Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vikings vs. Texans ticket or tickets for sale - Lower Level - $35 ea.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I'm never buying season tickets again! WTF!
    What are you talking about?
    Lower level for $35!
    It's great that folks can get after-market tickets for less than face value, I suppose.
    But I look at my season-ticket purchase as an investment in the Vikings.
    By purchasing that ticket, I show my committment to the team.

It's not about the money.
    And I don't like the lower-level.

=Z=
    That is one piss poor investment.
    I'll take lower level any day. I have committed enough to the Vikings. When are they going to commit to me and give me a Super Bowl.
    Tell me that when Greenbay is coming to the dome in the wild card round of the playoffs, or when the vikings do get to the superbowl, and I have a chance to buy superbowl tickets. Or the season after the vikings win the superbowl and cheap tickets aren't available.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48860.msg862073#msg862073 date=1226020109]
    Lower level for $35!
    It's great that folks can get after-market tickets for less than face value, I suppose.

=Z=
    I'll take lower level any day. I have committed enough to the Vikings. When are they going to commit to me and give me a Super Bowl.
    Tell me that when Greenbay is coming to the dome in the wild card round of the playoffs, or when the vikings do get to the superbowl, and I have a chance to buy superbowl tickets. Or the season after the vikings win the superbowl and cheap tickets aren't available.
    [/quote]

You still have to pay for those tickets. I have season tickets so I will be right there with you but again I have done my part. I doubt they do theirs and even make the playoffs.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=48860.msg862188#msg862188 date=1226066783]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48860.msg862073#msg862073 date=1226020109]
    Lower level for $35!

[/quote]

You still have to pay for those tickets. I have season tickets so I will be right there with you but again I have done my part. I doubt they do theirs and even make the playoffs.
    [/quote]

Goddamn it, sister, take a pamprin and calm down.
    You are ridiculous.
    And a broken record.
    I just knew the "I got this piece of crap at such-and-such game" was going to come down.
    I hear it every weekend.

Would you rather have a trinket or Jared Allen?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    If im shelling out that kind of money to go see a game I might as well get lower levels for cheaper then nose bleeds at full price

Buying season tickets is nice and helps..

But being there is what matters and supporting your team
    Being there matters, yes.
    But not very much to the bottom-line of the Vikings - which is a tad more important if you want to keep them here.

I want a full Dome.
    But a strong season-ticket-base is essential to the long-term prospects of the franchise.
    Well obviously the original season ticket owner supported the team when he shelled out the $98 for the ticket in the first place. I bought it for $35 & it still got used. I fail to see your point.

Are you saying I should buy season tix again at full price instead of saving hundreds of dollars by buying them from season ticket holders?

So far this year I have saved $1,006 on preseason tix & $743 on regular season tix. That allowed me to pass the savings &/or give away the tix over to fans here at PP.O. Those fans may not be able to afford to go to games at full price & would have stayed at home, there by possibly rendering the seat empty, but could go at the price I paid for them or for free, thus occupying the seat.

Bottom line is, if people were all forced to buy tickets at face value, whether it be season tickets or single ticket sales & not at a "less than face value" price, the Metrodome would be a hell of a lot emptier come game day.
    The net effect of a resold ticket on the revenue of the Vikings - IN RELATION TO ticket sales ONLY - is nil.
    They don't get a dime.
    Yes, they want the Dome to be full and that does depend on the resale market, but it does nothing for the biggest part of their bottom line.
    They don't have to share one dime of ticket money with the MSFC, but they have to share big $$$ of the concessions, parking, suite rentals, etc. with them.

Purchasing a season-ticket puts money directly into the pockets of the team.
    Which is the most direct way to support them staying in Minnesota for the long-term.

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    If im shelling out that kind of money to go see a game I might as well get lower levels for cheaper then nose bleeds at full price

Buying season tickets is nice and helps..

But being there is what matters and supporting your team
    Being there matters, yes.
    But not very much to the bottom-line of the Vikings - which is a tad more important if you want to keep them here.

I want a full Dome.
    But a strong season-ticket-base is essential to the long-term prospects of the franchise.
    Well obviously the original season ticket owner supported the team when he shelled out the $98 for the ticket in the first place. I bought it for $35 & it still got used. I fail to see your point.

Are you saying I should buy season tix again at full price instead of saving hundreds of dollars by buying them from season ticket holders?

So far this year I have saved $1,006 on preseason tix & $743 on regular season tix. That allowed me to pass the savings &/or give away the tix over to fans here at PP.O. Those fans may not be able to afford to go to games at full price & would have stayed at home, there by possibly rendering the seat empty, but could go at the price I paid for them or for free, thus occupying the seat.

Bottom line is, if people were all forced to buy tickets at face value, whether it be season tickets or single ticket sales & not at a "less than face value" price, the Metrodome would be a hell of a lot emptier come game day.
    The net effect of a resold ticket on the revenue of the Vikings - IN RELATION TO ticket sales ONLY - is nil.
    They don't get a dime.
    Yes, they want the Dome to be full and that does depend on the resale market, but it does nothing for the biggest part of their bottom line.
    They don't have to share one dime of ticket money with the MSFC, but they have to share big $$$ of the concessions, parking, suite rentals, etc. with them.

Purchasing a season-ticket puts money directly into the pockets of the team.
    Which is the most direct way to support them staying in Minnesota for the long-term.

=Z=
    Um, where do you think the resold tickets come from in the first place? The money is made by the Vikings on the initial sale of that ticket & contributes to that bottom line.

To think that if you sold your one of your season tickets to someone else after you bought it, takes away from the Vikings bottom line is laughable.

The Vikings also make money off of concessions. If that ticket is not resold & is vacant during a game, it takes away from those concessions. Ergo, it takes away from the bottom line.

Resell that ticket to someone who goes & they are more than likely buying concessions that contribute to the bottom line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Um, where do you think the resold tickets come from in the first place? The money is made by the Vikings on the initial sale of that ticket & contributes to that bottom line.

To think that if you sold your one of your season tickets to someone else after you bought it, takes away from the Vikings bottom line is laughable.
    The money is made on the initial sale - and then nothing else goes to the Vikings.
    If the choice is made to purchase a resold ticket rather than a ticket purchased from the Vikings then that choice does, indeed, do NOTHING for the bottom line of the Vikings.
    They have already made their money on the ticket.

The Vikings also make money off of concessions. If that ticket is not resold & is vacant during a game, it takes away from those concessions. Ergo, it takes away from the bottom line.

Resell that ticket to someone who goes & they are more than likely buying concessions that contribute to the bottom line.
    The Vikings make a small percentage of the concession money.
    The VAST majority of that goes to the MSC.
    That's actually one of the huge problems with the lease.

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Doesn't every single seat get bought anyway? I know they aren't filled but don't companies buy them?

And the Vikings started the ticket exchange so obviously they don't care if tickets get moved around

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    Doesn't every single seat get bought anyway? I know they aren't filled but don't companies buy them?

And the Vikings started the ticket exchange so obviously they don't care if tickets get moved around
    Actually, no, not every seat is purchased.
    The dome seats just over 64k for football, but they only need to sell 97%, or around 62k, for the game to be considered a sellout.
    Two thousand seats may not sound like a lot, but it comes to about $100,000 in lost revenue.
    When a local company agrees to buy out the remaining tickets, they are really only buying out the seats needed to make that 62K mark.

While I don't blame anybody for buying resale tickets, I tend to agree with Z.
    I prefer to support my team directly as opposed to supporting the resale industry.
    JMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Actually, no, not every seat is purchased.
    The dome seats just over 64k for football, but they only need to sell 97%, or around 62k, for the game to be considered a sellout.
    Two thousand seats may not sound like a lot, but it comes to about $100,000 in lost revenue.
    When a local company agrees to buy out the remaining tickets, they are really only buying out the seats needed to make that 62K mark.

While I don't blame anybody for buying resale tickets, I tend to agree with Z.
    I prefer to support my team directly as opposed to supporting the resale industry.
    JMHO.
    I agree with you, but i also like the point made by i think Singer, that people with a limited budget have only one option to do. When they buy the already purchased tickets, there will be people in the seats.

Both sides have good points, though i tend to agree with Zeus/Nodak
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

The vikes just need any sort of support

If they had a winning season in the last few years and i actually could afford shelling out thousands of dollars per year on season tickets I might do it

Til then ill show up to the 2-4 games a year I can spending 50 for a pair or lower and show my support by getting jerseys and screaming and eating dome dogs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast