Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Need help on tickets

HI PPO!

Me and my friend Kenneth is coming to Minnesota this year to tailgate with you guys..

People who knows me knows that im from Denmark, so we will be making quite a trip to watch some football..

I need some help.. I dont want to buy bad tickets.. Be aware that neither of us has seen an NFL, CFL the only games ive watched have been the local team Copenhagen Tomahaws, but there are no seats, you just show up and the attendance is usually around 20 people

What sections is bad, what sections is good.. How much is lower level better than upper level.. How is the view from the endzone seats all that kind of stuff..

We are planning to attend the Packer home game, so im also looking for everyone willing to sell their tickets or buy tickets for us.. ship them to europe or hold them for us so we can meet in MN.. or something like that..

- Skum

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Need help on tickets

really, quite frankly, when you go to an nfl game in person, you go for the experience.
    You get a better view from your TV.
    OFten, no matter where you sit in the dome, you will have a great time.
    However, Because of the way the dome is built, there really are no areas with a bad view of the field unless you buy a seat behind a pole.
    As you can probably figure out on your own, lower level is best, but you don't want to be too low.
    IF your too low, you lose the birds eye view effect, which is nice to have.
    It gets harder to see everything going on on the field.
    I would say anywhere from row 8 - row 20 would be Excellent seats.
    Best seats would be midfield, Vikings side.
    Endzone seats are good too, but if the ball is on the other side of the field, it gets really hard to see what happens, as your depth perception is off.
    If you have 2nd level seats, you see everything that goes on, but some details are hard to catch.

Just some things to keep in mind.
    Regardless of where you sit, you will find yourself on your feet screaming yourself silly.

Also, its worth checking ebay for tickets.
    Most for the packers game will probably be expensive, but you never know.

Blog Entries

Yeah, i got some places in mind.. there are alot of internet ticket shops that sells tickets to the games, i know that i will have to pay overprice, but i dont mind.. I just want to watch Derrick Harvey destroy Aaron Rodgers and AD go 67 yards for the touchdown 2 or 3 times.

What is the Vikings side of the field?..

[img width=450 height=450]http://www.eventinventory.com/EIBOVenueMap.cfm?vid=1071&eid=555[/img]

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"skum" wrote:
    What is the Vikings side of the field?..

[img width=450 height=450]http://www.eventinventory.com/EIBOVenueMap.cfm?vid=1071&eid=555[/img]
    Section 109 is on the home side, midfield.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Wait until the move to LA.
    There won't be a bad seat in the house!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Skum, glad to year you are gonna get home for a game.

I've been to two games in the dome and have elected to sit in the corner areas (213/234) for both. You are close to the endzone and still retain some of the sideline view.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

I've been to two games in the dome and have elected to sit in the corner areas (213/234) for both. You are close to the endzone and still retain some of the sideline view.
    I was thinking that i wanted Lower Level all the way, i know from soccer that that is better, but of course this is a different game.

Is it bad to be sitting near the visitors bench?.. will i be stuck with only Packer fans around me.?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I was thinking that i wanted Lower Level all the way, i know from soccer that that is better, but of course this is a different game.

Is it bad to be sitting near the visitors bench?.. will i be stuck with only Packer fans around me.?
    I saw them play against the Bucs from the lower level (Bucs old stadium) and even though I was closer to the players, I couldn't see the plays develop the way you can when you can look down a bit on the play.

As to what side, I've sat on both sides.
    Way to many Vikes fans to worry about how many PUKER fans will be around you.
    There will be enough of the purple to ensure you have a good time would be my bet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Singer will be a great source for you, both on the tickets and the information.
    I know there is a certain row in the lower-level where it becomes hard to see above the players and associated junk on the sidelines.

In the lower-level end zones, the action is GREAT - when they are right in front of you - and really really sucky when they're at the other end.

My personal preference is somewhere in the first 10 rows, any place in the upper-deck.
    You can see the whole field, your perspective isn't as messed up when they are far away.
    I really like it before plays, because you can clearly see the formations, players in motion, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you, my friend!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I saw them play against the Bucs from the lower level (Bucs old stadium) and even though I was closer to the players, I couldn't see the plays develop the way you can when you can look down a bit on the play.

As to what side, I've sat on both sides.
    Way to many Vikes fans to worry about how many PUKER fans will be around you.
    There will be enough of the purple to ensure you have a good time would be my bet.
    If i sit on the Upper lowel, how high is too high?..

I got the view from http://www.msfc.com/seating.cfm and im starting to digging into upper level a bit more..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast