Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Batcave gets busted!

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    To bad the article doesn't say how they got caught. I would be curious, someone must have loose lips. :'(
    Hmmmm.
    High water usage relative to the size of the house would (should) have tripped a few alarms at the Water Bureau.

:

I would assume that an operation this well setup was not using city water. It would also take a hell of alot of electricity to run all those lights, so that must have been done with generators.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

The place is pretty cool, but now they will have to live in a van down by the river.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    To bad the article doesn't say how they got caught. I would be curious, someone must have loose lips. :'(
    Hmmmm.
    High water usage relative to the size of the house would (should) have tripped a few alarms at the Water Bureau.
    :
    Nah, probably more likely running off a well or one of the many underground aquifers.

Besides, even if they were on city water, I doubt that they keep records on house size and run comparisons on it.
    As long as they are paying for their water usage, the water works doesn't care.
    Plus there is nothing illegal about using a lot of water...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Hmmmm.

:
    Nah, probably more likely running off a well or one of the many underground aquifers.

Besides, even if they were on city water, I doubt that they keep records on house size and run comparisons on it.
    As long as they are paying for their water usage, the water works doesn't care.
    Plus there is nothing illegal about using a lot of water...
    When I lived in Iowa some guys got busted because the converted a barn into a reefer greenhouse....the $20K electricity bill to an abandoned barn didn't add up.
    Brilliant.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

That hydrolic rock escape hatch reminds me of the sawed off tree escape hatch that they used in Hogans Heroes!

Nice set up...but once again, greed was probably their downfall.

An operation that big is going to get exposed at some point.... Someone will use it as a "plea bargaining chip" for some stupid thing they get in trouble for....
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

wow, thats a very nice setup. I can't believe someone would go through all of that to sell weed.
    I mean how much money are they really making selling that weed. I am sure it cost alot more making that tunnel.
    ???

I can hardly wait to hear what Sagevike has to say about a weed thread..... well...at least after his message is decoded!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    wow, thats a very nice setup. I can't believe someone would go through all of that to sell weed.
    I mean how much money are they really making selling that weed. I am sure it cost alot more making that tunnel.
    ???
    good pot can go for $300 an ounce or more. a single plant can produce a more than an ounce. So 1000 plants could easily be worth $300,000. And to get that every few months, i would say it could turn a profit in the first couple of years, not that it will do them much good while they rot in prison. :'(

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

That is insane. But really there is no point in even trying to keep something like that going. How many rich succesful drug dealers do you hear about? None, they all get caught eventually.

"cc21" wrote:
    That is insane. But really there is no point in even trying to keep something like that going. How many rich succesful drug dealers do you hear about? None, they all get caught eventually.
    or do you only hear about them when they do get caught.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast