 3 years previously. Give TJack four years and then you can compare the two.

If thats the logic you want to go by then Im okay with that. Lets get someone else in there to be our qb for 3-4 more years all right. Im just going by other post saying that he's a rushing qb by TJack fans. And the 261 attempts he had at rushing in 3 years according to the links you gave me. Also by the four games he was in where he attempted to run quite a few more times then Tony Romo usually does and guys like him. They resulted in quite a few sacks and a fumble lost. Thats what I go by to see if a guy's a rushing quarterback or a pocket one. Division and skill differ. Romos skill mostly came from 4 years in the NFL. Thats why I argued more points then just his school for how much he sucks. When
they started TJack some PPOers liked it and others didn't and those who were for him mostly relied on his "rocket arm and speed" He didn't seem too ELUSIVE when he was being pounded into the ground against the mediocre defense of Green Bay.

Also If you do your research you'll find that Terry Bradshaw stunk his first year or two at starting and even then he wasn't a rookie. Even his teammate said on NFL Networks America's Game he was horrible. Kurt Warner was one of the few exceptions their rookie year. Sure you can name a few good division I AA qbs or players but how many ended up 2nd or 3rd stringers. Some who started did horrible. Many that got cut. So if you truly believe that Tavaris Jackson is going to be the next Doug Williams or Terry Bradshaw then you should give him a few years on the bench before he will win us the Super Bowl. Get another guy for a bit before TJack comes out and becomes our "savior".

im going by a lot more then just he's from a division I-AA school. So if you're going to argue argue not just one point argue all of mine.

4. Tjack is awful. Vince young and Matt Leinart came from a division I-A school and were dominate in there league so you cant compare them. Tjack is from a division I-AA school and wasn't even that dominate. He was average and what was his teams record? He was good but guys like bradshaw were dominate in that DI-AA school. Matt Leinart and Vince Young went up against teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, UCLA, big time tough schools.

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ZBqT_H4Es

Bottom line is for you guys who say TJack did good. He wassn't bad> What ever crap. If Brad Johnson had those games you'd be nailing him to a cross for it.

PS. If you read this whole thing you probably have too much time and thanks though.