Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Who wants HD?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Who wants HD?

    Well, I can hook you up for cheap. $1000 for a 46" HDTV 1080i 720p. See Favre cry on the sideline in brilliant high-definition, watch your fav. local channels or ESPN, HBO and plenty of other stations in crystal clear resolution. Hit me up!

    I live in MN.

  2. #2
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Who wants HD?

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Well, I can hook you up for cheap. $1000 for a 46" HDTV 1080i 720p. See Favre cry on the sideline in brilliant high-definition, watch your fav. local channels or ESPN, HBO and plenty of other stations in crystal clear resolution. Hit me up!

    I live in MN.
    what type of 46"? DLP, LCD, standard projection? what brand? hookups?


    Chuch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Who wants HD?

    Rear projection Toshiba w/standard component, Crystal Scan HDMI and RCAs. Looks 10X hotter than a plasma.

  4. #4
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Who wants HD?

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Rear projection Toshiba w/standard component, Crystal Scan HDMI and RCAs. Looks 10X hotter than a plasma.
    and takes up 10x the space of a plasma. not to mention darker picture, nice sales pitch though- why not put it on ebay?


    Chuch.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Who wants HD?

    Way brighter picture. Its not LCD. Go ahead and spend 4K on a crap plasma. I know alot about TVs and this is the next best thing to DLP. DLP rear, normal rear, DLP front, then Plasma, then CRT, then LCD. The only draw to plasma is their size/thinness. I'll take quality. Ask the Metrodome, the worst stadium in football; they just bought 150.
    Ebay sucks.
    Only people with $1000 and know what they're talking about are allowed to reply from now on.

  6. #6
    mogwai's Avatar
    mogwai is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    179

    Re: Who wants HD?

    i've got a 42' sony plasma.it rocks and weighs 85 pounds

  7. #7
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Who wants HD?

    Sony makes some GREAT LCD projection TV's.....

    DLP has the rainbow effect for 1 in like 20-30 people....

    Normal rear IS the weakest of all.

    Plasma is getting much better but the older tech wasn't that great.... half-life on them was crap.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  8. #8
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Who wants HD?

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Sony makes some GREAT LCD projection TV's.....

    DLP has the rainbow effect for 1 in like 20-30 people....

    Normal rear IS the weakest of all.

    Plasma is getting much better but the older tech wasn't that great.... half-life on them was crap.


    Actually the newer DLP's don't have the rainbow effect anymore or at least it has gotten way way better then it was in last years TV's.

    I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP that I bought before Christmas and it is awesome. Just wish there were more HD channels around here. Nothing like watching football or college basketball in HD though.

    I went DLP due to LCD's blacks being so much poorer then DLP's. That and for some reason, Sony decided to not have PIP or splitscreen on this years sets.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •