Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Breaking News: Reuters: Annheuser-Bush agrees to 50 billion takeover by InBev

Combination Will Create One of the World´s Five Largest Consumer Products Companies Company to be Named Anheuser-Busch InBev; Budweiser to Expand Globally Transaction Will Yield Cost Synergies of at Least $1.5 Billion Annually by 2011; Neutral to EPS in 2009 and Accretive Beginning in 2010 St. Louis, Missouri will be North American Headquarters and Global Home of Flagship Budweiser Brand Fully Committed to Support Wholesalers and Three-Tier System All U.S. Breweries to Remain Open; Commitment to Communities of Combined Company Maintained
    http://www.inbev.com/go/media/global_press_releases/10_most_recent_global_press_releases.cfm

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Re: Breaking News: Reuters: Annheuser-Bush agrees to 50 billion takeover by InB

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    btw, from what i hear from a friend, heres what they've said as for their plans for Budweiser and AB

They will be keeping the franchise name more or less, it will now be know as "Annheuser-Bush-InBev" from what i hear.
    Budweiser production etc will remain unchanged, they have no intentions of altering the beer in anyway, its already successful, but... They plan on doing what Annheuser should have done, and thats introducing it to 12-16 more countries than its currently distributed.
    Budweiser is already known and recognized internationally, because it helps sponsor world events and has its logo all over the place (they've been an Olympic sponsor in the past), so selling it in new markets won't be much of a problem
    Another reason for the purchase was North America's largest distribution system of beer.
    From what I read they are planning on selling their own beer in mass quantity that they currently sell in small amounts in certain areas of the country.
    Who knows, maybe they have some tasty brew.
    Well... they're the distributors of Becks and Stella Artois.
    Heres more.

http://www.inbev.com/go/brands.cfm

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Breaking News: Reuters: Annheuser-Bush agrees to 50 billion takeover by InBev

its nice that st louis is still headquarters, but it sucks to lose all of that history behind their ownership
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

http://www.inbev.com/go/brands/brand_portfolio/local_brands/skol.cfm

They have a beer called SKOL!

"Schutz" wrote:
    http://www.inbev.com/go/brands/brand_portfolio/local_brands/skol.cfm

They have a beer called SKOL!
    Yup i've known of that beer for a while now, just didn't know it was InBev until recently

[quote]In Brazil since 1967, Skol is today the leading beer brand in the Brazilian market and the world's third-best selling brand.

- Dan Calabrese

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Hell, Belgian beer is some of the best in the world and Bud and especially Busch are some of the worst. If anything, they won't make it any worse than it already is.
    :P

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Hell, Belgian beer is some of the best in the world and Bud and especially Busch are some of the worst. If anything, they won't make it any worse than it already is.
    i'll have to agree to disagree on the Bud being bad part, i mean, sure its not the same as beer in the rest of the world, but it most rankings it normally is pretty high for best beers in the world.

Besides, like i've said, the big thing isn't them change the beer (which they're not going to), its about America losing one of its largest corporations

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    i'll have to agree to disagree on the Bud being bad part, i mean, sure its not the same as beer in the rest of the world, but it most rankings it normally is pretty high for best beers in the world.

Besides, like i've said, the big thing isn't them change the beer (which they're not going to), its about America losing one of its largest corporations
    Granted I'm not big on bud myself, I still get a kick out of people insulting Bud and other beers of it's kind.
    Just because self appointed beer "experts" turn there nose up at these macro brews doesn't make them bad.
    In fact it's hard to argue with such a large % of beer drinkers taking down bud products(there is a reason they are such a big company).
    Just because you don't like a certain style of beer doesn't mean someone else doesn't.
    I still wish there was a lot better selection of beers I like, but I'm not going to go as far as saying rat piss anymore, I'm over my beer snobbyness.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

Granted I'm not big on bud myself, I still get a kick out of people insulting Bud and other beers of it's kind.
    Just because self appointed beer "experts" turn there nose up at these macro brews doesn't make them bad.
    In fact it's hard to argue with such a large % of beer drinkers taking down bud products(there is a reason they are such a big company).
    Just because you don't like a certain style of beer doesn't mean someone else doesn't.
    I still wish there was a lot better selection of beers I like, but I'm not going to go as far as saying rat piss anymore, I'm over my beer snobbyness.
    Exactly.
    Anheuser-Busch makes up 48% of beer sales in the USA.
    Can't be too bad now can it?

- Dan Calabrese

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234