Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20279326/?GT1=10252Updated: 10:29 a.m. CT Aug 15, 2007
    AMSTERDAM - A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television on Monday that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dutch bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20279326/?GT1=10252Updated: 10:29 a.m. CT Aug 15, 2007
    AMSTERDAM - A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television on Monday that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? ... What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."
    Fuck that...why don't they just call him God like the rest of us!
    I propose that we encourage every one of his parishoners to beat the bishop!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Fuck that...why don't they just call him God like the rest of us!
    Why not Jehova, or Jahve maybe.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

FUCK THAT SHIT... i will never say allah and mean it for my god

Thanks josdin00

"cogitans" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

floop that...why don't they just call him God like the rest of us!
    Why not Jehova, or Jahve maybe.
    Why not "The Big Kahuna" or "Top Dawg" or somesuch nonsensical name?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tb04512" wrote:
    floop THAT pooh... i will never say allah and mean it for my god
    Funny.
    You do realize that the Islamic Allah, the Christian God, the Jewish Yahweh, Jehova, YHWH, JHVH, or any of the other terms are actually referring to the same deity?
    Who cares what someone calls God?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Funny.
    You do realize that the Islamic Allah, the Christian God, the Jewish Yahweh, Jehova, YHWH, JHVH, or any of the other terms are actually referring to the same deity?
    Why don't we all ask God in our prayers tonight to give us a sign if he cares or not.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Funny.
    Obviously, MANY people do...otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

My wife calls me GOD sometimes...maybe in return you all could call GOD Cajunvike!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Funny.
    yes i do, but i am not Islamic therefore i do not say allah... my moms bf is a muslim and i will not put myself in the same category as him

Thanks josdin00

"tb04512" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    Funny.
    yes i do, but i am not Islamic therefore i do not say allah... my moms bf is a muslim and i will not put myself in the same category as him
    Like the category of people who believes in a monotheistic religion.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast