Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings vs. Texans ticket or tickets for sale - Lower Level - $35 ea.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I'm never buying season tickets again! WTF!
    What are you talking about?
    Lower level for $35!
    It's great that folks can get after-market tickets for less than face value, I suppose.
    But I look at my season-ticket purchase as an investment in the Vikings.
    By purchasing that ticket, I show my committment to the team.

It's not about the money.
    And I don't like the lower-level.

=Z=

Im just as commited as anyone to the Vikes

I drive 4 and a half hours and spend 20 plus dollars on food and drinks

And pay all that gas money and im sitting in seats that were already paid for anyway

When I can afford season tickets I will.. But til then im as commited as I ever will be

V4L

If im shelling out that kind of money to go see a game I might as well get lower levels for cheaper then nose bleeds at full price

Buying season tickets is nice and helps..
    But being there is what matters and supporting your team

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    If im shelling out that kind of money to go see a game I might as well get lower levels for cheaper then nose bleeds at full price

Being there matters, yes.
    But not very much to the bottom-line of the Vikings - which is a tad more important if you want to keep them here.

I want a full Dome.
    But a strong season-ticket-base is essential to the long-term prospects of the franchise.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

But not very much to the bottom-line of the Vikings - which is a tad more important if you want to keep them here.

I want a full Dome.
    But a strong season-ticket-base is essential to the long-term prospects of the franchise.

=Z=

Yah I wish more people had season tickets as welll

But many people can't afford it

V4L

All the seats get bought up anyway too

100+ consecutive sell outs

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I want a full Dome.

=Z=
    Well obviously the original season ticket owner supported the team when he shelled out the $98 for the ticket in the first place. I bought it for $35 & it still got used. I fail to see your point.

Are you saying I should buy season tix again at full price instead of saving hundreds of dollars by buying them from season ticket holders?

So far this year I have saved $1,006 on preseason tix & $743 on regular season tix. That allowed me to pass the savings &/or give away the tix over to fans here at PP.O. Those fans may not be able to afford to go to games at full price & would have stayed at home, there by possibly rendering the seat empty, but could go at the price I paid for them or for free, thus occupying the seat.

Bottom line is, if people were all forced to buy tickets at face value, whether it be season tickets or single ticket sales & not at a "less than face value" price, the Metrodome would be a hell of a lot emptier come game day.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I want a full Dome.

=Z=
    Well obviously the original season ticket owner supported the team when he shelled out the $98 for the ticket in the first place. I bought it for $35 & it still got used. I fail to see your point.

Are you saying I should buy season tix again at full price instead of saving hundreds of dollars by buying them from season ticket holders?

So far this year I have saved $1,006 on preseason tix & $743 on regular season tix. That allowed me to pass the savings &/or give away the tix over to fans here at PP.O. Those fans may not be able to afford to go to games at full price & would have stayed at home, there by possibly rendering the seat empty, but could go at the price I paid for them or for free, thus occupying the seat.

Bottom line is, if people were all forced to buy tickets at face value, whether it be season tickets or single ticket sales & not at a "less than face value" price, the Metrodome would be a hell of a lot emptier come game day.
    Thanks again singer for the tickets, they were much better than our normal seats(though we did move to even better seats for the 4th quarter).
    One thing people aren't factoring in when saying second hand tickets are the way to go is the cost of big game tickets like the packers game. Last year we sold tickets with $20 face value for $110 before the game, If I was able to do that again this year the season tickets I bought for $250 would only cost $140 for 7 regular and 2 preseason games, plus I will have an opportunity to buy playoff tickets if such a day ever comes. (I wont sell them but it's nice to know I could).
    There is good and bad with buying season tickets, but I have not regretted it yet, I like knowing I have tickets for the game. On the other hand last year we made a killing showing up without tickets and buying them from scalpers.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Lower level for $35!
    It's great that folks can get after-market tickets for less than face value, I suppose.

=Z=
    That is one piss poor investment.
    I'll take lower level any day. I have committed enough to the Vikings. When are they going to commit to me and give me a Super Bowl.

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Lower level for $35!

=Z=
    That is one piss poor investment.
    I'll take lower level any day. I have committed enough to the Vikings. When are they going to commit to me and give me a Super Bowl.
    When they move

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I want a full Dome.

=Z=

+1, season tickets are not all that. What do they ever do for me? One of my cup holders has been broke for the last couple games. The promotions suck! Seriously a stupid magnet schedule and a team photo on a piece of cardboard. We get the same shit every year. The AP poster was nice but again cheap as shit. I got a duffle bag at a Bear game and a thick face towel at Green Bay. The Titans game we got a key chain. Can't this marketing team be more creative? PATHETIC!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast