Cocktails?

Sex?

Death?

Or is it just randomness?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The bottom line

Life.

Edit: I think I am reading the post wrong. Life is everything. The rest is just details.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

happiness

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Life.

Edit: I think I am reading the post wrong. Life is everything. The rest is just details.
    Interesting perspective. I always thought as life as #1

But what is it that comes next. Often - as a guy - I think that all I do in life is to please women.

If I educate myself. It's to impress women.

If I earn money. It's to impress women.

If I learn a skill. It's to impress women.

etc...

"cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Life.

Interesting perspective. I always thought as life as #1

But what is it that comes next. Often - as a guy - I think that all I do in life is to please women.

If I educate myself. It's to impress women.

If I earn money. It's to impress women.

If I learn a skill. It's to impress women.

etc...
    It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.

Dale Carnigie

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

There once was a man who wanted to discover the meaning of everything.
    He wandered across the world, searching for someone wise enough to explain to him what all this was about, what was the meaning of everything.
    After many years, in a distant land, he was told there is one Sage who knows the secret, the meaning of everything.
    So he traveled to the huge house where the old Sage lived. He knocked at the door, but there was no answer. He tried opening the large wooden door. It was not locked. The traveler entered the house, to find himself in an enormous hall with walls covered in shelves with books. He walked further in and entered a large room also filled with books. He moved to the adjacent room - and discovered that there, too, shelves were everywhere, and on them - only books. He approached one of the shelves and picked up a random volume. He opened it, and inside it, he saw the letter N, filling the pages. The pages of the book were all but rows of NNNNNN...
    He picked up another book, opened it - the book was filled with TTTTTTT.... He tried another one, and another, and each of them was filled with but one letter.
    Flabbergasted, the traveler wanted to sit down, when the Sage came in. He was an old, grey-bearded man, just as the fairy-tales have it.
    "Sir, said the traveler, I don't understand, there is... I don't understand!"
    The Sage smiled, and replied, "Now all you need to do is connect the letters."
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    He wandered across the world, searching for someone wise enough to explain to him what all this was about, what was the meaning of everything.
    After many years, in a distant land, he was told there is one Sage who knows the secret, the meaning of everything.
    So he traveled to the huge house where the old Sage lived. He knocked at the door, but there was no answer. He tried opening the large wooden door. It was not locked. The traveler entered the house, to find himself in an enormous hall with walls covered in shelves with books. He walked further in and entered a large room also filled with books. He moved to the adjacent room - and discovered that there, too, shelves were everywhere, and on them - only books. He approached one of the shelves and picked up a random volume. He opened it, and inside it, he saw the letter N, filling the pages. The pages of the book were all but rows of NNNNNN...
    He picked up another book, opened it - the book was filled with TTTTTTT.... He tried another one, and another, and each of them was filled with but one letter.
    Flabbergasted, the traveler wanted to sit down, when the Sage came in. He was an old, grey-bearded man, just as the fairy-tales have it.
    It's almost like reading Kafka.

Where the guard he has been waiting in front of, and been intimidated by, for weeks - in The Trial- tells him that if he had ever passed him, he would have faced 10 more guards still, and each one more strickt than the one before.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Where the guard he has been waiting in front of, and been intimidated by, for weeks - in The Trial- tells him that if he had ever passed him, he would have faced 10 more guards still, and each one more strickt than the one before.
    And well read as well........This ole yutz is impressed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Don't get too excited. You knew you had the juice of the cultural world to give

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Don't get too excited. You knew you had the juice of the cultural world to give
    Quit hijacking my friend Cogs thread...... ;D

“The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast