Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    Amazing video of a 155mm round Iraqi IED exploding. Graphic material.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=18f_1201000704
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  2. #2
    TheKnuck's Avatar
    TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    572

    Re: Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    Memo:
    Don't dig out 155mm rounds using hands or barrel of ak-47.
    prone to detonate.

  3. #3
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Amazing video of a 155mm round Iraqi IED exploding. Graphic material.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=18f_1201000704
    That is very disturbing and very sad. I don't think graphic describes that well enough, it is 4 Iraq volunteers getting blown away.

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Amazing video of a 155mm round Iraqi IED exploding. Graphic material.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=18f_1201000704
    That is very disturbing and very sad. I don't think graphic describes that well enough, it is 4 Iraq volunteers getting blown away.
    The costs of war...
    If it wasn't those 4 poor iraqi civilians it would have been somebody else.
    A group of school children playing tag outside?
    Think of how many lives those 4 already saved by removing other IEDs.


    I think the brutality effect of war is becoming much more prevelent in todays interent age then any war of the past.
    There are videos all over the internet of people getting blown away and your right, disturbing isn't even a fitting term.
    People are getting killed and blown up across the world every day due to war/conflict.
    It's been happening since the beginning of civilization and it will never go away.
    The difference is now we see this stuff actually happening instead of reading about it in newspapers and the reality of it is in your face.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    Man, that sucked. Those guys were trying to help. It looked stupid what they were doing, but in the Guard, I was trained as a Combat Engineer. We were taught how to deactivate some Ordinance. You can dig it up. I'll bet a bad guy was watching and set it off with a cellphone. It's not the ideal way to get to it, but it can be done. Armored vehicles like the Buffalo are best. Even blowing it in place is better then prying it up with your rifle. Too bad. I still think some a**hole was watching and set it off.
    Tuco the world.....

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Don't Mess with Live Rounds

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Man, that sucked. Those guys were trying to help. It looked stupid what they were doing, but in the Guard, I was trained as a Combat Engineer. We were taught how to deactivate some Ordinance. You can dig it up. I'll bet a bad guy was watching and set it off with a cellphone. It's not the ideal way to get to it, but it can be done. Armored vehicles like the Buffalo are best. Even blowing it in place is better then prying it up with your rifle. Too bad. I still think some a**hole was watching and set it off.
    62E10 prior to entering the Navy.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. The Vikings OL is a Bleeping Mess
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 12:59 PM
  2. MOVED: Don't Mess with Live Rounds
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 03:50 PM
  3. The Vikings’ QB situation is a mess
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM
  4. Excuse the Mess: Chat & More
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
  5. Mess of a success?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •