Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    walleye is offline Training Camp

For those with Lower level season tickets

I plan on upgrading next year to the hospitality seating and was wondering how the pregame food and tent works. Do they give you food and beverages for free or what is it. How does it work.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: For those with Lower level season tickets

"walleye" wrote:
    I plan on upgrading next year to the hospitality seating and was wondering how the pregame food and tent works. Do they give you food and beverages for free or what is it. How does it work.
    I don't know how it works because I tailgate in the shadow of the Dome with the people of PPO every game.
    Vastly superior (and cheaper) than any "hospitality" suite could be.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

What is the deal with tailgating, do people just bring their own beer & food, plot up and chill?! is there tailgating etiquette?..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Johnson14" wrote:
    What is the deal with tailgating, do people just bring their own beer & food, plot up and chill?! is there tailgating etiquette?..
    Webby is kind enough to purchase 4 tailgating spots in Purple Lot 1 each year.
    He sets up tents and grills, everybody parks elsewhere and shows up with coolers and meat.
    We hang out, consume jello shots and Grain Belt Premium, BS, sing Skol Vikings, give shit to opposing fans, and generally have a great time.
    The spots are right next to the dome, so you can take a walk through the plaza if you want, or just hang out with some great people.

We also tend to meet up briefly after games as well, to celebrate a win, or console in the loss.

As far as the hospitality suites, I assume you are talking about the VIP tent seats.
    There is an open bar and open buffet in the tent, as well as some former greats like Joey Browner, and Chuck Foreman there.
    It really isn't all that amazing - most of the people there are in suits and ties instead of jerseys and jeans.
    I don't know where the tickets are located, but previous years I think that they have been lower level endzone (at least that is what was offered to me when I was looking at group hospitality tickets).
    The face value on those tickets are between $86-$115 a game, and I believe you pay $295 for a single game with the VIP tickets.
    I don't know if the extra $200 is worth the free food and booze.

JMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Johnson14" wrote:
    He sets up tents and grills, everybody parks elsewhere and shows up with coolers and meat.
    We hang out, consume jello shots and Grain Belt Premium, BS, sing Skol Vikings, give shit to opposing fans, and generally have a great time.
    The spots are right next to the dome, so you can take a walk through the plaza if you want, or just hang out with some great people.

We also tend to meet up briefly after games as well, to celebrate a win, or console in the loss.

As far as the hospitality suites, I assume you are talking about the VIP tent seats.
    There is an open bar and open buffet in the tent, as well as some former greats like Joey Browner, and Chuck Foreman there.
    It really isn't all that amazing - most of the people there are in suits and ties instead of jerseys and jeans.
    I don't know where the tickets are located, but previous years I think that they have been lower level endzone (at least that is what was offered to me when I was looking at group hospitality tickets).
    The face value on those tickets are between $86-$115 a game, and I believe you pay $295 for a single game with the VIP tickets.

JMHO.
    Well said. The only other thing, is as it gets closer to fall/winter, someone brings a heater. And, at the sunday night bears game, someone brought an lcd tv, to watch the late games, for entertainment. There is generally someone willing to share their hot chocolate, with something extra in it, and that goes a long way to keeping your belly warm.
    I will probably bring a football this year, tossing it around is another way to keep the blood flowing, and keep mr. frostbite from taking over.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Johnson14" wrote:

JMHO.
    Well said. The only other thing, is as it gets closer to fall/winter, someone brings a heater. And, at the sunday night bears game, someone brought an lcd tv, to watch the late games, for entertainment. There is generally someone willing to share their hot chocolate, with something extra in it, and that goes a long way to keeping your belly warm.
    I will probably bring a football this year, tossing it around is another way to keep the blood flowing, and keep mr. frostbite from taking over.
    The "somebody" for both the heater(s) and the TV is Webby and Neumdog.
    Class acts.

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Everyone pretty much summed it up.

I remember at the Iggles playoff game, there were a few tents mashed together with some heaters.
    I don't even think they tried the LCD monitor, due to the cold.
    People had coolers for their beers, but had to keep the heat IN the cooler to prevent frozen beverages.

Bottom line, you show up, someone will ask who you are..
    And invite you in as an old friend.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Blog Entries

"Formo" wrote:

I remember at the Iggles playoff game, there were a few tents mashed together with some heaters.
    People had coolers for their beers, but had to keep the heat IN the cooler to prevent frozen beverages.
    Amen to that.
    I have never had been freeze in the bottle I was drinking out of before.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

Amen to that.
    That's a sure sign you were drinking too slowly.

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

Amen to that.
    That's a sure sign you were drinking too slowly.

=Z=
    No, it's a sure sign that I was too stupid to go in the warming tent ever.
    I don't think Mrs NP ever came out...

The jello shots that the Eagles fans brought were all frozen too.
    Mine were still unfrozen.
    Testament to the alcohol level in mine...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast