Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There is lots of theological discussion as to whether "Adam" and "Eve" were real people or a lot of people because the word "Adam" can mean "mankind" and "Eve" means womankind.
    Not saying I believe it, just more food for thought.
    That's because they derived that meaning from Adam & Eve. Supposedly the first man & woman

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There is lots of theological discussion as to whether "Adam" and "Eve" were real people or a lot of people because the word "Adam" can mean "mankind" and "Eve" means womankind.
    I can't see that as a good explanation due to the fact that Cain went to a different region to find a bride (Nod) and that region apparently already had a population of people. What I think it may lead to however is the possibility that God has some siblings that also created people in their likeness and as they were created, they mixed with each other and this provided the genetic diversity needed to sustain our species. Think about it, the sibling Gods wanted to differentiate between their creations so one made theirs white, one made theirs black, one made theirs with slanted eyes etc.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I can't see that as a good explanation due to the fact that Cain went to a different region to find a bride (Nod) and that region apparently already had a population of people. What I think it may lead to however is the possibility that God has some siblings that also created people in their likeness and as they were created, they mixed with each other and this provided the genetic diversity needed to sustain our species. Think about it, the sibling Gods wanted to differentiate between their creations so one made theirs white, one made theirs black, one made theirs with slanted eyes etc.
    That all started after the flood when Noah's son's dispersed into different regions to repopulate the earth, and all the different languages happened at the tower of babel

God didn't have siblings
    :

Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    That all started after the flood when Noah's son's dispersed into different regions to repopulate the earth, and all the different languages happened at the tower of babel

God didn't have siblings
    :
    Then explain who Cain's wife was and if she wasn't his sister, where she came from.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

God didn't have siblings
    :
    Then explain who Cain's wife was and if she wasn't his sister, where she came from.
    I've have had it explained to me, but I can't explain it well enough to explain it to someone....Pick Cojo or Ltrey's brains.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Problem with that theory is anyone not on the ark would have drowned in the great flood. So he had to have repopulated the earth with someone on the ark.

Also, If Cain & Abel were the only children of Adam & Eve, they would have had to have sex with either their mother or if there was a sister, with her.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Besides, any true Vikings fan knows that Odin is the true God.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'm glad to see this thread just in time to give my 2 cents, cause i live in holland and all.

Personally i think what this guy is saying is BULL pooh!
    people like him are afraid for the islam, as whole europe is islamitisizing ( is that a word?), and also here in Holland we have some poblems with these 'foreigners' who have more rights sometimes i think then myself.

I have not heard anybody, ANYBODY agreeing with this man and personally i'm ashamed for this man because what he said is in my eyes the biggest shitload of crap i've ever heard because does that mean we can kill innocent people in the name of allah?
    Well here in the states we had the kkk hanging people from trees and burning people who didnt agree with their views or share their skin color on the cross, who's work were they doing? Those people are terrorist as well, but claim to be proud Christians. Growing up I was raised Muslim by my father's (not him, the coward wasnt there) family and Jehovah's Witness by my grandmother (guess how much fun I had during holiday times) and that taught me one thing: When trying to find GOD dont look for religion. No one can tell you if there is or isnt a GOD we'll all find out when we die.

On a side note thanks for not saying everyone of Islamic faith are terrorists. I have no religion but I do have fam that are Muslim. and Mr Holland I wasnt trying to attack you or your post
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    That's because they derived that meaning from Adam & Eve. Supposedly the first man & woman
    So that snake could really talk?? We need to find more of these biblical time talking snakes with legs.

Schleppy is offline Starter

Well, alot of soul searching going on in the world. I have read books on alot of different religions and beliefs. I lived with a born again Christian (In Holland actually, ironic) while in the Air Force. I heard what he was saying, put didn't like the path to it. In my quest for answers, I became Catholic a few years ago, but even though I attend Mass with my family, I dont believe its the only path to salvation, if at all.
    I have a weird recurring thing that happens alot; I always since the time 12:34 on clocks. On scoreboards, oven clock, radio, etc. My locker number in high school was 1234. Anyway I google it and found this web site called reluctant messanger. It really answered some questions I had about, evolution and religion. I could never figure out how we had caveman millions of years ago and religion is only thousands of years old. I would suggest checking it out. Theres alot of information there. But those are someone elses words too. So in brief; I believe in most religions that teach the "Golden Rules", which most do. I believe we are all part of God in a way, if not actually an extension of him/her. We live our lives multiple times until we get it right. If you read some religious books, most say to look inside yourself.
    Why do bad things happen to people, why are children dying from cancer, etc.??
    I believe in previous lives we did bad things and are punished for them in this world. Its the only explanation that sits well with me. If you look at people as souls and not as young kids, elderly, etc.; it might make sense. Anyway, keep searching, live by the golden rules and help others and maybe we can all find the answer. Note: I am reading an old 1964 book called "He walk the Ameicas" by Taylor Hensen. It leads you to believe that Jesus; The Pale Healer came to our continent and visited with native americans and the people in Latin America.
    Remember, all history is recorded by Man; and we are not infalliable. God Bless

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast