Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoneG is offline Training Camp

Tailgate Etiquette

Hey all,

My wife and I are flying out this weekend for the Seahawks game and to celebrate her birthday. Never tailgated for even been to an NFL game before and was wondering what to expect tailgating wise, especially being out of towners(for the home team of course).

Thanks

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tailgate Etiquette

Well usually for your first tailgate you should bring food and Beer for everyone.
    And Usually for the PPO crowd that can be anywhere from 20-30 people .

Honestly though I am not a expert but I would bring something to share YOu can never go wromg with Alcohol of some sort or if you have something "Unique" then by all means bring it.

Whatever you do, don't bring something that your home state and region are known for, as in RAIN.

Other then that maybe a chair, low expectations for the seahawks and a smile.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Lol, 20-30 people is a whole lot of sharing. I was kinda thinking along the lines of bringing something though. I was hoping that if I bring a case or two of beer some tailgaters would be generous to share some burgers and dogs or something.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"RoneG" wrote:
    Lol, 20-30 people is a whole lot of sharing. I was kinda thinking along the lines of bringing something though. I was hoping that if I bring a case or two of beer some tailgaters would be generous to share some burgers and dogs or something.
    Pretty sure our tailgate (PurplePride.Org banner) would be willing to share some stuff..
    Especially if you start handing out beer.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"RoneG" wrote:
    Hey all,

My wife and I are flying out this weekend for the Seahawks game and to celebrate her birthday. Never tailgated for even been to an NFL game before and was wondering what to expect tailgating wise, especially being out of towners(for the home team of course).

Thanks
    First off - welcome to PPO!
    The largest Vikings fan site on the internet!

Here is the thread where you can let us know you'll be coming to the PPO tailgate party:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...tml#msg1017476

All are welcome!

As for etiquette - well, for tailgating with PPO, if you don't want to bring anything, don't feel obligated.
    I always bring a cooler full of Grain Belt Premium to share with the faithful.
    Other people bring just enough beer for themselves.
    The PPO leadership provides a grill and, lately, have been supplying some brats and buns that have been purchased from the Von Hanson's butchershop.

So - feel free to bring what you want to bring and hang out with PPO prior to the game.
    We tailgate in Purple Lot #1, which is directly northwest across the light-rail tracks from Gate H.
    There's a parking lot with a huge billboard in it (currently has a truck ad on it) and we will be located almost directly below it.
    The PPO guys get to the lot at 6am to grab our customary spots.

One note - LIQUOR STORES ARE CLOSED IN MINNESOTA ON SUNDAYS.
    So - if you're coming from out-of-town (as you are) buy your beer on Saturday or you'll be shut out.
    There are plenty of vendors at the Dome to purchase food and spirits, but if you want to bring a six-pack, you gotta get that on Sunday.

Keep asking questions, I'll be happy to answer as I can.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php/topic,54188.msg1017476.html#msg1017476[/url]

All are welcome!

As for etiquette - well, for tailgating with PPO, if you don't want to bring anything, don't feel obligated.
    The PPO leadership provides a grill and, lately, have been supplying some brats and buns that have been purchased from the Von Hanson's butchershop.

So - feel free to bring what you want to bring and hang out with PPO prior to the game.
    We tailgate in Purple Lot #1, which is directly northwest across the light-rail tracks from Gate H.
    There's a parking lot with a huge billboard in it (currently has a truck ad on it) and we will be located almost directly below it.

So - if you're coming from out-of-town (as you are) buy your beer on Saturday or you'll be shut out.
    There are plenty of vendors at the Dome to purchase food and spirits, but if you want to bring a six-pack, you gotta get that on Sunday.

=Z=
    That sounds great. Thanks for the welcome also, I love my Vikings so this seems like a great board to chat.

I was wondering about the beer on Sundays also, because I know each state has their own little quirks regarding alcohol, so thanks for clearing that up.

I'll sign onto the link you posted and be sure to look for the PPO banner. Sounds like a great time, definitely looking forward to the weekend. A lot is made out of how loud the dome gets so it'll be interesting to be there in person. And of course you gotta get some good tailgating in. How many people do you usually have set up in your area?

There was a story in today's USA TODAY(i know, i deliver it) about the NFL only allowing tailgating for 3.5 hours before the game starts. Because i'm not one of the first ones in the morning, i'm not really sure how hard this is being enforced. Not as big of a deal for a noon start, but it may make a difference to some, for the 3:15 game against the bears, or the sunday night game.

I haven't heard much about it, but the article said they were going to start enforcing it at the beginning of the season.

No website because i don't subscribe to it online, and i'm not going to scan it. It's there, trust me.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    There was a story in today's USA TODAY(i know, i deliver it) about the NFL only allowing tailgating for 3.5 hours before the game starts. Because i'm not one of the first ones in the morning, i'm not really sure how hard this is being enforced. Not as big of a deal for a noon start, but it may make a difference to some, for the 3:15 game against the bears, or the sunday night game.

I haven't heard much about it, but the article said they were going to start enforcing it at the beginning of the season.

No website because i don't subscribe to it online, and i'm not going to scan it. It's there, trust me.
    Thats so lame! Tailgating is part of the fun with the game. Although I havent attended a game that starts late or a nightgame, I imagine it would be much more fun, but knowing me, I would drink alot more beer too. in worst case that would make me go "watering my dolphin" a couple more times, but for other people not handling teh alcohol, the situation could be worse.

I just think this is a precaution against alcohol violence and disturbance, but none theless, iI dont like it at all!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"RoneG" wrote:
    "Zeus]<br" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php/topic,54188.msg1017476.html#msg1017476[/url]

All are welcome!

=Z=
    That sounds great. Thanks for the welcome also, I love my Vikings so this seems like a great board to chat.

I was wondering about the beer on Sundays also, because I know each state has their own little quirks regarding alcohol, so thanks for clearing that up.

I'll sign onto the link you posted and be sure to look for the PPO banner. Sounds like a great time, definitely looking forward to the weekend. A lot is made out of how loud the dome gets so it'll be interesting to be there in person. And of course you gotta get some good tailgating in. How many people do you usually have set up in your area?
    How many people depends upon the game.
    Looks like a smallish crowd this week, but that will probably change.
    For the Lions game last week, I think we ended up with ~35-40.
    We'll have 3 tents together right by the corner of the lot (along the East side of the parking lot along Chicago avenue - again, look for the billboard and then look for the Purplepride.Org banner).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast