Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Need help on tickets

"skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Skum, glad to year you are gonna get home for a game.

I've been to two games in the dome and have elected to sit in the corner areas (213/234) for both. You are close to the endzone and still retain some of the sideline view.
    I was thinking that i wanted Lower Level all the way, i know from soccer that that is better, but of course this is a different game.

Is it bad to be sitting near the visitors bench?.. will i be stuck with only Packer fans around me.?
    I saw them play against the Bucs from the lower level (Bucs old stadium) and even though I was closer to the players, I couldn't see the plays develop the way you can when you can look down a bit on the play.

As to what side, I've sat on both sides.
    Way to many Vikes fans to worry about how many PUKER fans will be around you.
    There will be enough of the purple to ensure you have a good time would be my bet.
    If i sit on the Upper lowel, how high is too high?..

I got the view from http://www.msfc.com/seating.cfm and im starting to digging into upper level a bit more..
    I don't think any place is too high, but the higher up you go, the rowdier the crowd gets (since the seats are cheaper).
    And in some places, those at the top of the stadium bang on the air vents for 3 hours, which can get a bit annoying.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I fly back every year to MN for the Vikes Pack game.
    Typically we get tickets on some of the internet sites but we really pay too much.
    We have been sitting in 119-115 sections, 10-20 row and have paid about $200 per ticket.
    IF you or anyone else on here is aware of cheaper way to get great seats for this rivalry please let me know. This is the 4th year of the pilgrimage back to MN.
    We have even made T shirts commemerating the event ( 4th annual Norseman Trip).
    We are going to add the scores from every year to the t shirts as well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I've been to two games in the dome and have elected to sit in the corner areas (213/234) for both. You are close to the endzone and still retain some of the sideline view.
    I was thinking that i wanted Lower Level all the way, i know from soccer that that is better, but of course this is a different game.

Is it bad to be sitting near the visitors bench?.. will i be stuck with only Packer fans around me.?
    I saw them play against the Bucs from the lower level (Bucs old stadium) and even though I was closer to the players, I couldn't see the plays develop the way you can when you can look down a bit on the play.

There will be enough of the purple to ensure you have a good time would be my bet.

I got the view from http://www.msfc.com/seating.cfm and im starting to digging into upper level a bit more..
    I try to stay as low as I can so that I am of course closer but more to stay away from the air drums Z mentioned.
    Some of the locals get a few beers in them and they get carried away on them it seems. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't think any place is too high, but the higher up you go, the rowdier the crowd gets (since the seats are cheaper).
    And in some places, those at the top of the stadium bang on the air vents for 3 hours, which can get a bit annoying.

=Z=
    For the heavy gameday drinkers, the high sections of the upper deck are often the best place to be.
    I find that I make less of an ass out of myself up there with the common folk, than down on the lower level.
    You can yell, cheer, and stand, yet people don't seem to get as annoyed as the snobs on the lower level do.

;D

I've said lower level at the 10-20 before a few rows up and hated the seats...Unless the action was in that end zone of course.
    I'd take uppers over them even if they were priced the same.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Check With Singer, Can pretty much guarentee that if you are coming all that way and for your first game, Singer will go out of his way to find you the best possible tickets at the best possible price.

Jilly is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Ahhh, the "Old Sombrero". I was able to see the Vikes play in 96 and 97 before that stadium was demolished. Those were the good ol days when the Bucs couldn't fill the house and you had a choice to sit anywhere you want for face value.

Skum, IMO mid field lower level all the way.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Expect about 1/3 of all the fans at that game to be Packer followers.
    It's pretty disgusting actually.
    Normally at a game if your out in the hall, in the bathroom, or out for a smoke, and you hear the crowd go nuts you can't count on the fact that the Vikings did something good.
    During the Packer game, you never know because of the amount of Packer fans in attendance.
    I was surrounded by them last year and I wasn't even on the visitor side.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Wait until the move to LA.
    There won't be a bad seat in the house!
    I'm going it's been a long time since i've been to California

lil_miss_sixty is offline Starter

i think this is a better seating chart for u, it shows where the vikings bench is, that would b the 'vikings side'
    www.seatdata.com also has some real-life views for u to check out to get a better idea.

some things need to fall out of place for other things to fall into place.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"lil_miss_sixty" wrote:
    i think this is a better seating chart for u, it shows where the vikings bench is, that would b the 'vikings side'
    www.seatdata.com also has some real-life views for u to check out to get a better idea.

Which side are your tickets on, LMS?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast