Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Question about tickets for @Detroit game

I am maybe planning on taking a road trip to the game at Detroit. I was going to take my girlfriend with me.

I was just wondering how much it would cost for two GOOD tickets there?
    This would be my FIRST Vikings game so I have no idea the costs.

Is there any tips you guys could give me? (best time to get there? Good seats? etc..)

Re: Question about tickets for @Detroit game

Here is what i suggest:
    -Look for 2 on craigslist
    -Compare them to a seating chart of the stadium
    -Lowball their price
    -Don't mention you're a vikings fan
    -Meet somewhere during the day to pay for them
    -Go to the game, watch the vikes kick some tail.
    -Go home happy
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Thank you sir. How much should I save up for 2 tickets?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

for GOOD tickets? Save $125 each, then take the rest you don't spend and buy her supper.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1102635
    for GOOD tickets? Save $125 each, then take the rest you don't spend and buy her supper.
    $125 ea.? LOL! I've never paid that much for tickets to the Lions game ever.

A Packer game once, but never any other regular season game.

FV or less............You & SCSGV know that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102640

You can be picky if you are in town - but when traveling from out of town it is pretty important to line up the tix ahead of time.

The Lions game is early in the season, so people still have hope. That drives up the price a little bit. Plus, the Lions are one of the games we have a chance of winning (although I think at this point the Lions will be favored). So that might drive it up a bit too.

I don't think that IBP is too far off at $125 per ticket. That would put you in a lower level corner endzone seat pretty easily. I checked stub hub, and they had tix in Section 113 Row 7 for $120 each.

If you want upper deck, you should be able to get them right at face value. DO NOT take any seat in row 20 or higher in the upper deck. While there are very few bad seats in the dome, the ones that are bad are the limited view seats in the high rows of the upper level.

Also, make sure you stop by the PP.O tailgate before the game. Good luck finding tickets!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One more thing - where are you coming in from, and do you need a hotel. There are a couple of good options for hotels. If you stay downtown you can beat the traffic and most hotels let you leave your car in their lot until after the game. Or you can stay at the mall of America and take the light rail into the city. This is good if you want to make a weekend out of it - but the light rail is VERY VERY crowded after games. Both areas are pretty reasonably priced. I usually get my hotels from priceline.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1102647

You can be picky if you are in town - but when traveling from out of town it is pretty important to line up the tix ahead of time.

The Lions game is early in the season, so people still have hope. That drives up the price a little bit. Plus, the Lions are one of the games we have a chance of winning (although I think at this point the Lions will be favored). So that might drive it up a bit too.

I don't think that IBP is too far off at $125 per ticket. That would put you in a lower level corner endzone seat pretty easily. I checked stub hub, and they had tix in Section 113 Row 7 for $120 each.

If you want upper deck, you should be able to get them right at face value. DO NOT take any seat in row 20 or higher in the upper deck. While there are very few bad seats in the dome, the ones that are bad are the limited view seats in the high rows of the upper level.

Also, make sure you stop by the PP.O tailgate before the game. Good luck finding tickets!
    I'm not in town. I'm 2-1/2 hours away

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102651
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1102647

I'm not in town. I'm 2-1/2 hours away
    if you show up to a game, and can't find a ticket, it's not the end of the world to make a 3 hour drive back. Bit different if you're travelling a few states over I would say. Me for example. it's a 6 hour drive, I'm not going unless I get tickets lined up ahead of time.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Isn't he talking about seeing a game @ Detroit?

Most of the people posting here don't have any clue as to the ticket market in Detroit. If you really are looking to see a road game in Detroit then it might not be a dumb idea to ping a Lion's board for some advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast