Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140
  1. #131
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    Rejecting radical Islam -- one man's journey

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/15/daveed.godswarriors/index.html

  2. #132
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'm glad to see this thread just in time to give my 2 cents, cause i live in holland and all.

    Personally i think what this guy is saying is BULL pooh!
    people like him are afraid for the islam, as whole europe is islamitisizing ( is that a word?), and also here in Holland we have some poblems with these 'foreigners' who have more rights sometimes i think then myself.

    I have not heard anybody, ANYBODY agreeing with this man and personally i'm ashamed for this man because what he said is in my eyes the biggest shitload of crap i've ever heard because does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    Well here in the states we had the kkk hanging people from trees and burning people who didnt agree with their views or share their skin color on the cross, who's work were they doing? Those people are terrorist as well, but claim to be proud Christians. Growing up I was raised Muslim by my father's (not him, the coward wasnt there) family and Jehovah's Witness by my grandmother (guess how much fun I had during holiday times) and that taught me one thing: When trying to find GOD dont look for religion. No one can tell you if there is or isnt a GOD we'll all find out when we die.


    On a side note thanks for not saying everyone of Islamic faith are terrorists. I have no religion but I do have fam that are Muslim. and Mr Holland I wasnt trying to attack you or your post
    None taken, and i agree that members of the KKK were/are terrorists because of what they've done and i do not approve of people who live that lifestyle. which bothers me the most is that here in holland we have over 1 million muslims. now there are some that adjust to the dutch way of life and respect dutch cultural but there are alot, and then i mean ALOT of muslims who think they are in their home country and don't give a pooh about Holland, and the whole western community but they do want to benefit of the wealth of the western world.

    But what i meant with the line of quote:does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    is that terrorists kill innocent people in the name of allah and therefor i do not think that i, or anybody else should ever use that name when they mean God.
    Terrorism is an idea rather than a group of people with common beliefs. You can't lump terrorists into the category of being entirely muslim. There are christian extremists terrorists. There are Jewish extremist terrorists and are somewhat common in israel as we see on the news they are capable of blowing up Palestinian buildings. I frankly think it's unfair to criticize the name Allah based on an extremist group of people. Is it the millions of peaceful muslims fault that there are muslim extremists in the world? No. If what you are saying is correct, we should not use the name "god" because of Christian and Jewish extremists who are interpreting their religion incorrectly. Your argument is faulted and if I were muslim I would be extremely offended.
    I have never said that there wern't extreme christians and extreme jewish people who are also terrorist, think of what happened in ireland. and i do know there are alot of good muslims, but the fact that terrorists kill in the name of allah because they do not approve of the western world would stop me from calling god allah.

    that is me personally, and it is my belief that if the terrorism does not stop ( which includes attacks on other muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and for example india ) i do not think that we should honor the name of allah as a name for god.

    Now i know why people should be offended but if you would ask a muslim if they would call allah god i think that alot of muslims wouldn't do that, which is their right and we have our rights.
    But the flaw in your argument is that Allah has to do with terrorism. It can be your opinion not to call god Allah but to say that no one should based on the extremists in this world?

    I do know muslims who occasionally call allah god because for them the words are interchangeable.

    It's perfectly fine that you don't call god Allah. That is entirely your choice. You said that NO ONE should use the word Allah because YOU have associated that word with Terrorism. That is lumping all of terrorists into one category. Your argument is completely flawed due to your lack of response to the christian and other terrorists using the name god in relation with terrorist ideas. Again, according to your beliefs, why should we use that name when they use it for terrorism? See the flaw in your logic?

  3. #133
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "RK." wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Video of the year!

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=33c_1187358686
    Great video and speech.
    Thanks enlvikeman.
    "we can get rid of the cancer of religion out of public life"

    He made some good points, but I don't think getting rid of all religion and calling it a cancer is something that I could support.

  4. #134
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=36725.msg620143#msg620143 date=1187478303]
    I'm glad to see this thread just in time to give my 2 cents, cause i live in holland and all.

    Personally i think what this guy is saying is BULL pooh!
    people like him are afraid for the islam, as whole europe is islamitisizing ( is that a word?), and also here in Holland we have some poblems with these 'foreigners' who have more rights sometimes i think then myself.

    I have not heard anybody, ANYBODY agreeing with this man and personally i'm ashamed for this man because what he said is in my eyes the biggest shitload of crap i've ever heard because does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    Well here in the states we had the kkk hanging people from trees and burning people who didnt agree with their views or share their skin color on the cross, who's work were they doing? Those people are terrorist as well, but claim to be proud Christians. Growing up I was raised Muslim by my father's (not him, the coward wasnt there) family and Jehovah's Witness by my grandmother (guess how much fun I had during holiday times) and that taught me one thing: When trying to find GOD dont look for religion. No one can tell you if there is or isnt a GOD we'll all find out when we die.


    On a side note thanks for not saying everyone of Islamic faith are terrorists. I have no religion but I do have fam that are Muslim. and Mr Holland I wasnt trying to attack you or your post
    None taken, and i agree that members of the KKK were/are terrorists because of what they've done and i do not approve of people who live that lifestyle. which bothers me the most is that here in holland we have over 1 million muslims. now there are some that adjust to the dutch way of life and respect dutch cultural but there are alot, and then i mean ALOT of muslims who think they are in their home country and don't give a pooh about Holland, and the whole western community but they do want to benefit of the wealth of the western world.

    But what i meant with the line of quote:does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    is that terrorists kill innocent people in the name of allah and therefor i do not think that i, or anybody else should ever use that name when they mean God.
    Terrorism is an idea rather than a group of people with common beliefs. You can't lump terrorists into the category of being entirely muslim. There are christian extremists terrorists. There are Jewish extremist terrorists and are somewhat common in israel as we see on the news they are capable of blowing up Palestinian buildings. I frankly think it's unfair to criticize the name Allah based on an extremist group of people. Is it the millions of peaceful muslims fault that there are muslim extremists in the world? No. If what you are saying is correct, we should not use the name "god" because of Christian and Jewish extremists who are interpreting their religion incorrectly. Your argument is faulted and if I were muslim I would be extremely offended.
    I have never said that there wern't extreme christians and extreme jewish people who are also terrorist, think of what happened in ireland. and i do know there are alot of good muslims, but the fact that terrorists kill in the name of allah because they do not approve of the western world would stop me from calling god allah.

    that is me personally, and it is my belief that if the terrorism does not stop ( which includes attacks on other muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and for example india ) i do not think that we should honor the name of allah as a name for god.

    Now i know why people should be offended but if you would ask a muslim if they would call allah god i think that alot of muslims wouldn't do that, which is their right and we have our rights.
    But the flaw in your argument is that Allah has to do with terrorism. It can be your opinion not to call god Allah but to say that no one should based on the extremists in this world?

    I do know muslims who occasionally call allah god because for them the words are interchangeable.

    It's perfectly fine that you don't call god Allah. That is entirely your choice. You said that NO ONE should use the word Allah because YOU have associated that word with Terrorism. That is lumping all of terrorists into one category. Your argument is completely flawed due to your lack of response to the christian and other terrorists using the name god in relation with terrorist ideas. Again, according to your beliefs, why should we use that name when they use it for terrorism? See the flaw in your logic?
    [/quote]
    i do not approve of any kind of terrorism from either religion let's that state first.

    My whole point is that i grew up with God and not with Allah and i'm not changing that because it's a principal matter and maybe God does not care how we call him but i do care about how i call him because that is improtant to me.

    i do not associate the name God with terrorism because it's something i grew up with, and i know muslims feel like the same way, for all i know they associate the name God with terrorism because of terrorist attacks ( i don't imply that ).

    i don't want you to hae the feeling that i'm saying that the islam is bad or muslims are bad i'm saying that terrorist are bad because they do these things in the name of Allah. now it could be their ignorence of Islam that they do what they do and say what they say but i still associate the name of Allah with terrorism because of what these people( terrorists not muslims) do.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #135
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    [quote author=vegasvike link=topic=36725.msg620200#msg620200 date=1187487471]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=36725.msg620143#msg620143 date=1187478303]
    I'm glad to see this thread just in time to give my 2 cents, cause i live in holland and all.

    Personally i think what this guy is saying is BULL pooh!
    people like him are afraid for the islam, as whole europe is islamitisizing ( is that a word?), and also here in Holland we have some poblems with these 'foreigners' who have more rights sometimes i think then myself.

    I have not heard anybody, ANYBODY agreeing with this man and personally i'm ashamed for this man because what he said is in my eyes the biggest shitload of crap i've ever heard because does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    Well here in the states we had the kkk hanging people from trees and burning people who didnt agree with their views or share their skin color on the cross, who's work were they doing? Those people are terrorist as well, but claim to be proud Christians. Growing up I was raised Muslim by my father's (not him, the coward wasnt there) family and Jehovah's Witness by my grandmother (guess how much fun I had during holiday times) and that taught me one thing: When trying to find GOD dont look for religion. No one can tell you if there is or isnt a GOD we'll all find out when we die.


    On a side note thanks for not saying everyone of Islamic faith are terrorists. I have no religion but I do have fam that are Muslim. and Mr Holland I wasnt trying to attack you or your post
    None taken, and i agree that members of the KKK were/are terrorists because of what they've done and i do not approve of people who live that lifestyle. which bothers me the most is that here in holland we have over 1 million muslims. now there are some that adjust to the dutch way of life and respect dutch cultural but there are alot, and then i mean ALOT of muslims who think they are in their home country and don't give a pooh about Holland, and the whole western community but they do want to benefit of the wealth of the western world.

    But what i meant with the line of quote:does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    is that terrorists kill innocent people in the name of allah and therefor i do not think that i, or anybody else should ever use that name when they mean God.
    Terrorism is an idea rather than a group of people with common beliefs. You can't lump terrorists into the category of being entirely muslim. There are christian extremists terrorists. There are Jewish extremist terrorists and are somewhat common in israel as we see on the news they are capable of blowing up Palestinian buildings. I frankly think it's unfair to criticize the name Allah based on an extremist group of people. Is it the millions of peaceful muslims fault that there are muslim extremists in the world? No. If what you are saying is correct, we should not use the name "god" because of Christian and Jewish extremists who are interpreting their religion incorrectly. Your argument is faulted and if I were muslim I would be extremely offended.
    I have never said that there wern't extreme christians and extreme jewish people who are also terrorist, think of what happened in ireland. and i do know there are alot of good muslims, but the fact that terrorists kill in the name of allah because they do not approve of the western world would stop me from calling god allah.

    that is me personally, and it is my belief that if the terrorism does not stop ( which includes attacks on other muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and for example india ) i do not think that we should honor the name of allah as a name for god.

    Now i know why people should be offended but if you would ask a muslim if they would call allah god i think that alot of muslims wouldn't do that, which is their right and we have our rights.
    But the flaw in your argument is that Allah has to do with terrorism. It can be your opinion not to call god Allah but to say that no one should based on the extremists in this world?

    I do know muslims who occasionally call allah god because for them the words are interchangeable.

    It's perfectly fine that you don't call god Allah. That is entirely your choice. You said that NO ONE should use the word Allah because YOU have associated that word with Terrorism. That is lumping all of terrorists into one category. Your argument is completely flawed due to your lack of response to the christian and other terrorists using the name god in relation with terrorist ideas. Again, according to your beliefs, why should we use that name when they use it for terrorism? See the flaw in your logic?
    [/quote]
    i do not approve of any kind of terrorism from either religion let's that state first.

    My whole point is that i grew up with God and not with Allah and i'm not changing that because it's a principal matter and maybe God does not care how we call him but i do care about how i call him because that is improtant to me.

    i do not associate the name God with terrorism because it's something i grew up with, and i know muslims feel like the same way, for all i know they associate the name God with terrorism because of terrorist attacks ( i don't imply that ).

    i don't want you to hae the feeling that i'm saying that the islam is bad or muslims are bad i'm saying that terrorist are bad because they do these things in the name of Allah. now it could be their ignorence of Islam that they do what they do and say what they say but i still associate the name of Allah with terrorism because of what these people( terrorists not muslims) do.
    [/quote]

    But again, not all terrorists are muslims. That statement implies that.

  6. #136
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    no i meant muslim terrorist, sorry for not putting that on a side note but as you've read my english isn't top notch
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  7. #137
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    I'm surprised this thread is still going. Maybe it's time to lock it before all heck breaks loose.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #138
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm surprised this thread is still going. Maybe it's time to lock it before all heck breaks loose.
    I second that thought.

  9. #139
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    14 pages is the breaking point?

  10. #140
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm surprised this thread is still going. Maybe it's time to lock it before all heck breaks loose.
    I second that thought.
    Then I reckon it's run its course!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Similar Threads

  1. Packers Desmond Bishop forgets ID
    By Purple Floyd in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. Nudists Sweat It Out at Dutch Gym
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
  3. Wisconsin Man Pleads No Contest to Cattle Relations
    By BerkleeVikesFan80 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 02:55 PM
  4. Phantom Holding call and BONEHEAD CALL
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
  5. Eagles released Blaine Bishop
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 03:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •